Fan Clubs Community

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Ten years of HIAC

Guest Laffy

It's hard to believe, but this match has been around for ten years. Here is a list of the HIAC matches which is your favourite match and why.

1 In Your House: Badd Blood 1997: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

2 RAW (June 1998): Steve Austin & The Undertaker vs. Kane & Mankind

3 King of the Ring 1998: The Undertaker vs. Mankind

4 RAW (August 1998): Kane vs. Mankind

5 WrestleMania XV: The Undertaker vs. Big Boss Man

6 No Way Out 2000: Triple H vs. Cactus Jack

7 Armageddon 2000: Kurt Angle vs. The Rock vs. Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Rikishi

8 Judgment Day 2002: Chris Jericho vs. Triple H

9 No Mercy 2002: Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

10 Bad Blood 2003: Triple H vs. Kevin Nash

11 Bad Blood 2004: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

12 Vengeance 2005: Batista vs. Triple H

13 Armageddon 2005: The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

14 Unforgiven 2006: The McMahons & Big Show vs. D-Generation X

Summerslam 97, Taker vs. Hart, with HBK as the referee. HBK nails taker with the chair, and the rest is history. This was the birth of DX, the end of the Hart Foundation.

The Cell was introduced to keep DX out. At the end you get the introduction of Kane as a force in the WWF, and the final chapter of Bret Hart in the WWF begins as well.

What are your thoughts on this match? and any of the others.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

King of the Ring 1998: The Undertaker vs. Mankind

This is one of my fave matches ever and has my fave moments ever in it, Taker flinging Mankind from the top of the cell and him crashing down into the announce table, everything about that moment blew my mind, JR screaming "That killed him, By god that killed him!", Mankind laid out in the wreckage, Taker stood looking down at him from the top of the Cell

Then later on in the same match Mankind was choke slammed through the cell by Taker and I marked like a little bitch again

That match just left such a lasting impression on me

Guest MastersGonads
was there ok delete if there is.

I wasnt having a go btw...just I remembered something like it recently...

Though we could have 1 year since the Punjabi Prison Match ;)

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I'll never forget the first HIAC when Kane made his debut by ripping off the door,coming face to face with his brother Undertaker and then using the tombstone piledriver on him-a classic moment.

Incidentally does anyone think Kane will participate in a hell in a cell match this year to mark his ten year anniversary?

I'd mark out for Kane vs HBK vs Taker over the world title or wwe title.

I'd mark out for Kane vs HBK vs Taker over the world title or wwe title.

That would be a match to end all matches it would be great, I to would mark the F**k out if that happened.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
That would be a match to end all matches it would be great, I to would mark the F**k out if that happened.

Exactly,I'll say again I'd mark out like a Trekkie in Patrick Stewart's closet!

Kane would have to win though because he's put up with some awful booking lately and he deserves a moment in the bright lights without looking up at them.

It's hard to believe, but this match has been around for ten years. Here is a list of the HIAC matches which is your favourite match and why.

1 In Your House: Badd Blood 1997: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

2 RAW (June 1998): Steve Austin & The Undertaker vs. Kane & Mankind

3 King of the Ring 1998: The Undertaker vs. Mankind

4 RAW (August 1998): Kane vs. Mankind

5 WrestleMania XV: The Undertaker vs. Big Boss Man

6 No Way Out 2000: Triple H vs. Cactus Jack

7 Armageddon 2000: Kurt Angle vs. The Rock vs. Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Rikishi

8 Judgment Day 2002: Chris Jericho vs. Triple H

9 No Mercy 2002: Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

10 Bad Blood 2003: Triple H vs. Kevin Nash

11 Bad Blood 2004: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

12 Vengeance 2005: Batista vs. Triple H

13 Armageddon 2005: The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

14 Unforgiven 2006: The McMahons & Big Show vs. D-Generation X

Summerslam 97, Taker vs. Hart, with HBK as the referee. HBK nails taker with the chair, and the rest is history. This was the birth of DX, the end of the Hart Foundation.

The Cell was introduced to keep DX out. At the end you get the introduction of Kane as a force in the WWF, and the final chapter of Bret Hart in the WWF begins as well.

What are your thoughts on this match? and any of the others.

Not to be picky but I'm pretty sure the Hart Foundation were still alive and kicking come Survivor Series 97 time, after Taker and HBK's Epic.

Anyway for me the original is still the best by a mile. Honourable mentions to Taker/Foley and the six way at Armageddon, as they were also both excellent, for different reasons.

The Cell was introduced to keep DX out.
This isn't actually true. The HiaC was introduced after the match at Ground Zero between HBK and 'Taker. It was designed to stop HBK from running away from Undertaker like he did the previous month. Keeping out DX was just a bonus, seeing as how they didn't do much to interfere the previous month.

FYI - Brian Pillman died on the same day as the first HiaC match.

The first one isn't just good because it is the first one, it still holds up very well today even after all the ones that followed and if it took place tomorrow it'd still be a great match. Taker was at his most badass in that match stalking Michaels like a serial killer with Michaels playing the teenage girl (an even more feminine one than any of the girls in the films at that) to his babyface Michael Myers. Everyone wanted to see Michaels just die and he did to a large extent and STILL kept the belt, the little obnoxious son of a bitch. Probably both mens best ever performance actually.

The match has been diluted in recent years, before it was THE match and now it is met with a pretty average reaction when they announce it. Orton-Cena is crying out for a feud ender in the Cell though, I think they could pull something special out of it again.

Edited by Naitch

The first one isn't just good because it is the first one, it still holds up very well today even after all the ones that followed and if it took place tomorrow it'd still be a great match. Taker was at his most badass in that match stalking Michaels like a serial killer with Michaels playing the teenage girl (an even more feminine one than any of the girls in the films at that) to his babyface Michael Myers. Everyone wanted to see Michaels just die and he did to a large extent and STILL kept the belt, the little obnoxious son of a bitch. Probably both mens best ever performance actually.

The match has been diluted in recent years, before it was THE match and now it is met with a pretty average reaction when they announce it. Orton-Cena is crying out for a feud ender in the Cell though, I think they could pull something special out of it again.

That pretty much sums up anything I wanted to say. Nice idea to end Cena and Orton with a cell match too. We're due another one soon I would have thought?

We're due another one soon I would have thought?

Last one was the DX-Show/McMahons abortion from Unforgiven last year. Orton-Cena just really, really screams what the Cell should be for in the first place, hatred and blood.

Last one was the DX-Show/McMahons abortion from Unforgiven last year. Orton-Cena just really, really screams what the Cell should be for in the first place, hatred and blood.

You know what? I'd completely blanked that match out of my mind. Cheers for reminding me:sad:

If done right, I think Cena and Orton could have the 3rd best HIAC ever. (following on from Michaels/Taker, Mankind/Taker in that order.)

Oh, and staying on subject. What was everyone's favourite HIAC moment? (it doesn't necessarily mean it was your favourite match)

I'll leave someone else to say the obvious one, and I'll plump for Michaels wailing on the cameraman to get them to open the cell door. That was a great little spot.

I'll leave someone else to say the obvious one, and I'll plump for Michaels wailing on the cameraman to get them to open the cell door. That was a great little spot.

GREAT little piece of innovative booking. I've always really liked the finish to the Brock-Taker match and then Brock on top of the Cell holding up the belt with Taker staring up at him covered in blood.

I think one of the main obstacles in doing Cena-Orton in the Cell is that neither is Triple H or Undertaker, it seems to be reserved for one of those two.