Fan Clubs Network

Emulator Discussion - No Links to, or advice on how to obtain Emulators/Roms/Mod's

Omega

This thread will remain only for the discussion of PLAYING Emulators/Modifications. No links to Emulators or Roms or suchlike. Any such link or advice on where to obtain Emulators or Game Mod's will be deleted. Tips on how to get all of the above working will also be deleted. If needs must obtain information by your own means, Clarkey.

Right, I'm a big fan of retro gaming. As much as I enjoy all the great graphics and wonderful physics of modern gaming there always a hankering to play the original Sonic or for a quick blast on Mario Carts.

Whilst I do still own a boxed megadrive its a bit of ahassle to unpack each time hence my loveof all things emulated. I currentl'y have a genesis emulator, Snes Emulator, Nes emulator and a dos emulator on my home system.

Edited by Clarkey

Guest The Beltster
I'm been using emulators since 1998, they are awesome. I'd certainly recommend Neo-Rage for Neo-Geo games. Also, MAME is fantastic for oldschool arcade games. Raine is great for old arcade games aswell, I love playing WWF Superstars and WWF WrestleFest on the PC. Edited by Clarkey

I do not use many emulators onmy pc as i never know what to use on my linux machine that is a different matter this page is a god and I have almost every emulator. List

Hey i've got a problem and any help would be much appreciated! Basically i've got my emulator downloaded and on my desktop in a zipped file, ive also got a game for that emulator also in a seperate zipped file on my desktop. Im unsure how to use these files to play the game though.. (yes .. I am useless on computers!)

Guest The Beltster
You need to unzip the emulator and in the folder there should be a 'roms' folder, you put all games in there. Some can load them when they are zipped and some games need to be unzipped.

You should check out Project 64, I have version 1.7 now. Absolutley great for No Mercy and the VPW games. Get yourself a decent PC controller first, or use the 360 pad, you can find stuff that makes it work.

TNA vs ROH is what it's all about though, but you may kill yourself trying to get it working if you are new to emulation.

Guest The Beltster
TNA vs ROH is what it's all about though, but you may kill yourself trying to get it working if you are new to emulation.
Details bro, details! Whats this?

Also, I didnt know you could use the 360 pad on the PC :lol I'm obviously thick.

Guest The Beltster
Behold:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8938/wwfnomercy311fe.jpg

Join this forum and check the texture modding section

http://thenomercyzone.clicdev.com/f/index.php?

Then prepare to spend the rest of the night either marking out, or going crazy.

Is this the texture modding used on No Mercy? I've got a couple of cool arenas, SummerSlam 90 and Royal Rumble 90...good sh*t. Pain in the arse, though, I cant seem to apply anything to the game, it never works...uggg Edited by The Beltster

That's exactly it, TNA vs ROH seems to be the only full pack available. Some people had some really cool projects like it in the works such as a late 80's NWA mod, early 90's WWF and a great sounding WCW mod. Unfortunatley they never bothered to finish them.

This doesn't just change the arena, it changes the whole game. All wrestlers are replaced with new textures, hacked moves etc. All new menus, belts and arenas. It looks awesome and is like having a new game. If you download the full pack (about 100 megs), it's not tooooo hard to get it going, just follow the instructions to the letter.

Guest The Beltster
That's exactly it, TNA vs ROH seems to be the only full pack available. Some people had some really cool projects like it in the works such as a late 80's NWA mod, early 90's WWF and a great sounding WCW mod. Unfortunatley they never bothered to finish them.

This doesn't just change the arena, it changes the whole game. All wrestlers are replaced with new textures, hacked moves etc. All new menus, belts and arenas. It looks awesome and is like having a new game. If you download the full pack (about 100 megs), it's not tooooo hard to get it going, just follow the instructions to the letter.

I downloaded a bunch of wrestler textures and some arena mods, but none of them work and I noticed that seemingly nobody ever finishes their mods, its a pain in the ass.

Is the TNA vs ROH mod on the site still? I know alot of the stuff there has timed out.

Guest The Beltster

I got it, downloaded aswell and applied. It kinda works, and kinda doesnt. It shows up fine in the options screens, but when you pick a wrestler, the regular No Mercy guys are there, and when you load up, its in the regular No Mercy arena's but with ROH logos :lol

I'll have to keep at it and see whats wrong.

Cheers for the heads up Dave, looks like this might be a laugh.

Make sure you do all the codes right, in the cheats menu! Also use the rice video plugin with the hi res texture option on. I guess you knew that bit already.

Guest The Beltster

I have that screen coming up, and when it loads it says TNA vs ROH, all the screens show the same, but when you scroll through the wrestlers, it shows TNA and ROH guys in the portraits, but it shows the WWF guys stood there with their names.

When you go through and pick an arena, regardless of what TNA or ROH ring you pick, it shows up in a normal WWF arena with a few graphical errors and ROH logos.

Something isnt right, but I cant work out what.

I've got to set the controls up on my 360 controller, but I'm actually kinda onfused as what they should be. :/ Edited by Clarkey