Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Best of WCW

Guest Laffy

I want to learn more about WCW as I have seen next to nothing about WCW what matches would you suggest I look at and what fueds would you recommend I look out for?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Franchise

If we are talking about the old WCW

For starters back then the tag team division was pretty solid. Back then the Steiner Bros. was truly tested by teams like The Nasty Boys & Doom. In singles Big Van Vader used to crunch opponents the way the WWE tries to portray guys like The Great Khali.:info7:

Guest The Great Ahmar
I'd avoid anything post 1998 that doesn't include Benoit, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho or The Light Heavyweights i.e Eddie, Dean Malenko, Rey. Mid 96 to end of 97 was WCW's hottest periods. 1997 has the best built up match in WCW history (In the end the ruined it!) Early WCW/NWA stuff is good stuff till the time Flair left. Avoid The Great American Bash 1991 like the plague, the worst PPV I've ever seen not a single saving grace on that show. 1992 was decent enough. 1994 to 96 is a bit iffy as Hogan and chums take over WCW.

I would recommend checking out the NWA first which later became WCW which has classic shows and matches.

I would recommend,

:The Great Ameerican Bash 1986/87- First War Games Match Ever

:Starrcade 1987 First NWA PPV

:Wrestler War 1989/1990

:Chi Town Rumble 1989

War Games 1992 is a pretty good PPV because of the main event. Spring Stampede 1999 was probably the last good PPV WCW put on. Generally anything with Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair matches would be good to pick up. Also, it is widely considered by many as a crap time for WCW, the period of 1991 - 1994 is one of my favorite WCW period because of the likes of Flair, Sting, Steamboat, Rick Rude and Vader.

Also, it is widely considered by many as a crap time for WCW, the period of 1991 - 1994 is one of my favorite WCW period because of the likes of Flair, Sting, Steamboat, Rick Rude and Vader.

Agreed. 1990/91 or so they started trying to be too much like WWF rather than being the alternative. I think the reason why a lot of people consider it to be a bad period is because of stuff like Cactus Jack has amnesia, the midget thing, White Castle of Fear, SID in flip flops on a beach, Spin the Wheel Make the Deal and whatnot. WCW was seemingly using $100 notes to wipe their arse with in this period judging from the alleged insane amounts of money they spent on some of that rubbish. But the roster of talent and the match quality, 91 until I guess, Hogan came in was fantastically good. Late 91 through, especially when the Dangerous Alliance were on top, the roster was crammed top to bottom full of guys who could bring the goods. Dangerous Alliance guys, Sting, Vader, Pillman, Windham, Dustin Rhodes, Steamboat, Gordy/Williams for a time, Cactus Jack, Regal when he came in, Steiners, Flair when he returned and so on. Made some ball kickingly stupid mistakes but some of the shows are great.

P. S. Get anything involving Sting vs. Vader. They wrestled each other a billion and one times over a 2 year period and never once had a bad match.

The late 80s WCW was awesome. Sting, Flair, muta, luger-all in the one show. I got future shock on video and i still love the show.

Early 90's had its moments like giant gonzales vs sid vicious in a strecher match i think (seeing gonzales hand next to the announcers head freaked me out on how big that guy was) WCW then also had its gimmicks matches like the chamber of horrors. Some classic stuff with sting, vader, luger, rhodes, muta, barry windham,steiner brothers. The list goes on.

But for my generation the best thing for WCW was without a shadow of a doubt NWO. One of the greatest angles in modern day wrestling history. If it wasn't for that angle, WCW wouldn't have been elevated so high up that it was at that time. It made Hogan a top draw again and WCW as a even bigger competitor against wwe.

WCW had a roster that could bring the quality. Just a shame in the end the quality died and the product was bought over.

To echo Dan and Naitch, there was something brilliant about early 90's WCW. Steamboat, Sting, Alliance, Vader, Pillman, Flair, various others, having brilliant matches.

A lot of the best ones you can find on youtube also.

96-98 WCW was brilliant as well, some fantastic cruiserweight matches, with guys like Benoit, Raven, DDP, Savage and so on having some corkers also.

When WCW was good it was fantastic, its the place to see the likes of Vader, Pillman, Steamboat, Terry Funk, Flair, Rude, Mysterio etc are all their finest.

does anyone have any LINKS to full wcw shows, because i look on youtube and dailymotion and dont find any
Look harder.

Or go through the video link thread that's in the US Forum. There's plenty of videos from WCW in there.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Look harder.

Or go through the video link thread that's in the US Forum. There's plenty of videos from WCW in there.

That's too much hard work for him.

Guest The Great Ahmar
i believe that was an insult OMAR DAYS, are you aloud to insult people, are you higher up than everyone else?

Yes I'm the higher power.

IT WAS ME KAM, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

Guest alexmoss12
maybe what you said above should have been a private message, but don't bully other users who have only joined recently and aren't aware of everything that happens in the forums.

i believe that was an insult OMAR DAYS, are you aloud to insult people, are you higher up than everyone else?
Would you feel better if we whispered while we insulted you?

maybe what you said above should have been a private message, but don't bully other users who have only joined recently and aren't aware of everything that happens in the forums.
How can you not be aware of the video link thread? You've posted in it a few times.

Guest The Great Ahmar

Seriously now if I was bullying you which I'm not, I'd do it a bit better than what I'm saying at the moment. Learn to use grammar, use proper English and spell it right. You might be be more liked and even respected here. Most of us weren't the greatest posters when we first came, hell I was an awful poster, some of my older posts make me cringe that I typed that crap.

Also search the forum, that's rather ignorant to just post threads left, right and center and not take into consideration if someone else has posted it or there was another thread. I dunno what other forum's you use but here we don't have loads of threads on the same subject.

Not to sound like a mod but let's talk some old WCW here.

I sounded why to much like MrFill there, Let us never speak of this post again.

Edited by The Great Ahmar