Fan Clubs (beta)

Games that came in under the radar.

DC

This is a thread for all those games that would have the PC-Brigade up in arms today, but slipped past with nary a problem back in the day.

I'll start with Chiller, a light-gun game from the arcades of 1986 that actually made it onto the Nintendo Entertainment System.

In the game, you look at two dungeon settings, a hallway and a graveyard and shoot people who are chained to the wall in their undies or being tortured. There are "hot-spots" to achieve quicker kills (shooting the blade of a guillotine, the crank of a vice, lowering towards a snapping crocodile, etc).

There is also a woman chained up in the graveyard where you can shoot her clothes of to make her nude (easy now, this was 1986 graphics) and then kill her. Also, there is a zombie who rips his own head off and throws it into a fiery ditch.

Go here to read more about it.

Guest Al Stevens

I just noticed that i have this on my NES Emulator. I'm going to give it a try and see if it THAT bad

Edit: Played it and to be honest it's a horrid game, no not of the content or anything like that. It just a badly made game period

Edited by Al Stevens

I just noticed that i have this on my NES Emulator. I'm going to give it a try and see if it THAT bad

Edit: Played it and to be honest it's a horrid game, no not of the content or anything like that. It just a badly made game period

Well you don't have a light gun for your computer, do you?

I guess you have to remember that it's over 20yrs old, so somethings won't have improved with age.

I don't understand what you're trying to say in the bolded part.

Guest Al Stevens

What i was trying to say in the bolded part is that considering that it was a 20 year old game and it's basically was the first game which if released today which would have the BBFC having a hissy fit now adays with the whole Manhunt 2 bs, it was the question is yes we have read the stories on the net and now lets see how bad could it be.

Also no i used a normal USB controller like i do for the Operation Wolf

Guest Anime Otaku

I'm not sure if the Mary Whitehouse brigade did actually kick up a fuss on it but what about the original Leisure Suit Larry games?

Also Elite and Elite 2: Frontier allowed you the option of trading in Slaves, Narcotics, Guns and Radioactive Waste. That would probably get a few people mad these days.