Guest big pau hoolinator

Your policy on sports franchises  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Your policy on sports franchises

• I buy every new one and am proud
    • I buy every new one but know it's a waste
    • I try not to but end up buying every one
    • I only buy for a clear improvement
    • I still play the old versions (i.e. FIFA 2003)
    • I don't play sports games

Guest big pau hoolinator

Hi, thought I would ask everyone their opinion on sports franchises and maybe get some good discussion going?

What I am asking is, what do you think about series like Madden, FIFA, Pro Evo, NBA etc. and do you buy everyone of a certain series such as FIFA, or do you perhaps buy it if you see it offers something new but have no problems saying 'no thanks, not this year' if you thnik its a rip off.

I try to be sensible and only buy obvious improvements but I am a bit of a sucker for football games, if they release a 'Road to Euro 08' game where you can't play the final tournament and they will release 'Euro 08' in about 8 months later where you can play qualifying and the final tournament I will buy the Road to Euro 08 anyway becuase I am a bit of a sucker I guess.

Another factor is how alot of the games are going 'next gen' and I have sold my old consoles so have to get the games for my new ones else I wont have any games like I sold my XBOX so have to get Madden 08 for 360 or I wont really have a NFL game etc.

Just wondering if anyone else was a sucker for what could be seen as 'cash cows' like FIFA etc. ?

Guest Dave7g
Pro Evo and WWE are the only ones worth getting every year,people who buy FIFA every year should just throw their money on a fire instead.

Fight Night, Tiger Woods (PGA) and Tony Hawk are always ace.

Pro Evo and WWE are the only ones worth getting every year

Dave, you have played SD vs RAW 2006 and 07, right?

Oh, for a week?

Yes, me too......

Guest Anime Otaku
Pro evo and Tony Hawk are one I buy, started getting into the Madden groove too. Is it possible to get the college American Football games here too? SDvsRaw I may or may not get next year.

Guest big pau hoolinator
The NCAA games have been availible in the past but there wasnta PAL version of 07 so who can say in terms of 08, I hope there is a PC one if there isn't a PAL release so I could import it and then plug in my Xbox 360 controller to my PC via USB and play it that way I guess.

Guest Danny Styles
personally i only buy for a real improvement, i have Pro Evo 4 and left it until Pro Evo 6 because game play had imporved loads

Guest Marshall Mac D
oh well I buy every fifa football game each year i love fifa i prefer it then pro evo who i just carn't seem to like it.

Guest dpddave

I buy most pro evo games....although i only bought 6 a couple of weeks so it was only 20euro.

Ive bought SvR the past couple of years.

And FIFA 2007 is the first one i bought since 1998!!! I descovered pro evo after that and stuck to it...

Guest Proudy
Brought all the Pro Evo's since 3, before that I was hooked on Fifa. Although I actually went out and got Fifa 07 last year, which i've quite enjoyed, wont be going back though.