Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Hall of Fame 2008

Guest The Great Ahmar

Guest The Great Ahmar

So, the usually 'Who do you think will be in the HOF next year' Thread. But with a little twist, who do you want in the HOF next year?

Midnight Express with Jim Cornette - I want Bobby Eaton(:worship:worship:worship) Stan Lane and Dennis Condrey of the Midnight Express in the HOF. Randy Rose, Bob Holly and Bart Gunn can go and **** themselves. They were a Excellent tag team, I always found Lane/Eaton the better of the two teams. Bobby Eaton deserves to be in the HOF for being a bigish man who flew and it kind of allowed other guys his size to try stuff. It was at the time like, WOW, as no one apart of the Japanese or Mexican guys really flew as much in a match as he did. Best he was excellent on the mat. He sucked on the mic when ever he spoke, but so what Bobby Eaton = Legend in my eyes. Cornette was one of the best managers of all time, if the Midnight Express do get induced this year it'll be a shame Cornette won't get in too because of working with TNA.

Barry Windham - One of the best workers in his prime, just was great!

Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard. I'd put them in separately but they'll most probably be put in as the Brian Busters. Arn was... THE man as far I as I say. His match with Bobby Eaton at Superbrawl 1 for the TV title (Which Eaton won) is one of my all time favourites. Tully was another excellent wrestler.

Demolition - This was a rip-off that was done good unlike many others. Their Promos always entertained me more than LOD's (Barring the "Tell 'em Hawk... WELL! part) They had fantastic matches with The Harts and LOD.

Ted Dibaise - The Million Dollar man was so, so good at everything, he is the most likely to be inducted out of the lot in my post.

Ric Flair - Does this really need any explaining? Flair was one of the greatest of all time...END of!

Do you see any sort of link in that post? If not, I kind of went for a 80's/Horsemen theme which WWE tend to do (Theme's that is) as far as the HOF is concerned.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Flair was supposed to headline next years HOF so maybe it'll be him.

Seeeing as HOF is in florida next year,i know it's a long shot but The Rock?

Even though i can't see it happening (if rumours are true),Randy Savage?

What big name 80's to 90's star could headline besides Flair?

Ron Simmons?

Maybe they should move on to the 90's-Austin,Owen Hart,Pillman,Davey Boy,HBK,Rock and others are all eligible candidates to be inducted.

Guest dpddave

I honestly dont think the bulldog,pillman or Owen Hart ever did enough to be inducted.

I think flair is a cert next year though.

Definetly Ric Flair, although (as far as WWE is concerned) nothing is set in stone, I would vote and predict that he will be a shoe in for the HOF in 2008.

I don't know if it really means anything if Davey Boy, Owen, or Pillman didn't really acheive high levels of success. I mean, WWE inducted Pete Rose and William Perry, they've had very limited involvement in the WWE.

In any case, here is my list for who I want or who I think will be inducted in 2008:

Ric Flair- In addition to what I mentioned above, Flair is one of the biggest legends this business has seen. He's a 16-Time World Champion (despite the ever frequent confusion of what title reigns are considered real by WWE) and one of the greatest things to come out of the NWA, not to mention Charlotte.

Ted DiBiase- Long overdue for the "Million-Dollar Man" to be inducted, in my opinion.

Mike "I.R.S." Rotunda- if DiBiase is inducted, then it would make sens that Rotunda would be inducted as well, even though I think Rotunda would be inducted with or without DiBiase.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan- I think it's a real longshot that Duggan will be inducted, but I figured I'd throw it in as a possibility.

Ron "Faarooq" Simmons- I think WWE look for wrestlers for the HOF who they believe will very rarely wrestle or never wrestle again and I honestly question whether Simmons wrestling career is over. I just don't see him getting inducted yet. I think it's obvious who would induct him though- JBL.

Michael Hayes- I think it's safe to say that the "Freebird" isn't going to fly anymore in regards to in-ring competition. While Hayes is another longshot, he might be more of an option than Duggan.

Arn Anderson- This is one I believe to be a very strong possibility. It would make sense to have Arn and Flair inducted on the same night, apart from the fact that Arn should be in the HOF.

Gerald Brisco- Patterson is in, why not Brisco?

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat- Another strong possibility.

Tony Garea

"Dr. Death" Steve Williams- Another longshot.

Dean Malenko- An extremely long longshot.

Howard Finkel- Probably one of the loyalest WWE employees.

Guest Gooneronastick

I like the ME idea with Cornette but it won't happen while Jimbo is working for TNA.

The Horsemen have to go in this year with JJ Dillon. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson and Tully Blanchard as a group. THE original Horsemen.

Steamboat should really go in this year.

DiBiase and Rotunda as Money Inc would be cool.

Big Bossman and Slick would also be a good thing to see.

You know what, they should open different "wings" in the hall of fame, and maybe have one inductee each year for a particular one, a bit like they did with the celebrities - pete rose.

That way its a bit more structured, and guys like Larry The Ax could be moved into a AWA wing, a NWA wing with the Horsemen going in, and maybe a ECW wing with Terry Funk.

As for this year, i see Flair getting inducted, alongside Arn Anderson, maybe The Road Warriors? The past couple of years they seem to have had this Tag Team induction thing going so they would be ideal.

Guest MastersGonads

I think Flair and Arn Anderson are certs for this year....

As an outsider, I wouldnt be suprised to see Stu Hart get a post humous induction....

Edited by MastersGonads

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Ric Flair,Tully Blanchard,Arn Anderson,Ole Anderson and JJ Dillon

The original Four Horsemen being inducted together,that'd be very cool!

Terry Funk

Hardcore icon and someone I admire for his work rate and willingless to help put over the younger generation.

The Road Warriors

My favourite tag team of all time simply because they were straight-up ass kicking guys who had an awesome look and the best finisher in tag history,the classic doomsday device!

Edited by DarkMatchJobber

• 5 weeks later...
Guest mrkennedy
Its ridiculous that the Macho Man has not already been put in the hall of fame. I reckon DiBiase and I.R.S will definetly be there next year. What about the Bossman is he in the hall of fame or Tito Santana or Rick Martell?

Guest The Beltster

With Steamboat being under contract, I can see him going in. Flair is apparently the main guy next year due to his supposed retirement at WM24. Arn should go in, DiBiase too.

I'd like to see Rick Rude get in there and Demolition, along with Rick Martel.

Guest MojoPogo
I think the four horsemen are a shoe in but Rick Rude would be a welcome addition definitely, i'd like to see Paul Bearer in there too. I loved Paul Bearer.

If it's a 4 Horseman Special (much like the HoF where Hogan was inducted revolved around him), then maybe Paul Roma will get inducted. Heck, maybe every member of The Horsemen ever (not under contract to TNA) will get inducted.

If it's a 4 Horseman Special (much like the HoF where Hogan was inducted revolved around him), then maybe Paul Roma will get inducted. Heck, maybe every member of The Horsemen ever (not under contract to TNA) will get inducted.

Which would have to include Chris Benoit then. (Not to mention that football guy whose name I forget.)

Which would have to include Chris Benoit then. (Not to mention that football guy whose name I forget.)
Steve McMichael. It wouldn't include Chris Benoit, because Chris Benoit doesn't exist anymore in Vince's mind.

Steve McMichael. It wouldn't include Chris Benoit, because Chris Benoit doesn't exist anymore in Vince's mind.

But he was a 4 horseman and if they include them all as you suggested...

...Actually Vince would probably pretend he was never in the group.

But he was a 4 horseman and if they include them all as you suggested...

...Actually Vince would probably pretend he was never in the group.

Shucks....you caught me out, well done Kurtmark. You may print this page off, frame it and place it on your bedroom wall to cheer you up when life gets you down.:lol

Guest jim vs shark
Even though i can't see it happening (if rumours are true),Randy Savage?

i think randy savage left on bad terms with the wwe, to date he's one of the few stars of that era that hasn't been signed to the jakks pacific legends deal, and even the ultimate warrior has been signed to that. If he did it would most certainly be a surprise

and ric flair you can't be sure of, he's set to win the belt at wrestlemania this year and then retire, so if he did i wouldnt be surprised