Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

The 'cool' wrestlers - who were/are they?

Naitch

‘Cool’ is kinda an ambiguous buzz word that can’t really be defined and one man’s example of cool is another man’s furnace so I guess it is all subjective point of view but whatever. It is also an Americanised word but don’t hold that against me. Anyway cool to me was never Shawn Michaels or Jeff Hardy because I can’t get behind fruity booties (they’d like that actually. Nothing Shawn Michaels would like better than for me to get behind him) who bounce around and wear nail varnish and sparkly chaps and hankies in their back pocket and stuff. SID could be goofy and he appeared to have a hamster on a wheel where a brain should have been but dropping pasty 140lb jobbers on their heads, proclaiming that he ruled the world, having his name spelled out in pyro and being generally bad to the bone, THAT was cool.

Don Muraco would beat up jobbers WHILE eating a sandwich, would take off from a promotion whenever he liked to go surfing and stuff AND was one half of Fuji Vice which is pretty much the pinnacle of coolness in life and we should all probably just never leave the house because we’ll never be that cool. So he was definitely cool.

Ric Flair would go on TV in clothes that cost more than you earn in a year, would talk about having 30 women in a limousine a mile long, during his interviews would invite ladies (18-28, no husbands, no boyfriends) back to his hotel, once lay flat out on the floor of the TBS studio simulating the exhaustion a lady felt after riding Space Mountain and had a bunch of cool catchphrases, talked the talked and walked the walked.

Steve Austin pretty much single handedly made wrestling cool again and everyone wanted to be the guy who drank beer, gave people the finger, drove over cars, beat up their boss and stuff.

So who was definitely cool? Why were they cool? If you were a wrestler, who would you want to be? Who was so far from cool that they may as well have been in a sauna on the sun while drinking hot tea and eating jalapeno peppers?

Edited by Naitch

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
With hair like Flair had, camp robes and looking like he was in his 50's even in his prime, he was the epitome of un-cool! He looked like a homosexual old fart telling us all how many women he shagged :lol

With hair like Flair had, camp robes and looking like he was in his 50's even in his prime, he was the epitome of un-cool! He looked like a homosexual old fart telling us all how many women he shagged :lol

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1650/60qk5.jpg

Coolness.

Oldest lesson in wrestling is pink robes are cool if you're looking like Ric Flair. Don't hate on the Nature Boy because he was stylin' and profilin'.

This, however, is a concrete example of how not only to be totally and completely uncool but also to be possibly something else too:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/760/l79e6dd3ee34011d4845645if4.jpg

Guest The Franchise

Same can be said about a certain someone telling little kids to say their prayers and eat your vitamins. But yet he had daily seizures during every match before winning them.(Hogan) :devil

Ric Flair is the coolest wrestler of all time. From the robes to the custom made suits to the mass catchphases. Who didnt want to be the "Nature Boy?" WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

People often hate on greatness.

Edited by The Franchise

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

In the not cool catagory I would have to place Tugboat I mean he was a huge fat man who acted like he was a boat and dressed like the campest sailor you have ever seen outside a Village People music video how much more un-cool can you get then that?

Well you could be Lex Luger I guess who was the figure at the head of the now legendary 'Lex Express' is that more un-cool then a man acting like a boat... i'll leave that up to you to decide

Edited by Nemesis Enforcer

HHH is the complete opposite of cool, desperate to be cool, uses his Daddy's money to simulate it, and in turn making him far worse off than he once was.

Guest dpddave

Edge was damn cool during his sex and violence stage on RAW. With his glasses, awesome jeans and shirts, if I was a gay, he'd be the man I'd want f**king me.

Uncool? Cena dressed like a 5 year old and full of bad penis jokes LOZZ

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Into the cool catagory I add Ron Simmons no more reason is needed then his infamous "I'm unf*ckwithable" comment but I will add despite it getting a little overused his first few "Damn" moments and his participation on the 'Raw Dating Game' cements his cool status

Another cool wrestler is Haku/Meng for his exploits in eradicating the world of troublesome arcade machines, de-nosing drunken idiots in bars and teaching people the benefits of having two eyes by removing one of them

Guest Chriscare

Warlord when he had his metal face plate was cool

The Undertaker was always cool, especially end of 95 start of 96 when he wore that mask.

I always thought evil Crush was pretty cool aswell as Adam Bomb.

Guest The Beltster
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1650/60qk5.jpg

Coolness.

Although he has hair to die for and a dashing turtle-neck sweater on, I wouldnt call Gordon Solie "Cool" personally. :)

And my God, never has the term "HBGay" seemed so appropriate.

Same can be said about a certain someone telling little kids to say their prayers and eat your vitamins. But yet he had daily seizures during every match before winning them.(Hogan) :devil
Its lucky you wrote 'Hogan' in there at the end in parenthesis, I had no idea who you were talking about!

Who didnt want to be the "Nature Boy?" WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I didnt...

People often hate on greatness.
Agreed, see your first post for proof of this.

As for legit cool....I dunno, there really havent been many cool wrestlers. The industry still has guys who sport hairstyles from the 1980's. If I had to pick the coolest, I'd go for either Mr Perfect or Rick Rude in 1990 when he cut his hair short. That was one cool motherf*cker.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest The Great Ahmar
Every time I've seen NWA Tully Blanchard he came across us uber cool. I find MVP cool, he wears the suits, the do-rag, the shades and carries himself in a really cool "I'm awesome and you're not" type of way.

Guest SuperKick Kid

Naitch consistently taking shots at HBK every chance he gets, he Naitch, I can find a bad picture of Flair too...

It's quite easy when he is one of the superstar to have a Mugshot:

http://nodq.com/images/flairmug.jpg

As Carlito would say, that is not cool.

Now this is cool:

http://ecwfrenchtribute.free.fr/HTLM/Photos/S/Shawn_Michaels/Shawn_Michaels_et_Sherri_02.jpg

and

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/s/shawnmichaels/07.jpg

Edited by SuperKick Kid

Guest Slim Jim

How is having a mug shot uncool? It's like cooler than the water in the swimming pool.

That's something really cool standing behind his gay bitch.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity