Fan Clubs Community

Which gaming franchise would you resurrect?

DC

I was thinking about this topic after seeing a purple motorbike that looked exactly like one of the machines from the original Road Rash. It made me think how much I enjoyed the RR games and how great it would be if someone brought them back and did it right.

I then thought about other franchises I'd like to be brought back and done justice, with the main ones being:

Streets of Rage

Final Fight

Golden Axe

Double Dragon

Bad Dudes v Dragon Ninja

Which gaming franchises would you bring back if you could?

Guest MojoPogo

Shining Force (with the original developers)

Vandal Hearts

Streets of Rage (duh!)

Road Rash

The old Epyx games series (ie California Games, Winter, Summer etc)

Turrican

Barbarian (i particularly enjoyed Barbarian 2, chopping off heads was just ace.)

The Strike series, (Desert and Jungle were particularly good).

Shining Force (with the original developers)

Vandal Hearts

Streets of Rage (duh!)

Road Rash

The old Epyx games series (ie California Games, Winter, Summer etc)

Turrican

Barbarian (i particularly enjoyed Barbarian 2, chopping off heads was just ace.)

The Strike series, (Desert and Jungle were particularly good).

Yeah 2 classic choices right there.

Guest The Beltster
I hope it's longer this time, you can beat the original in about a half hour.
I'm sure it will end up being a free-roaming 3D style game this time.

And while I do agree that you can beat it really easily now, I remember spending loads on it in the arcade trying to get through it as a kid.

Two words, baby.

Bubble freakin' Bobble.

Yeah yeah, we know why you liked it:

http://www.pressplaythenanykey.com/articulos/buenorras%20en%20los%20videojuegos/barbarian.jpg

;)

Edited by Inno

Guest Clarkey

Most of mine have been said, and others I would say of more recent times like NiGHTs, Samba De Amigo etc are already getting much needed sequels. With most of the older times being covered, I've gone for some more recent ones on the whole:

Syndicate

Dungeon Keeper

Shadow Dancer

Skies of Arcadia (but could be happening already)

Grim Fandango

Dizzy Series

Jet Force Gemini

Blast Corps

The Chrono Series

Jet Set Radio

Oddworld Series

Monkey Island (with Ron Gilbert)

Burning Rangers

Panzer Dragoon Series

...and lastly, Shenmue friggin' 3. So many more to name mind, so await others lists to see what we have in store.

Guest Anime Otaku
Totally agree with calls for Syndicate, Road Rash, Grim Fandango and Monkey Island (I think they'd be great for XBLA and the like too). The old Bitmap Brothers games were great (Chaos engine and Xenon 2) as was Silkworm and SWIV. TBH I think that most would be better remastered and sold on XBLA, except for the first four games mentioned. Ohhh! Just remembered Elite 2! Loved that game, it'd be cool if it was rejigged into a MMO.

Guest Anime Otaku
SPEEDBALL 2!!!

I was just thinking about how awesome this game was, and how a great update for the DS or PSP would be fantastic.

It's on XBLA now. I played the demo but don't have the points or disk space for the full game. Cannon Fodder would rule too.

Twisted Metal would be cool.

No need. pick up World Tour on ebay cheap because it will never get any better than that version. Black was alright, but World Tour still to this day holds up with modern games, aside from graphics obviously.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Double Dragon 1-3,I absolutely loved these games back in the heyday of the NES because they were easy to get into,had good storylines and brilliant box art.

This in particular was a great piece of box art

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Pictures/NESGameCovers/D/Double%20Dragon%203.jpg