Fan Clubs

360's

Guest Davros

Guest Davros

Okay so I've just bought myself a 360 and I'm loving it.

But I've been hearing a lot of stuff both through mates and in the press about the dreaded RED RING OF DOOM!! and its got me totally paranoid.

Every time I play it now I'm waiting for the thing to die and I've barely had it a month!! Any whir or noise is the thing signalling its end.

Does anyone know just how common a problem it is?

I'm not particularly teccy so can see myself getting into a tiz as to what to do. I turned down the extended warranty in the store and I'm sweating it now.

So how much of a problem is the RRoD?

Guest Marshall Mac D
So far my 360 is all good but just enjoy it keep it well ventilated make sure you don't move it when you have game inside or it will scratch the disk and keep it flat ive alway's been told that .

Guest NicolaW
It was really comman when they were first out but I was told the other day from someone who works in Game that alot of them were recalled and they havent had half the amount of people coming in and changing them.We never had any trouble with ours although it was very loud and would make a rattling sound from time to time and sometimes just freeze and turn off.

Guest dpddave
This is whats putting me off buying one...my mate bought one in xtravision a couple of months ago and it died after like 5weeks....

Guest MojoPogo
To be fair, although, its happening more often than it should, a few thousand in what 10 million shipped isnt actually THAT common. Its a brilliant machine and im sure microsoft will fix it. Now window f'n vista, thats a totally different story......

Guest frednut

there's a three year warrenty now, from the date you bought it, so there's no real need to worry.

But if you want to avoid getting it, put it in a place that is cool and in a draft. The 3 red lights occur when the board inside the box warps due to over heating problems.

If you want stats microsoft say 3-5% will break, gaming website's say 30%. But with giving 3 year warrenty's out this week microsoft have all but admitted that it is a huge problem and rushed designing the console.

It is a great console though. :)

Guest Colin
I'm coming on a year with no problems with mine at all. I guess I may not use it as much as others but normally it's in a quite airy room out in the open.