Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

RAW Discussion Thread- Oct. 1, 2007 from Cleveland, OH

TPIB

Credit: WWE.com

Inside sources have informed WWE.com that Randy Orton will not be at RAW for the second week in a row. Rumor has it that the Legend Killer has fled to Chicago, the site of Sunday’s No Mercy pay-per-view, and has contacted a local TV station to conduct an interview that will air live on tonight’s show.

One source at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland said when the news broke that Orton wouldn’t be there, people immediately came to one conclusion – the Legend Killer is running scared.

“Randy Orton isn’t stupid; he knows that Cena is willing to do whatever it takes to get back at him for what he’s done,” said one source. “Staying out of Cena’s reach means Orton will avoid a fight before Sunday – which is basically a guarantee if the two are in the same vicinity.”

With Orton refusing to return any phone calls from WWE.com, his interview tonight will hopefully shed some light on what has become the hot topic before tonight’s RAW.

After teaming with Carlito to defeat Triple H in a Handicap Steel Cage Match last week, Mr. McMahon felt a little cocky… maybe a little too cocky. He said he had The Game’s number. Tonight on RAW, our fans will find out whether the Chairman really has game when he takes on The Cerebral Assassin one-on-one.

These two uncontrollable freight trains will bear down on each other, fueled by years of pent up rage and animosity. The match will punctuate several weeks of Triple H serving up just desserts to the Chairman by humiliating him over his illegitimate son, Hornswoggle. Is Triple H’s hatred for the Chairman taking him out of his game? Or will he make Mr. McMahon pay for his bravado?

In tag team action last week, The Highlanders showed that their patience has worn incredibly thin over their lack of championship opportunities. The unpredictable Scottish cousins assailed Paul London & Brian Kendrick just as the duo were positioned to score the pinfall over World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch.

The surprise attack was an effort to torpedo their chances at another title match. Will The Highlanders naked ambition continue to make trouble for London & Kendrick on their quest for the gold? Can the high-flyers handle any other surprises the Scots have hidden up their kilts?

The only way to find out is to tune in to RAW at 9/8CT on USA.

RAW will be live from the Gund Arena in Cleveland, OH.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Triple H Vs. Mr. McMahon

Non-Title:

John Cena Vs. Mr. Kennedy

Randy Orton To Appear Via Taped Interview

Mr. Cena To Appear

Return of William Regal, Umaga, & Mr. Kennedy

Possible Appearance by Steve-O

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My God, I knew when I saw that video last week it was Haas not Jericho or whatever his name is. It all makes sense. I watched the video again upside down and backwards and I found the following:

KILL_LILL_222

TMANGL_321

MDOCRE_567

Guest MastersGonads
My God, I knew when I saw that video last week it was Haas not Jericho or whatever his name is. It all makes sense. I watched the video again upside down and backwards and I found the following:

KILL_LILL_222

TMANGL_321

MDOCRE_567

I found...

HEAT_MN_EV3NT_222

Guest John Hancock
Who was it that wae suspended?

Someone said they are comin back oan monday

I thought the suspention started oan November 1st!

Reply back:xyx

No, everyone who was suspended from "The List" has started coming back. The November 1st thing is that i anyone else gets suspended after November 1st, then they'll release their names. I think anyway.

This is going to be my first night in uni, which is annoying because I was looking forward to the next

Jericho...possibly...maybe....please?

video thingy.

Okay, I got the hint. I took Charlie Haas' possible return off the list. I don't know why you guys made such a big deal out of it. God forbid I be accurate.
Where's the drama-llama when you need him?

Okay, I got the hint. I took Charlie Haas' possible return off the list. I don't know why you guys made such a big deal out of it. God forbid I be accurate.

The POSSIBLE return isn't very accurate. I need to know for sure if he will be there or not. Don't get my hopes up and then he's not there. You either confirm he will be there or not because god dammit, Charlie Haas' return is HUGE news and something we all can look forward to.

Guest Cathal

John Cena vs. Mr.Kennedy has been announced for tonight.

EDIT-Oh and it says on WWE.com that Randy Orton won't be at tonight's Raw.

Edited by Cathal

What's with this deal of the last couple weeks of Orton not being on RAW? I know last week (or the week before or something) he got married. Did he get some time off for an extended honeymoon or what's the deal?

I also wonder if Hornswoggle McMahon will have anything to do with the returning Kennedy in his match.

Guest SuperKick Kid

Thanks to the magic of TiVo, I caught the message in the new vid this week:

8.2.11/SAVIOR_SELF

I also saw this new message in the vid:

GRAND_SLAM.1/MOS which could mean 1st Grand Slam Champion.........HBK!!!

also Jericho also is a Grand Slam Champion.

Just got this pointed out to me, in the alphabet 8 = H, 2 = B and 11 = K

H B K :D

The vid is up on Youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zSCFPQ2HPWw

The vid is already on the bottom of WWE.com

Edited by SuperKick Kid

I would pretty much say the same thing either way, so I will just post the same thing I posted on Wrestling 101 here to state my opinions:

Match Results

6-Man Tag:

Jeff Hardy, Paul London, & Brian Kendrick def. Shelton Benjamin, Lance Cade, & Trevor Murdoch by Jeff Hardy pinning Lance Cade following the Swanton Bomb.

Hardcore Holly def. Cody Rhodes by pin following the Alabama Slam.

Special Guest Referee- Carlito:

Mr. McMahon def. Triple H by DQ when Triple H attacks Carlito.

Mickie James (with a distraction by Hornswoggle) def. Melina by roll-up.

Non-Title:

John Cena def. Mr. Kennedy (in his return to RAW) by submission to the STF-U.

Matches: Best To Worst

1) Jeff, London, & Kendrick Vs. Benjamin, Cade, & Murdoch

2) Mr. McMahon Vs. Triple H

3) Hardcore Holly Vs. Cody Rhodes

4) Melina Vs. Mickie James

5) John Cena Vs. Mr. Kennedy

My Thoughts

In case you didn't catch it, a new SAVE_US.222 video debuted on this week's RAW and featured some more information in code. From what I saw (I may go back and report additional sitings soon), I spotted the words "Savior" and "Grand Slam". Keep an eye out for it, I'm sure it'll be all over the place.

After the McMahon/Triple H match got underway with Carlito as the Special Referee, I could see where it was heading (a DQ victory for Mr. McMahon, since he guaranteed it).

I enjoyed the new "Marella At The Movies" Segment. The Condemned parody was kind of funny. My line of the night was (after Marella mentioned Val Venis' parody of Shrek): "You sonamugun, I can't believe what you did to that poor donkey." Marella on the stick is gold.

I don't like the guy, but I give credit to Steve-O for managing to do a little bit of acting on RAW. For whatever reason, RAW seemed a bit "off" to me. They had those technical difficulties up front for one. Although it took me a minute to understand it, I think the RAW and Steve-O cross promotion at the end was sweet. It was a cool transition from RAW to Dr. Steve-O. I was surprised that Ron Simmons said more than one word. I was a little confused by that. Simmons throwing Steve-O out of the exit and then cut to him flying was genius (whether intentional or not). I wonder if RAW will do this every week.

I was dissappointed with the way Kennedy returned (as a jobber for Cena), but I cheered up a bit after Orton attacked Cena post-match. Good build towards No Mercy, but I think Cena should've bled. I honestly think that the table not breaking is more believable than the table just falling away. For the sake of humanity and the WWE Title, Orton better win the title on Sunday.