Fan Clubs

Freaky games.

Guest Anime Otaku

Guest Anime Otaku

What weird games have you played that you'd recommend, by weird I'm not talking about games like the Katamari series but ones that really freak you out.

Currently I am playing The Darkness which is full of freaky images such as the literal take on the phrase "War is Hell" and the titular Darkness powers which include using demons that look like a cross of the Alien and the watery replica face from The Abyss to attack enemies and eat their hearts which gets nastier if they fight over it.

Other great freaky games IMO are Manhunt, The Suffering which had some similar weirdness to The Darkness and Condemned: Criminal Origins.

Guest Clarkey
The System Shock series springs to mind, and while I haven't played it myself F.E.A.R seems from reading reviews and such to have the freaky presence you talk of. Bioshock should be fun when it finally is released.

Guest Anime Otaku
I've got F.E.A.R it's not bad. I'm definitely going to preorder Bioshock once the SE is confirmed for the UK.

Guest MojoPogo
Silent Hill. That still freaks me out with its imagery. Rule of Rose is bloody disturbing too (though its actually a pretty crap game).

I once walked downstairs when my ex was playing Doom on the PC, with the sound loud. I walked into the room and it was all quiet, until I said "whatcha doin'" and he squealed like a girl and almost fell off his chair. Funniest thing i've ever seen.

Guest Reno
The Resident Evil remake on Gamecube is pretty freaky, but that's the only game that actually freaked me out to be honest.

Guest Al Stevens

Forbidden Siren. Very crap game however the sight jacking was amazing and creepy.

Also the Project zero games as well are very good as well to freak someone out.

Guest The Joker
I can play Resident Evil, they dont really bother me. I cant play them at all. Its mostly just for fun, but I will never play Silent Hill again. That game freaks me out

Guest Bluestiger99
Resistance: Fall of Man had its freaky moments as well. The Darkness was there as well. Expecially of the voice of the Darkness. The ending was absolute crap though.

Guest ahsatan
Expecially of the voice of the Darkness.

Mike Patton is the voice of The Darkness, Faith No More fans! :D

Anyway, I have been playing The Darkness too. I haven't found it particularly creepy, it is wonderfully dark though. Enjoying it thoroughly. :)

Project Zero and Condemned I found pretty damn creepy. Also the Silent Hill games.

Resident Evil is up there too, I enjoy dark games.

Guest Anime Otaku

I just completed The Darkness today and the end sequence is amazing and REALLY messy, I especially liked the bit with 3 Darklings surrounding about 5 of Paulies guys when cuts to black just as the Darklings strike so you can only hear whats happening, I liked the ending, it's probably the most logical way for the origin story to end.

Considering that The Darkness is analogous to Satan or a similar being so really it had to win over Jackie in the end but he (maybe) got to say goodbye to Jenny as well.

Tash, how far have you got, Chapter 2 is definitely disturbing, the cast was great all through that I think, some of the load screen anecdotes are funny as are the Darkling quotes which are totally absurd, and as was said The Darkness is amazing.

Halloween, alone in the house by myself, dark outside and windy...

What do I do?

Play Silent Hill 2 on the X-Box in the dark in the shadowy and big front room of course...

The most wonderfully dark, freaky and atmospheric experiance I have had with a Computer game.

Guest ahsatan

Tash, how far have you got, Chapter 2 is definitely disturbing, the cast was great all through that I think, some of the load screen anecdotes are funny as are the Darkling quotes which are totally absurd, and as was said The Darkness is amazing.

I finished it yesterday. I had a quick blast of F.E.A.R. too last night.

Guest Andrew

I'm playing through The Darkness at the moment because Tash suggested that I get it and it's got some freaky ass moments in it and I'm still only on Chapter 1! Goods game though.

I have F.E.A.R. but I haven't had chance to play it yet, maybe that will be my next game but another game that I thought was pretty damn freaky was "Condemned" which was one of the 360's launch titles. That game **** me up on many occasion with it's freaky nature so much so I can't wait for the sequel.

Guest Reno
I am replaying Resident Evil 2 right now, and cant for the life of me turn the lights off.

Resident Evil 2 wasn't scary at all, but I used to know one kid that wouldn't play it for 3 weeks, due to the fact he was crapping himself he saw the Licker move past the window in the police station at the start.