Fan Clubs | beta

Just bought a DS Lite

Guest Reno

DS Games?

I bought a Nintendo DS lite yesterday, as I regretted selling my old DS a while ago. But I'm not sure which games to get now. I am not getting Mario DS and Warioware again.

Right now I have Resident Evil, Animal Crossing and New Super Mario Bros.

What other games would you guy reccomend getting?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest big pau hoolinator
Only games that I really play any more on my DS are Tetris and Monkeyball they are perhaps not the best but they are both very entertaining and addictive

Guest Clarkey

Elite Beat Agents is finally getting released here soon. Basically Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 1.5. It's been out in the States for an age as I imported it the week of it's release there. Well worth a look. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, and it's recently released sequel over in Japan are worth a look too.

Animal Crossing: Wild World is great. Kirby Power Paintbrush is under rated, and awesome.

Don't get Sonic, it gives me a headache and gets me very tense... The brain type games are quite good though. I like Happy Feet, it's astonishingly easy, which I need.

Hang on, let me holler upstairs and get 2 more opinions...I've been told Pirates Of The Caribbean (both of them), Lego Star Wars, Mario Kart.

Guest MojoPogo
Final Fantasy 3. Best RPG i've played this year. The jobs system rules. Also i enjoy Lunar Knights........nice little hack n slash with some awesome cutscenes.....

I played the new Castlevania on my brother's DS on a roadtrip for about an hour, and while it's nothing exceptional it's a very solid game. Worth a purchase in my book. I like the gaining fallen enemies powers thing.

Guest Dave7g

Castlevania is fairly good alright, not the best ever, but not bad. I'm bored with Animal Crossing now, there's just nothing to do anymore :(

Get Hotel Dusk now!

Puzzle Quest (if you can find it,demo available on the PC, google it)

Cooking Mama/Wario ware ( similar games so one or the other)

Mario Kart (nothing else needed to say Mario kart racing online!!! )

42 all time classics ( Very very much fun, and play over the interweb)

Big brain academy (personaly i prefer this to Brian training, but similar)

Nintendogs (more fun than you would think)

Coming soon Pokemon :)

Probably others as well , its early and my brain isnt awake yet.

• 2 months later...
Guest The Beltster

My son has been keeping on for AGES wanting one of these things, and I saw an advert for the New Super Mario Bros game on TV so I thought I'd grab one for him and have a go myself as the game looks awesome.

Anyways, I get home and he is playing on it, and I had a quick go, long story short I rushed back in town and grabbed another DS Lite for myself, its f'n sweeeeeeeeet!

Now, we have a DS Lite each, and one game :lol Sooooooo I need suggestions, what'll it be? Whats hot, and whats nizot?!

My son has been keeping on for AGES wanting one of these things, and I saw an advert for the New Super Mario Bros game on TV so I thought I'd grab one for him and have a go myself as the game looks awesome.

Anyways, I get home and he is playing on it, and I had a quick go, long story short I rushed back in town and grabbed another DS Lite for myself, its f'n sweeeeeeeeet!

Now, we have a DS Lite each, and one game :lol Sooooooo I need suggestions, what'll it be? Whats hot, and whats nizot?!

Hot = DS Lite + Brain Train

Not hot = using the phrase "nizot"

Guest The Joker

New Super Mario Bros is an excellent game, Its easy to master. Just dont play the card mini games as they never seem to end...

You can play GBA games on the DS Lite too, but its a waste of time and money. You should just buy DS games. As there should be some good ones out there for you to discover.

The only problem with mine, is that its Pink.

Guest Clarkey

Too many good titles on the DS. Can't go wrong with the Phoenix Wright series. Kirby Power Paintbrush, Animal Crossing, Elite Beat Agents, Metriod Prime Hunters, Trauma Center...just too many to name. Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass is looking very, very good and is due soonish, I'm sure we had a really good suggestions thread here somewhere else as well. I'll go hunting.

Edit: I've combined the two, as we are building a pretty hefty list of decent DS titles now.

Edited by Clarkey

Guest ahsatan
Seeing as you both have one, Animal Crossing may be a good title for you. You'd need two copies, but you could visit each others towns and things. Your son might like that.