Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

RAW Discussion Thread- Sept. 24, 2007 from Milwaukee, WI

TPIB

Credit: WWE.com

For weeks, Carlito has said Triple H is overrated. Even after losing to him in a No Disqualification Match at Unforgiven that favored the Caribbean Bad Apple only, he said he could beat him in any match at any time. Monday night, Carlito will have a chance to prove it in a Steel Cage Match.

Last week, Carlito showed the world that he wasn’t finished with Triple H, despite the setback at Unforgiven. He hovered around the ring, waiting for his chance to strike as Triple H took on World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch in a Handicap Match. When Carlito spotted his opportunity, he attacked from behind. However, The Cerebral Assassin was one step ahead of him and sent the Caribbean Superstar scurrying after a jarring spinebuster.

Monday night, there will be nowhere to run or hide for the Caribbean Bad Apple. Within the cage, will Carlito finally prove to Triple H and the world that he is the true measuring stick by which all other Superstars should be measured? Or will Triple H continue to be one step ahead of Carlito and continue to leave the path of destruction that he started when he returned at SummerSlam? Find out Monday night when RAW heads north to Milwaukee.

Last Monday, John Cena’s rage has reached new levels. And who can blame him after Acting General Manager Jonathan Coachman arranged a match between Randy Orton and Cena’s father? Handcuffed to the ring ropes, the WWE Champion watched helplessly as Orton administered a devastating RKO to the elder Cena before The Champ was able to break free. How will events play out tonight as the hatred between Cena and Orton reaches the boiling point on the way to their Last Man Standing Match at No Mercy on Oct. 7?

Speaking of hard feelings, how will Mr. McMahon’s manifest themselves this week? The Chairman continues to build walls between himself and his son, Hornswoggle. Can the leprechaun break through to his father, or will Mr. McMahon continue to freeze him out?

Also, Beth Phoenix showed last week that she’s primed for another opportunity at the Women’s Championship. After Candice won her tag team match with Mickie James, the Glamazon entered the ring carrying the Women’s Championship belt. She draped the gold over Candice’s shoulder and shoved the Candy-coated Diva, a clear warning that she means business. After coming so close to capturing the gold at Unforgiven, just how far is Phoenix willing to go for another opportunity at the title?

For answers to these questions and more, tune in to RAW Monday night on USA at 9/8 CT.

RAW will be live from the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI (Candice's Hometown).

Conf. Matches/Events

Jonathan Coachman To Present A Surprise To Hornswoggle

Steel Cage Match:

Triple H Vs. Carlito

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HH-Evolution

I'm calling a Carlito win...with interference from Umaga, I'd bet...my brothers remaining Nut on it. :D

I may not be watching, but I keep up with stuff anyway 'til I can. =D

~Needs more recent WWE PPV DVD's. Shall ransack youtube eventually!~

Guest John Hancock
I'm calling a Carlito win...with interference from Umaga, I'd bet...my brothers remaining Nut on it. :D

Has the suspention ended yet?

Guest John Hancock
All the druggies are back this Monday, what a severe punishment they had!

Count the scaled down entrances. WWE has a habit of punishing people my taking away their pyro.

A thirty day holiday and then business as usual really sends a strong message to other wrestlers that are on the gas, ie. 99% of them.
So would you have not suspended them? What do you think should be a reasonable punishment? The policy (whatever your actual opinion of it) states that a first offence merits a 30 day suspension without pay.

TBH, I think you'd have found something to complain about regardless of what was actually done.

When other sports stars are caught failing drug tests they are usually banned for a few years, well since it's not a real sport, then it's fine I suppose? I suppose going home for a while to look after your nieces and nephews when they have nobody to turn to, is a far worse offence than juicing up your muscle illegally?

I presume you'll defend that decision.

Guest MastersGonads
When other sports stars are caught failing drug tests they are usually banned for a few years, well since it's not a real sport, then it's fine I suppose? I suppose going home for a while to look after your nieces and nephews when they have nobody to turn to, is a far worse offence than juicing up your muscle illegally?

You read far too many dirt sheets!

I dont want to bring up our old argument, concerning whether WWE is Entertainment or not, but most legitimate 'sport stars' are banned by the regulatory bodies of the sport, to adhere to drug policies set out by those bodies.

The WWE did this, and the stars have served their time, as goverened by the WWE...

If you have a problem, I would write to congress, I am sure they would love to hear your complaints ont he WWE Wellness Policy

I thought they were all back october 1st next week so if they are back a week early then cool. I want to see HHH and Carlito match, would love to see Carlito get a shock win but can not see it really.

Guest MojoPogo
You read far too many dirt sheets!

I dont want to bring up our old argument, concerning whether WWE is Entertainment or not, but most legitimate 'sport stars' are banned by the regulatory bodies of the sport, to adhere to drug policies set out by those bodies.

The WWE did this, and the stars have served their time, as goverened by the WWE...

If you have a problem, I would write to congress, I am sure they would love to hear your complaints ont he WWE Wellness Policy

Yeah, he eats too many "dirt sheets" too. Fact of the matter is, WWE simply couldnt have afforded to fire all these superstars. Theres just not the talent out there to replace them. Beyond raiding ROH and TNA, and no doubt you'd complain about that anyway Dave.

Cant wait to see what the actual outcome of the ******* storyline is. I dont think anyone buys that its actually Hornswoggle.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
All I ask for is that its better than last week and Triple H doesn't bury anyone.

Surely that isn't too much to ask?

This is RAW,you know that's gonna happen!

When other sports stars are caught failing drug tests they are usually banned for a few years, well since it's not a real sport, then it's fine I suppose?
Are you serious? I think there is a just a tiny bit of difference between taking drugs in wrestling and a real sport.

In wrestling, there is no gain for winning. If a wrestlers takes steroids, who is he cheating? Who is he getting an unfair advantage on? Nobody at all. It's all planned. Whether a wrestler is stronger, faster or whatever has nothing to do with the result of a match.

However, in a real sport, there is literally millions of dollars resting on the result. Take boxing. The win purses in the huge fights are at least $10million. If a fighter takes steroids in a boxing match and wins because of that, he has cheated his opponent out of millions.

People in wrestling take steroids to get the right look and recover from injuries. People in real sports take steroids to cheat themselves a win.

I suppose going home for a while to look after your nieces and nephews when they have nobody to turn to, is a far worse offence than juicing up your muscle illegally?

What does Monty Brown have to do with anything? The guy was at home being paid for months. There is no way he could have returned, and because of his current predicament, his career is probably over. What was the WWE meant to do? Employ him for the next 10+ years before the kids can look after themselves and then bring him back? He is an unfortunate position, but there is only one thing he can do. The WWE keeping him on for months was the only fair thing to do. No business in the world would employ someone to sit at home doing f*ck all.

From a business perspective, not being avilable for potentially years is much worse than taking drugs, yes!