Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Survivor Series Discussion Thread - 18th November 2007

TPIB

RAW, SmackDown!, & ECW Present:

WWE

Survivor

Series

LIVE, November 18 from the American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL (MVP's Hometown)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/wwecsh88/ASurvivorSeries2007Poster.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship: Sweet Chin Music Banned: Title Can Change Hands on a DQ:

Randy Orton © Vs. Shawn Michaels

World Heavyweight Championship: Hell in a Cell:

Batista © Vs. The Undertaker

ECW Championship: Triple Threat:

CM Punk © Vs. "The Miz" Vs. John Morrison

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match:

Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, & Kane Vs. Umaga, Finlay, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, & Big Daddy V

Hornswoggle Vs. The Great Khali

World Tag Team Championship:

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch © Vs. Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly

10-Diva Interpromotional Tag Team Match:

Beth Phoenix, Jillian, Layla, Melina, & Victoria Vs. Mickie James, Torrie Wilson, Kelly Kelly, Maria, & Michelle McCool

I also thought it interesting to note that the SmackDown! following Survivor Series is slated to be in Edge's Residing Hometown of Tampa, FL.

As far as what I think the WWE will do, it will obviously be something involving Shawn Michaels. I wish that WWE would've stuck to the original venue and return to the "scene of the crime" in Montreal. Sure, Shawn Michaels would probably get a big chorus of boos, but that's part of the fun.

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jim vs shark

***WWE Survivor Series Discussion Thread - 18th November 2007***

it's been 10 years since the montreal screwjob.

They seem to bring it up almost every other survivor series, or refer to it.

What do you think they'll do this year in reference to it?

I think HBK is going to play a major part in Survivor series this year as it is the 10 anniversary. It was meant to be the debut of the New hart Foundation but those plans have been scrapped according to wrestlezone so who knows now.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I think that Randy Orton will apply the sharpshooter to HBK in the WWE title match and Vince who is at ringside will call for the bell :)

Guest thequietman
I think that Randy Orton will apply the sharpshooter to HBK in the WWE title match and Vince who is at ringside will call for the bell :)

100% totally agree.

They have to do a JBL captained team with MVP, Fit Finlay and two others against a Mysterio captained team with Matt Hardy and three others, right? RIGHT? JBL showing up on the other shows to recruit the final two members would be fandabadoosie.

Guest Wolverine
I was thinking about a SmackDown vs. ECW Survivor Series match myself, what with each brand appearing on the other's show now. You could have it be Morrison, Punk, Burke, Dreamer and Big Daddy V vs. Mysterio, MVP, Matt Hardy, Finlay and Kane, or something along those lines anyway.

Here is one of the traditional Survivor Series Elimination Matches we might see:

RAW Vs. ECW & SmackDown:

Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Cade & Murdoch Vs. Batista, CM Punk, Kane, MVP, & Matt Hardy

That one would certainly be interesting. I could see them working in an angle where Umaga turns on the RAW team and causes Triple H to get eliminated or something along those lines. Of course, I don't see the ECW/SmackDown! team being likely, since that would tie up two World Champions (Punk & Batista), the United States Champion (MVP), & the WWE Tag Team Champions (MVP & Matt). Not to mention it would be pretty uneven as far as the ratio of SmackDown! to ECW stars (4-1).

As Wolverine mentioned, there could also be an ECW Vs. SmackDown! Match or WWE may avoid the Brand Vs. Brand angle altogether. There is an article on WWE.com that teases the possibility of ECW/SmackDown! rising up and invading RAW.

Orton Vs. Michaels for the WWE Title is pretty much a given. I imagine Batista will also defend the World Title against Undertaker (in some sort of gimmick match, perhaps). Another very likely scenario would see Batista defend the World Title in a Triple Threat Match against Undertaker and the returning Edge (playing off of Edge beating Undertaker for the World Title in May). I imagine that at least one World Champion will be in a Survivor Series Elimination Match. At this point, it's anyone's guess.

By the way, the Survivor Series sub-site is up and running featuring this year's wallpapers and whatnot.

It's something I just now thought about, but what role would Jericho play at Survivor Series if he returns at Cyber Sunday?

WrestleZone is saying that Randy Orton will team with Umaga to face Triple H and Shawn Michaels (which I read about awhile back, but kind of forgot about). I would honestly rather see this split up into a WWE Title match and some sort of other match.

Edited by TPIB

Guest SuperKick Kid

Source: PWTorch.com

This year's Survivor Series takes place on Sunday, November 18th from Miami, Florida. It will be the 10-year anneversary of the infamous "Montreal Screwjob".

WWE has started running television and radio commercials to promote the PPV. In those ads, the main event for Survivor Series has been announced.

WWE Champion Randy Orton will team with Umaga against The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels and Triple H. At this time, there are no plans to formally reunite DX.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Orton/Umaga vs DX really seems pointless. I obviously know why that match would be booked storyline-wise, but thats a Raw mainevent. Survivor Series should be either a title defense or a SS match. This is neither.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Official Survivor Series Poster

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/wallpapers/5672816.html

This does seem to confirm Edge's return which is good news for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest leviebaby
i think bret hart might make special guess apearance know what i meak cuff cuff raffree hbk vs randy orton bret hart special referfree

Guest SuperKick Kid
i think bret hart might make special guess apearance know what i meak cuff cuff raffree hbk vs randy orton bret hart special referfree

If Bret Hart shows up at Survivor Series, I'll eat my hat.

Anyway, Survivor Series is shaping up well.

The Smackdown main event has been revealed in the spoilers and that looks to be a very good match.

Undertaker vs Batista - Hell in a Cell

and

Shawn Michaels vs Randy Orton looks good as well. Although I think they need to add a stipulation considering Randy got disqualified last time.

No DQ would be good.

A Triple Threat elimination Tag Team match for the Tag Team Titles would be good on the Raw side.

Highlanders vs Londrick vs Cade & Murdoch

I'd have like to see HBK v HHH v Orton in a 3 way. Would make logical sense with Vince booking it to see what they care about more, the title or each other etc. Of course Orton should win it to further dissension and have everyone wondering what's going to happen (personally I'd like HBK to eventually turn heel on HHH but we'll see).

I just think it would add something fresh instead of just being a stale old re-hash of the last 2 years.