Fan Clubs | beta

Console Wake Thread

Guest LUKE

3 Red lights of doom 2

I just tern on my xbox 360 and guess what,3 red light again.This is the second time this year so I'll be offline once more for at lest 3 weeks.:sad:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news buddy,back to your PS3 so:lol

stupid PS3 with its lake of GoW or any other good game.

Edited by LUKE

Guest ahsatan
Well, talking nomally, the three red lights means your 360 is buggered. Where the lights show green when you're normally plaing or loading up your 360, you get red lights instead and it means nothing good at all for your 360 or your gaming fun for the next 21 days at least. :(

Ah i see,my mate bought a 360 and it burnt out after a few weeks...is this common then?

Has not happened to me yet but I presume it will,it does seem very common though,

Has happened to a mate of mine in work last week.

Guest big pau hoolinator
Mines been OK so far after about 7 months but I am not really confident about the disc drive on mine, games quite often freeze with it saying 'disc could not be read' and it doesnt seem all that right to me but the green lights still burn bright for now.

Mines been OK so far after about 7 months but I am not really confident about the disc drive on mine, games quite often freeze with it saying 'disc could not be read' and it doesnt seem all that right to me but the green lights still burn bright for now.

Yep happens to me aswell.

Guest Marshall Mac D
Well i had my xbox 360 over a year now and haven't had any problem's with it so i guess im one the lucky people.

Well i had my xbox 360 over a year now and haven't had any problem's with it so i guess im one the lucky people.

Oh don't count your chickens yet,Mine was well over a year and a half old before it went.

Guest Anime Otaku
I've had a few error screens, one red light (one of the bottom ones, worked fine after I restarted it) and freezes but the only major problem has been a scratched Forza 2 disc which was Mums fault for jumping about my room with the dog and falling next to it when it was running.

Guest ahsatan

That was the first problem we had with our first xbox 360. It kept coming up with disc can not be read, and occaisionally the xbox would crash. No that long after, we got the circle of death!

We had our first one from launch, it was only a couple of months ago when it broke. We weren't covered by waranty any more, so just went out and bought a new one and since then we've got another one. So now we have two fully working happy 360s.

Thing is, Microsoft want £80 to repair your 360 if it is outside of waranty, and there's no way I'm spending that to get some refurbished previously burnt out piece of crap that, as Luke is demonstrating, lasts three weeks before it pops it's clogs again. By buying another one, it means if it dies we get to take it back to the shop.

Guest MojoPogo
Oh dont even get me started on the red lights of doom......GAAAAAAH! I love the machine, but in terms of build quality its utter horse shite. No, im not bitter.

Guest ahsatan
Well this morning it has crashed twice...grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Is it always the same game? I sometimes find it crashes a lot with certain games.

Guest big pau hoolinator
Yeah, it does seem to be the same one or two games, one of which I hardly play because of the problem but I thought I'd try this morning to no avail