TPIB

RAW, SmackDown!, & ECW Present:

WWE

Unforgiven

LIVE, Sep. 16 from the FedEx Forum in Memphis, TN

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4673/unf300x450ql1.jpg

Match Results

ECW Championship:

CM Punk © def. Elijah Burke by roll-up to retain.

WWE Tag Team Championship:

MVP & Matt Hardy © def. Deuce N' Domino by Matt Hardy pinning Deuce following the Twist of Fate to retain.

No DQ for Carlito Only:

Triple H def. Carlito by pin following the Pedigree.

Women's Championship:

Candice © def. Beth Phoenix by roll-up to retain.

World Heavyweight Championship: Triple Threat:

Batista def. The Great Khali © & Rey Mysterio by pinning The Great Khali following a spinebuster to win his third World Heavweight Title.

World Tag Team Championship:

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch © def. Paul London & Brian Kendrick by Trevor Murdoch pinning Brian Kendrick following a sitdown spinebuster by Lance Cade to retain.

WWE Championship: SummerSlam Rematch:

Randy Orton def. John Cena © by DQ; John Cena retains.

The Undertaker def. Mark Henry by pin following the Last Ride from the top rope.

For those who care, Memphis is the hometown of Jerry "The King" Lawler and Kevin Thorn.

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who care, Memphis is the hometown of Kevin Thorn.

I care, Power Guy. I care.

So, fantasy booking/match speculation and whatnot?

Taker vs. Henry

Orton vs. Cena II

Batista vs. Khali II - PUNJABI PRISON MATCH OF DOOM~! That should make the interwebnet explode with rage filled vengeance.

MVP vs. Matt Hardy

Raw spoilers (I have no idea if Raw is still counted as spoilers but whatever):

Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy after the Umaga heel turn. Probably Last Man Standing or something just so Umaga can lose without being pinned. I haterise Jeff Hardy but he has some great chemistry with Umaga so I'd be all for a match between the two with bells and whistles thrown in.

Probably CM Punk vs. Morrison. Again. Just to kill the crowd. Again.

Edited by Naitch

Guest Ro_y Disco

Although many people in the Summerslam thread are saying WWE has backed themselves into a corner for future storylines with the way the PPV was booked, I think there's still a lot of potential for Unforgiven. I can see a lot of matches being re-works of Summerslam matches and continuations of feuds. Here's my predictions/dream matches for the show:

RAW

Intercontinental Championship match

Jeff Hardy vs Umaga- this one seems obvious now Jeff has returned and will hopefully see him finally recapture the belt.

Women's Championship match

Melina vs Beth Phoenix- with Beth as the #1 contender, this seems an obvious and easy match to build up for the PPV.

WWE Championship match

John Cena vs ? - a re-match with Orton is a possibility. Personally, I'd love to see the return of the Elimination Chamber pitting Cena vs Orton vs Booker T vs Triple H vs Carlito vs Kennedy.

Although it would probably do more harm than good in the long run, it has four advantages: 1. it sets up an easy re-match with Orton in 2. it maintains Triple H's position in the main-event 3. it helps add weight to Carlito and Kennedy, who can then challenge Cena at a later date, looking more like stars 4. if they were to have Cena drop his title, he could do it in a way where he "didn't really loose properly" due to the 4:2 heel:face ratio.

SmackDown!

Undertaker vs Mark Henry seems the only way to go for the Deadman's return.

World Heavyweight Championship

The Great Khali vs Batista- after their last match, a re-match seems the only way to go, with the possibility of a stipulation making it more watchable and logical after the SS finish.

Rey Mysterio vs ? - his feud with Chavo seems to be done. Maybe a Cruiserweight title match vs Hornswoggle?

ECW

ECW World Championship match

John Morrison vs CM Punk- again, with the SS finish, a re-match is all but inevitable. Hopefully under Extreme Rules!

Guest Cathal
Women's Championship match

Melina vs Beth Phoenix- with Beth as the #1 contender, this seems an obvious and easy match to build up for the PPV.

Except that Candice is the champ,not Melina.

Except that Candice is the champ,not Melina.

Maybe it's wishful thinking. Anyways, here are my ideal and/or predicted matches for Unforgiven:

WWE Championship:

John Cena © Vs. Randy Orton

I fully expect this rematch to happen and I expect Orton to win. I also would like to see an Elimination Chamber Match, but I don't see anything more than a Triple Threat Match happening (if it does happen then Trips would be the third man).

World Championship: No DQ:

Khali © Vs. Batista

I see some sort of gimmick rematch here. I'm not sure what kind it would be, but it wil certainly have a No Disqualification stipulation.

ECW Championship: Extreme Rules:

John Morrison © Vs. CM Punk

I see this (and hope that it is) as the last match between Punk and Morrison and I see Punk walking out with the title.

Undertaker Vs. Mark Henry

Not only will Unforgiven mark the return of The Undertaker (or mark the return of Mark, if you will), but from what I've read, it will be Henry's last WWE match.

Intercontinental Championship:

Umaga © Vs. Jeff Hardy

I see Jeff as the one to take the IC Title off of Umaga. I think a Last Man Standing match or something similar is a definite possibility.

United States Championship:

MVP © Vs. Matt Hardy

I predicted it for either Vengeance or GAB (I can't recall which), but I think that The Hardys will both win championships at Unforgiven. This long awaited title match should be good, but I see Matt emerging as the new champion. WWE seems a little weary of using MVP in a match, so if that is still the case come September 16, then that's even more reason for Matt to win the U.S. Title.

Women's Championship:

Candice © Vs. Beth Phoenix

I realize that this is the fifth time I predicted a new champion for a title match, but I believe we will see at least two new champions. In any case, I think Phoenix will win the Women's Title.

Cade & Murdoch © Vs. Cryme Tyme

If this match happens at Unforgiven, then I see CT winning the titles.

Deuce N' Domino © Vs. Jesse & Festus

I don't find this match to be likely, but I put it as a possibility.

I imagine some grudge matches will be added too.

Maybe it's wishful thinking. Anyways, here are my ideal and/or predicted matches for Unforgiven:

WWE Championship:

John Cena © Vs. Randy Orton

I fully expect this rematch to happen and I expect Orton to win. I also would like to see an Elimination Chamber Match, but I don't see anything more than a Triple Threat Match happening (if it does happen then Trips would be the third man).

World Championship: No DQ:

Khali © Vs. Batista

I see some sort of gimmick rematch here. I'm not sure what kind it would be, but it wil certainly have a No Disqualification stipulation.

ECW Championship: Extreme Rules:

John Morrison © Vs. CM Punk

I see this (and hope that it is) as the last match between Punk and Morrison and I see Punk walking out with the title.

Undertaker Vs. Mark Henry

Not only will Unforgiven mark the return of The Undertaker (or mark the return of Mark, if you will), but from what I've read, it will be Henry's last WWE match.

Intercontinental Championship:

Umaga © Vs. Jeff Hardy

I see Jeff as the one to take the IC Title off of Umaga. I think a Last Man Standing match or something similar is a definite possibility.

United States Championship:

MVP © Vs. Matt Hardy

I predicted it for either Vengeance or GAB (I can't recall which), but I think that The Hardys will both win championships at Unforgiven. This long awaited title match should be good, but I see Matt emerging as the new champion. WWE seems a little weary of using MVP in a match, so if that is still the case come September 16, then that's even more reason for Matt to win the U.S. Title.

Women's Championship:

Candice © Vs. Beth Phoenix

I realize that this is the fifth time I predicted a new champion for a title match, but I believe we will see at least two new champions. In any case, I think Phoenix will win the Women's Title.

Cade & Murdoch © Vs. Cryme Tyme

If this match happens at Unforgiven, then I see CT winning the titles.

Deuce N' Domino © Vs. Jesse & Festus

I don't find this match to be likely, but I put it as a possibility.

I imagine some grudge matches will be added too.

You've listed nine matches and think there are still more to come?

Guest John Hancock

Undertaker's big returns are always fun.

It's pretty much a dead cert. that Cena's dropping the title, which should be enjoyable just for a bit of a change. I hope it's a really pro-Cena crowd just becuase huge audience mark outs are what make shows awesome. I'm expecting a super-cool-out-of-the-blue RKO to finish.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Orton V Cena should be a gimmick match, it now has the right reason to be in a "feud blow-off, bloody" match. I'm hoping they whip out the Hell in a Cell.

Guest Danny Styles

It's pretty much a dead cert. that Cena's dropping the title,

We said that about Summerslam but WWE swerved us (not a Russo type swerve, one i actualyl didn't see coming)- but yeh i think Orton will bring home the gold

Guest John Hancock
We said that about Summerslam but WWE swerved us (not a Russo type swerve, one i actualyl didn't see coming)- but yeh i think Orton will bring home the gold

Yeah, I was thinking a title drop at Summerslam, untill the end of RAW the week before. It's the old face gets beaten down, so he can't loose rule.

I don't see how they can possibly keep the belt on one guy for over a year though. Orton seems to be the only guy left, if he doesn't win it, something ridiculous has happened.

A Russo swerve could brighten us all up. Ron Simmon's Mum for champion.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest MojoPogo
Yeah, I was thinking a title drop at Summerslam, untill the end of RAW the week before. It's the old face gets beaten down, so he can't loose rule.

I don't see how they can possibly keep the belt on one guy for over a year though. Orton seems to be the only guy left, if he doesn't win it, something ridiculous has happened.

A Russo swerve could brighten us all up. Ron Simmon's Mum for champion.

Mam!:lol

Guest bigmatt

The awaited return of the Undertaker,means I will definetly watch this.I expect a gimmick match with Mark Henry to end his career.There is speculation about Undertaker's ability to do the tombstone.He probably wouldnt do it to Henry anyway due to the size of him.I know he's done it before to Henry and other Huge opponents but its unlikely due to it being his first match back.

dark match main event:

A commercial aired in the Indianapolis, Indiana market last night during the airing of ECW on Sci Fi for the upcoming SmackDown/ECW tapings in the city on Tuesday, September 25th. The commercial promoted a special dark match main event featuring Batista & Undertaker vs. WWE World Champion The Great Khali & Mark Henry. This will be after the Unforgiven pay-per-view.
Source: WrestlingObserver Edited by bigmatt

The awaited return of the Undertaker,means I will definetly watch this.I expect a gimmick match with Mark Henry to end his career.There is speculation about Undertaker's ability to do the tombstone.He probably wouldnt do it to Henry anyway due to the size of him.I know he's done it before to Henry and other Huge opponents but its unlikely due to it being his first match back.

dark match main event:

Source: WrestlingObserver

Mark Henry signed a new contract according to reports. So this most likely won't be his last match.

Guest John Hancock
The awaited return of the Undertaker,means I will definetly watch this.I expect a gimmick match

My money's on a buried alive match due to all this lark with sand and rising from the dead. That way Taker won't have to lift Mark up all that much as they can just brawl around hardcore stylee.

Guest bigmatt
Mark Henry signed a new contract according to reports. So this most likely won't be his last match.

yeah I heard this but haven't seen it confirmed officially.Untill this I am doubtful because of the reported serious heat for his steroid/drug comments.

yeah I heard this but haven't seen it confirmed officially.Untill this I am doubtful because of the reported serious heat for his steroid/drug comments.
I'd imagine they'd want to keep him around seeing as how he's probably the cleanest on the roster AND he's a former Olympian (which is probably the most rigorous drug-testing around).