Fan Clubs

Console/Games Deals and Bargains Thread

Guest The Man Beast

Guest The Man Beast

Ok im sick of having to go to a friends house to play it (his Xbox 360), Whats the cheapest I can get one for with all the gear,Hard drive etc :xyx

Clarkey: just added a ickle edit there to refer to the the 360 due to changing the topic title.

Edited by Clarkey

Guest Clarkey

Play.com has some really handy packages at the moment, just depends on the games you are after. For £279.99/433.99 Euro's, you can pick up a Premium with Gears of War, PGR3 and two controllers, here. At £299.99/464.99, you can get the same package with either Spiderman 3 (I would avoid that though), or Command and Conquer with the Xbox Live Unplugged game.

Lots and lots of bundles around, Gameplay, Gamestation, Game etc.

Also I hope you don't mind, but rather than just having more threads popping up asking about bundles for each console, I took it upon myself to adapt this one into a general one for everyone to posts their deals and bargains etc.

Well the all round cheapest for game prices and the actual hardware would be the Wii if you can get your hands on one.

At the moment Play has 5 in stock for £240 with the Nunchuk, Wii Sports, the Remote and of course the console.

Plus they have used I believe as well which are cheaper and hard to pick up at the moment.

Guest Al Stevens

Man beast me personally i would check local inderpendate shops around your area. If there is any have a look and have a chat and see what sort of deal you can do.

Myself i got my 360 splinter cell for about £200 and then when ever i go there i always get good prices on games ect. for example last week i got £50 for three games (Gears of War, Smackdown vs Raw 07 and a poker game) and then only had to pay £5 for Forza 2 and Ghost Recon 2.

If handheld is your thing then hit up GameStation for their PSP deals on both consoles and gaming.

I go in there every month and come out smiling, seriously, best gaming purchase I ever made bar the £30 Dreamcast with Seven games, Light Gun and VMU deal I made (also at Station).

Also Tekken Dark Resurrection for the PSP is but £12.99 on Play.com as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Evil Monkey
The Gamestation deals are for 24 hours I think - celebration of the release of Halo 3. Actually, it was supposed to be a new deal for each hour yesterday, but I guess they are keeping them going for a bit.

The demo is great thats on Live Arcade and it's getting some super reviews. A shame they dropped the three runs aspect for three laps, but it's a minor quibble. Oh and erm.....Game over, yeah! remains.

So, I'm thinking of buying another 360 and sending my broken one off to get repaired. Does anyone know any good deals with Halo 3 included? I was just going to buy the core console as I have everything else, but is it worth shedding out another £50/60 for another hard drive for now?

[EDIT]: The reason for getting another one is due to being frustrated that Halo 3 is out, and the fact that my brother kept on taking the other 360 to my nans which really pissed me off, as we agreed that it will stay at home... so, I am in need of another one to stop it.

Guest Al Stevens

Yesterday i got a 100% none scratched Resident Evil Code Veronica none platinum game for £4 :xyx

Now time to get the Silent Hill collection (as in S.H 1,2,3 and 4)

Guest Kanenite
Does anyone know where I can pick up a copy of Metal Gear Solid as in the Original for the PS1? I'm a bit stumped, i've tried Ebay but prices are picking up to a tenner.