Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Major WWE Star Injured, Out For 6-8 Months

Paul

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match Monday night on Raw with Mr. Kennedy. Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said, “No matter how serious, the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and that there will be a new WWE Champion.

Stay with WWE.com for further updates on Cena’s condition and on No Mercy as they become available.

Credit: WWE.com

Pah, guess I dont really want a decent PPV. :(

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can it not be decent?

Chances are instead of destroying 1 top line heel, HHH will destroy 2!

Its like brilliant isn't it?

But seriously if ever there was a time when WWE need their biggest star out this was it. They need Jericho, HBK, Edge, heck Hogan, Foley etc right now, cause if it was any thinner up top it would be Amy Winehouse.

Guest Citizen Kane

Noooooooooooo, 6-8 months?!!! Dammit. :(

A lot of people will obviously be happy now there's a new champion, but soon enough they'll miss the great atmosphere surrounding his matches when they can hear a pin drop during HHH/Orton.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
6 months of no Cena on TV sounds like a good thing... but then again its likely going to mean 6 months of HHH dominating the shows so I am not sure which is worse!

Guest 619rkoCROSSFACE

im guessing he was already injured and they were gunna make him give up title last week... then they realised how stupid it would be half way through the show :P

come on ORTON!!!! :.) :.) :.) :.)

Guest Cathal

Well that sucks, I was really looking forward to the LMS match too.

Maybe if Jericho does return this Sunday they might throw him into the title match and maybe he might take the title.

You never know, I guess.

Triple H will win the title. I'm 99.9% sure of it. The only reason he won't win it, is if he gets to win it back at a bigger PPV.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Just depends if he can be bothered to work every week.

I remember reading he said he would back when he won the World title this year but he could hurt. I imagine he would work every week though.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
WWE best keep the spinning belt. il be really annoyed if they take it away.
I'd be ANNOYED too... no wait wrong word... I'd be DELIGHTED if they changed the belt again so it doesn't spin anymore!

Guest FreeSpirit
Don't like to see any superstar injured, and its a shame his WWE Title reign has come to an end this way, but wooooooo finally a new WWE Champion this Sunday. About damn time too.

Guest The Franchise
Noooooooooooo, 6-8 months?!!! Dammit. :(

A lot of people will obviously be happy now there's a new champion, but soon enough they'll miss the great atmosphere surrounding his matches when they can hear a pin drop during HHH/Orton.

That sucks. The WWE is losing their main events left and right. Feel bad for Cena.:-0

Guest Dave7g

Fantastic news, no before you start, not about his injury, about a FRESH Championship reign in WWE, plus no more Cena! I suspect HHH has decided to give himself the belt, however there is a weird tradition in wrestling where if a champion or favourite is pulled from a title match, the title goes to the surprise entrant. It happened with the NWA tourney when Danielson got hurt, and how can you forget RHYNO being so damn hard!

So don't expect Randy Orton to get the strap. Just pray to Jericho it's him and not Tripple Vince.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Fantastic news, no before you start, not about his injury, about a FRESH Championship reign in WWE, plus no more Cena! I suspect HHH has decided to give himself the belt, however there is a weird tradition in wrestling where if a champion or favourite is pulled from a title match, the title goes to the surprise entrant. It happened with the NWA tourney when Danielson got hurt, and how can you forget RHYNO being so damn hard!

So don't expect Randy Orton to get the strap. Just pray to Jericho it's him and not Tripple Vince.

Actually Adam Pearce was the man who Danielson defeated to advance to the finals, so it wasn't really a surprise more of a by default kind of thing.