Fan Clubs

Back from the doldrums: Games needing sequels/Series that should return

Guest Clarkey

Guest Clarkey

I pretty much had a thread to myself on it, and did become just a tad (overly :)) obsessed with it; but Telltale Games bringing back the Sam and Max series after having Freelance Police cancelled by Lucasarts was pure godliness. The fact they took it their own direction too really set a possible precedent for other series to be brought back. Full Throttle's cancelled sequel springs to mind. The recent speculation over a new Monkey Island title, after some new pictures sprung up drawn by Steve Purcell of a suspiciously familar dead pirate, shows that there is interest there. Ron Gilbert has even stated in the past that the secret is yet to be revealed, and he'd wish to create a fifth game in the series to tell everyone of it at some point. Series like Shenmue and Oddworld, both more recently saw themselves discontinued by their creators (bar Shenmue Online) before they had reached their fruitation, leaving room for them to yet return at some point. Nights return is further signifier of this (well I can't wait for it anyways).

The fascination of lists of the 'greatest games ever' as seen by the other thread I posted today also shows this. But what titles should be brought back for a another day in the Sun? In the thread I posted about games turning your head, there was a very good call of Beyond Good and Evil. If Ancel wasn't so caught up with finding inventive things to do with Rabbids, and the original had sold a little better then the series is definately calling for a revival as there is plenty there to be explored.

Guest Anime Otaku
I hope the rumors of a new Katamari game are true, We love Katamari was the perfect name for the PS2 game from my point of view. A MMO version of Elite would be fantastic too.

Guest Clarkey
They are, Beautiful Katamari is coming to the 360 and the Wii with the PS3 release being cancelled. Keita Takahashi isn't behind this one though.

Guest MojoPogo
Bring on true next gen sequel to Zombies ate my neighbours i say (i know there was Ghoul Patrol, but that was basically the same game with different lead characters). The mix of b-movie kitsch, humour and shoot em up action, would be fantastic. I know there was a similar game came out on the 360 and pc recently, but it just isnt the same.....

Guest dpddave
Anyone remember overboard on the ps1. Id love to see what a game like that would be like on next gen. It wasnt the greatest game in the world but i thought it was great fun.

Guest MojoPogo
Stunt Car Racer. That game needs a sequel. It was being discussed i believe, but there's been nothing substantial. Anyone remember the roller coaster tracks of Stunt Car Racer?

Guest Anime Otaku
Oh I remember that waaaaay back on the Amiga 500, may even have been C64. I'd love to see Sensi Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Lemmings and Worms come back, though a version of Worms (a proper 2D version) is on XBL arcade and Sensi World of Soccer is supposedly on its way very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chriscare

A new smash tv would be awesome, i'm not sure if the game would transition to 3d, but even in 2d with better graphics, longer, new weapons and stuff would be great.

Also a new road rash, i don't understand how they couldn't trasition road rash into a good game with 3d graphics.

KOTR 3 would be nice to see too

Guest The Beltster
Stunt Car Racer. That game needs a sequel. It was being discussed i believe, but there's been nothing substantial. Anyone remember the roller coaster tracks of Stunt Car Racer?
No doubt, I loved it, even though I was always driving off the edge. I remember the flames shooting out of the pipes on your car :lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/ST_Stunt_Car_Racer.png

Guest Al Stevens
How about a proper sequal to Rock and Roll Racing, i mean the PS1 version was ok but nothing of the game play which made the SNES version the bomb