Fan Clubs

The Honesty Thread

Guest SammyDavis

Guest SammyDavis

Shamelessly stolen from another board.:xyx

In this thread you can admit things about wrestling that you normally wouldn't. You can agree with what someone says, but you can't make fun of them for their honesty.

I'll get it started.

-I liked WCW in it's dying days

-I don't like Bret Hart, and think he comes off as rather bitter

-TNA bores me today, i did like it about a year or so ago, but no more

-CM Punk is great, and i think the Punk hate is merely an IWC bandwagon (like the original Punk love)

-I think that Vince doesn't want the new ECW to succeed, even if it's not with the original ECW fans, he doesn't want them to get their own fan base.

You go.

Edited by SammyDavis

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Adam Gill

I only have a couple . . .

I enjoy Extreme Expose each week.

I think that Michael Cole is actually a good announcer.

-- CM Punk is overrated garbage and his fanbase is merely an internet bandwagon that will slowly die out soon enough

--

Big Daddy V

is everything that makes pro wrestling so much fun. A big scary guy kicking ass. Pure old school fun

-- Smarks piss me off. If there aren't a million German suplexes, they can't enjoy wrestling. If a man happens to be fat or tall, he has to be crap. Wrestling is tonnes of fun if you escape this deluded mindset of "more moves = better wrestler". I sometimes wonder how much people actually know about wrestling

-- Smarks piss me off. If there aren't a million German suplexes, they can't enjoy wrestling. If a man happens to be fat or tall, he has to be crap. Wrestling is tonnes of fun if you escape this deluded mindset of "more moves = better wrestler". I sometimes wonder how much people actually know about wrestling

Its true, its like people who cant enjoy pop music because its not 'real' enough for them. I hate the snobs into rock who think that if the band didnt write their own music, or if they band/group are manufactured it isnt worthy of any status in their eyes.

Its a buisness people, its about making money!

Sorry, just had a talk about this yesterday with some mates. :P

edit: that was a bit off topic, but essentially I was agreeing with Dra.

Edited by Paul

I was agreeing with you Dra, looking back I see it looked like a critisism at you, wasnt meant to be.

Hell, I love technical wrestling but have agreed on record (well, a podcasty type thing) that Cena is great and a guy to watch.

Guest The Beltster
If there aren't a million German suplexes, they can't enjoy wrestling. Wrestling is tonnes of fun if you escape this deluded mindset of "more moves = better wrestler". I sometimes wonder how much people actually know about wrestling
Agreed 100%. A glowing, unintentional defence for Hulk Hogan. I owe you a coke.

- Ric Flair is rediculously overrated.

- Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels always (and in HBK's case, still) feel like midcarders.

- Rougeau Brothers theme music owns.

Guest Christof

Duke the Dumpster Droese never got the push he deserved.

Wrestlemania IX wasn't so bad

I'm a closet wrestling fan and hate open wrestling fans (sod the mark / smark business)

Agreed 100%. A glowing, unintentional defence for Hulk Hogan. I owe you a coke.

It defends almost every big name. Hogan, Cena, Warrior, Rock, Foley, etc. It's just that people don't know what they're looking for. The same people who praise The Rock never give Cena the credit he deserves. I can't stand Hogan but I appreciate everything he does. Ditto Warrior, surprisingly, and he did far less than Hogan did.

I just get annoyed that people are starting to come up with really bad arguments such as "Make CM Punk world champion, he's a great wrestler". Well no, he isn't. He has decent workrate but he has a midcard look, no grasp of how to work a big time main event match (he just about makes a good midcard match) and his promos are average. But no, apparently Punk should be in the position Cena in in when Cena is INFINITELY better for business, so much so that it's beyond a joke.

Wanting someone on top for selfish reasons is fine, but at least admit it. Don't sugarcoat it as "the fans want it and it's good for business".

Guest Chriscare

- ROH is just an overated Indy fed.

- CM Punk isn't crap, but nor is he great. He's extremly average in everyway.

- Johnny Nitro is the next Shawn Michaels, just wait and see.

- Disliking wrestlers due to their backstage politics or how they supposedly act backstage is rediculous, thats nothing to do with wrestling, it just other wrestlers opinion adopted by "fans".

- I struggle to enjoy TNA and have since the Angle vs Joe feuds.

- It's not WWE's fault that Val Venis could never get over.

- I hate that our country is only represented by William Regal in WWE, his style of wrestling is so out dated and doesn't reflect on the talent of England, i look forward to seeing Chris Chaos (he was the champion of Scotland who MVP beat a few months ago) and Taylor Phoniex show a true reflection of modern english wrestling.

- ECW bores the hell out of me at the moment

Guest Laffy

I love Ric Flair, Finlay and Hornswoggle.

I think Eric Bischoff is great and want him to come back as a GM.

I used to think 3 minute warning were great and wanted to see the get gold..

I like Bad Blood 2004.

- I hate that our country is only represented by William Regal in WWE, his style of wrestling is so out dated and doesn't reflect on the talent of England, i look forward to seeing Chris Chaos (he was the champion of Scotland who MVP beat a few months ago) and Taylor Phoniex show a true reflection of modern english wrestling.
How can you forget Dave Taylor and The Highlanders? Shame on you.

Seriously, I'm hoping Burchill is recalled soon, and I can't wait for Drew Galloway (who is 0-2 against me, lol), who (if allowed) could be a huge star. He has the size, look, physique and verbal skills to make it to at least the top of the WWE mid-card, which, for a UK talent, is damn impressive.

As for myself....

I still can't get enough of the original ECW.

I enjoy watching Mark Henry and Khali.

I still think Doink (Matt Borne edition) gets a raw deal.

I miss Blitzkrieg.

I enjoyed both Justin Credible and Steve Corino's runs as ECW Champion.

Mike Awesome was the best ECW Champion in the history of the company.

I enjoy watching 3PW and IWA: PR on TWC.

I haven't watched a wrestling show with my full attention in at least a month. I seem to be more interested with the internet, manga, or my "new to me" PS2. I blame the sagging industry.

Its true, its like people who cant enjoy pop music because its not 'real' enough for them. I hate the snobs into rock who think that if the band didnt write their own music, or if they band/group are manufactured it isnt worthy of any status in their eyes.

Its a buisness people, its about making money!

Sorry, just had a talk about this yesterday with some mates. :P

edit: that was a bit off topic, but essentially I was agreeing with Dra.

Music itself is not a business!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to take this off topic, but... music was originally and in a few places still is today an honest and beautiful expression of one's own soul through specific mediums, in a rhythm and tune that could be followed by others. Music is a majick that converges souls, raises conciousness, and unleashes something beautiful into existence. Most of the crap spewed today is a vague facsimile of music, watered down, broken apoart and rearranged to make money by people who can only recognize industry trends and neither talent nor beauty! And that's Twig's honest truth. I can listen to a pop song and appreciate a bass line or melody, but that doesn't mean that the hot chick placed at the front of it all deserves any of the credit for it.

Edited by Twig

Guest Marshall Mac D

I like watching mark henry i don't know why.

iv never liked sting he bore's me back then he bore's me now.

i liked buff bagwell's wcw entrance theme tune and some time danced to it.

Im a big fan of paul burchill and want him to go far in the wwe i think he can do it.

stoped watching tna when it finally came on channel i could watch because i was dissapointed in its product.

Edited by Marshall Mac D

I haven't followed Kurt Angles heel turn..... at all.

Nothing in and of itself is a buisness.

Well that was a much lamer reply than I was expecting upon seeing you replied.... :P You did, however say that music was a business. One would reasonably assume that you meant the current industry, but that still doesn't make it right, or any less of a barstewardized version of a glorious, beautiful, silly art.