Fan Clubs Community

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

DX or NWO?

Guest Laffy

Which do you prefer? DX or NWO? I'm talking about classic DX(Triple H, Chyna and HBK) and classic NWO(Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall). I personally preffer DX as have not seen much of the NWO's stuff. DX had the better talent. I also liked some of the angles DX brought. No doubt both stables were huge. Hulk Hogan turning heel for the first time in a long time. WWF provided so many new angles and feuds with DX. Undertaker vs. DX, Bret Hart vs. DX etc. They also had Chyna wrestle other male wrestlers. Whenever you saw DX, you had the feeling that anything could happen.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster

The nWo were better in their first year, but then it became filled with jobbers and nobodies. DX were crap with HBK, but once he left and it was HHH, Chyna, XPac and the NAO's, there were great.

Both has their moments, I cant really pick one over the other when it comes to who entertained me more, although I do think the nWo seemed like a more important and serious group whereas DX seemed like a comedy kinda thing.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest Notorious JTB

DX after HBK left were the best all my favorite wrestlers at the time except X pac!!!

nWo was good but so many members and so it was just stupid after a while

Guest DarkMatchJobber

The NWO because their ambitions exceeded playing childish pranks on their fellow superstars and pointing at their crotches,they wanted to take over WCW.

Also Hogan,Hall and Nash were the main reason WCW trounced the WWF in ratings for eighty-odd weeks in a row.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
The nWo did those things too.

Eh,but still the point about ambition holds strong.

Put it this way,the NWO targeted the cream of the crop straight away in WCW whereas DX toiled in upper mid-card most of the time.

Guest The Franchise

Even

The NWO's 1st year? Priceless. DX's 1st year? Was cool. NWO's 2nd year? Boring. DX's 2nd year? Much better.

Overall:The NWO had the stars

DX:Was more entertaining to watch

Best catchphases:

"NWO 4-life" "The NWO is just too sweeettt!"

"Ladies & Gentlemen, boys & girls, children of all ages, Degeneration X proudly brings to you the next tag team champions of the WORRRRRLLLLD, The RoadDogg Jesse James & the Bad Ass Billy Gunn; The New Age Outlaws!" "Are you ready!?!" "Then, for the thousands in attentence, and the millions watching at home, LLLEEEEEEETTTTSSSSSSS Get ready to suck it!!!!"

:info7:

Guest alexmoss12
I can't choose here because have seen next to nothing on both groups, but I'm going for nWo because they changed wrestling forever the most.

Guest Chriscare

I never like the "lets get ready to suck it" followed by "we got too words for you, suck it" Using suck it twice just sounds stupid, Therefore, nWo plus they're logo was cooler. I make descions on trivial things.

Also nWo was THE reason to watch WCW, DX was never a reason to watch, it was Austin/McMahon, DX was just a bonus

Guest SuperKick Kid

DX with HBK ruled, I have no idea why you people are so down on it.

When HHH ran DX, he turned it into a comedy group.

When HBK ran DX, it was all about Anti-Authority and Being Obnoxious and that was better in my opinion than some NOD or Corporation skit.

The original DX was awesome because it really was a great heel faction.

With HHH at the helm, DX got turned face.

With HBK, they were truly hated heels.

Guest Slim Jim
DX's best stuff was post HBK. The stuff before was good, but with the Outlaws, the faction feuds and the invasion of WCW the DX Army is prime.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Not sure overall who I liked better, both did at different times things I really enjoyed

NWO seemed to have more direction to me and with the members being Hogan, Nash and Hall they really seemed a massive deal where as I didn't gat that feeling so much with DX

When NWO started getting packed up with the whole midcard I started losing interest in them and moved more onto DX

At the time, when I was 11 or 12 or 10 or whatever, I chose DX (HHH X-Pac, NAO, Chyna version) over the nWo (with everybody in it), but just barely. Looking back now, with everything I know and a better appreciation for the industry, I take the nWo.

Guest The Beltster
DX with HBK ruled, I have no idea why you people are so down on it.

When HHH ran DX, he turned it into a comedy group.

When HBK ran DX, it was all about Anti-Authority and Being Obnoxious and that was better in my opinion than some NOD or Corporation skit.

The original DX was awesome because it really was a great heel faction.

With HHH at the helm, DX got turned face.

With HBK, they were truly hated heels.

Bro you would enjoy a faction called "Totally Sh*t" being comprised of Virgil, Firebreaker Chip, Pez Whatley and Duane Gill, as long as HBK was the leader, come on! :lol

DX werent hated when HBK was the leader, HBK was hated, the fans genuinly hated him not because he was a good heel, but because he was an arrogant, egotistical pr*ck in reality.

I liked DX with HBK, HHH and Rude etc, but it got alot better after HBK took off with the Outlaws and so on, IMO.

Guest SuperKick Kid
Bro you would enjoy a faction called "Totally Sh*t" being comprised of Virgil, Firebreaker Chip, Pez Whatley and Duane Gill, as long as HBK was the leader, come on! :lol

I wouldnt enjoy it, I'd enjoy HBK and I'd be wondering what the hell is was doing in such a shitty group.

And don't give me the "He'd love it if his favorite superstar was in it" crap.

The same sh*t applies to you Captain Hypocrite.

I get all this sh*t about how I'd love TNA if HBK was it in. That's just a bunch of crap. I'd probably want TNA to die faster just so HBK could return to WWE.

If the fans hated HBK such as you say they did, then it wouldn't be called X-Pac heat, it would be HBK Heat.

They hated HBK because he played an annoying, obnoxious, arrogant heel character and he was awesome at it.

If you say that they hated HBK because of how he was in real life, then how come they didn't hate him as a face?

Give me a break Beltmark.

We all have our favorites and we all like our favorites.

But God Dammit, I cant seem to have an opinion on this because I like HBK.

Well, then shove your opinion about the nWo because you like Hogan.

I liked more than just HBK in the original DX, I liked how HHH was second in command, I liked their chemistry as partners in crime, I liked how Chyna was the silent enforcer and how they constantly did things for shock value and to be annoying and obnoxious.

Beltmark, of all people, accusing me of favoritism.

Edited by SuperKick Kid

Guest The Beltster
I wouldnt enjoy it, I'd enjoy HBK and I'd be wondering what the hell is was doing in such a shitty group.

And don't give me the "He'd love it if his favorite superstar was in it" crap.

The same sh*t applies to you Captain Hypocrite.

I was kidding with you, so keep your arrogant comments to yourself!

As for being Captain Hypocrit, thats funny, surely I'd have picked the nWo over DX being that the centrepiece of the nWo was Hogan, but oh look, I didnt! I'll await your appology, shall I? :roll

If the fans hated HBK such as you say they did, then it wouldn't be called X-Pac heat, it would be HBK Heat.
How old were you at the time? About 6/7 years old?! Were you even watching then and if so, you were too young to know the ins and outs of the business, so please do us a favour and accept when you are being edgucated.

People HATED HBK, it wasnt because he was a good heel, it was because he was an assh*le. Because you are obviously in love with him doesnt mean you cant see his bad sides, surely?

They hated HBK because he played an annoying, obnoxious, arrogant heel character and he was awesome at it.
You havent got a clue. They hated him because of various things. The fact that all the backstage stuff on wrestling was becoming a prominent factor in peoples likes and dislikes concerning wrestlers made people realise what type of person HBK was. How he was an assh*ole backstage, how he refused to job to anybody, how he screwed with peoples pushes and held people back, how he got people fired, how he was completely messed up on drugs. They also hated him for the Bret Hart thing and how he would arrogantly say "I'm not laying down for anybody!" as if he was actually somebody important. Christ, here was a guy who never drew as champion, never helped the WWF financially and he is acting as if he is so important to the future of the company that he wont job to a soul. I guess Taker sorted that nonsense out pretty quick though, right?

If you say that they hated HBK because of how he was in real life, then how come they didn't hate him as a face?

Give me a break Beltmark.

We all have our favorites and we all like our favorites.

But God Dammit, I cant seem to have an opinion on this because I like HBK.

Well, then shove your opinion about the nWo because you like Hogan.

Because in 1996, the business was still kayfabes to the max, it was in mid to late 1997 that all the things backstage began to take center stage. Plus, they DID boo him as a face. He was booed vs Sid in MSG big time. He started hearing the boo's after he became the WWF champion, and thats when his attitude started to stink. The guy dropped more titles than anybody without ever getting in the ring because he was so damn selfish he refused to job, and people bash Hogan! Christ, at least he laid down!

And again, my opinion on the nWo was that I liked them equally to DX, so no favouritism from me.

I liked more than just HBK in the original DX, I liked how HHH was second in command, I liked their chemistry as partners in crime, I liked how Chyna was the silent enforcer and how they constantly did things for shock value and to be annoying and obnoxious.

Beltmark, of all people, accusing me of favoritism.

I was joking with you as I said, you simply got all wound up like a little brat because I obviously hit a nerve.

And again, at least I can see the bad points of my favourite guys and have no problems stating them. If HBK took a dump in the ring, you would call it a masterpiece!

Get over yourself, you are starting to act like your idol. :lol

Edited by The Beltster

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Time to bring peace back to the thread....:lol

I do think the WWE ruined the NWO intentionally because it was their hated rivals' biggest creation and Vince has never liked leaving something how it is instead of messing around with a successful formula.

If Hogan,Hall and Nash had been given a fair opportunity than WWE's NWO could easily have been a launchpad for many careers,it's not hard to imagine the likes of Mr Kennedy,Randy Orton or Edge being in the group and learning from three of the most over talents in the last decade.

Time to bring peace back to the thread....:lol

I do think the WWE ruined the NWO intentionally because it was their hated rivals' biggest creation and Vince has never liked leaving something how it is instead of messing around with a successful formula.

If Hogan,Hall and Nash had been given a fair opportunity than WWE's NWO could easily have been a launchpad for many careers,it's not hard to imagine the likes of Mr Kennedy,Randy Orton or Edge being in the group and learning from three of the most over talents in the last decade.

It was 6 years after their heyday though and all 3 of them were a lot worse for wear in various ways.

Vince didn't help but it was never going to be a success just because it was bringing something back which wasn't fresh and was just a re-tread.