Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

RAW Discussion Thread- February 4, 2008 from Austin, TX (#767)

TPIB

Credit: WWE.com

It’s often said that everything is bigger in Texas. Tonight on Raw, John Cena's return from injury could be put to two big tests when the Superstars sweep into the state’s capital of Austin.

First, Cena will kick off RAW with an official contract signing for his WWE Championship match at No Way Out with Randy Orton. Last week, "The Champ" sent Orton a painful message with an F-U that told the WWE Champion that he was coming to take his title back at No Way Out. The Legend Killer, who put Cena on the shelf to begin with, knows his nemesis is a threat to his reign. Is he plotting some kind of revenge? Is he laying a trap for Cena?

Speaking of tests, poor Hornswoggle will undergo his greatest test in "tough love" tonight. One week after his father, Mr. McMahon, told him he was ashamed of him for his performance in the Royal Rumble, Hornswoggle will be forced to join the first-ever "Kiss My A Club" in HD.

In other RAW news, last week, Jeff Hardy made it perfectly clear he has no intention of turning tail and running after having come so close to WWE gold. Just how he will make his presence felt is yet to be seen, especially since he will be one of six competitors in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out. And how will the rest of the Superstars involved in the Chamber – Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, JBL and Umaga – seek to get an advantage with an opportunity to face the WWE Champion at WrestleMania at stake?

And with another frustratingly close loss to Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix, Mickie James appears to be at her boiling point. What will it take for the Diva to finally score a victory over The Glamazon? And is she prepared to do whatever it takes?

To find out the answers to these questions, tune in to RAW, live at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

RAW will be live from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX. After RAW, WWE will be taping the February 11 edition of RAW from the same venue.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Contract Signing for the WWE Title Match at No Way Out

Hornswoggle To Join Mr. McMahon's K.M.A. Club

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Citizen Kane

From the preview on WWE.com

First, Cena will kick off Raw with an official contract signing for his WWE Championship match at No Way Out with Randy Orton. Last week, "The Champ" sent Orton a painful message with an FU that told the WWE Champion that he was coming to take his title back at No Way Out. The Legend Killer, who put Cena on the shelf to begin with, knows his nemesis is a threat to his reign. Is he plotting some kind of revenge? Is he laying a trap for Cena?

Speaking of tests, poor Hornswoggle will undergo his greatest test in "tough love" tonight. One week after his father, Mr. McMahon, told him he was ashamed of him for his performance in the Royal Rumble, Hornswoggle will be forced to join the first-ever "Kiss My Ass Club" in HD.

Vince's arse in HD. Wonderful.

Hopefully we get more 'intense Cena' tonight. An on-from Orton and that contract signing should be pretty good. I'm dissapointed they're rushing this feud to NWO though.

Guest Redneck Messiah

A midget biting a grown man's ass who was bearing it to be kissed......oh yeah great entertainment Vince McMahon :roll:sleep_1:

Jeff Hardy's crowd pops seemed pretty darn loud. I think they dropped the ball not giving him the title. It's amazing how non-existant the secondary belts have become in the last three or so years in the WWE.

I want Chris Jericho turned heel and I want it now! Seriously he's not getting all that great of a reaction from the crowd and hasn't been booked well as a face. Turn him back into a swarmy cocky heel.

It's a shame how Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Trevor Murdoch, and Lance Cade are all booked as jobbers. I like all four and think they are very talented. Would like to see decent pushes and decent storylines with them. Sucked they dropped the Murdoch/Cade/Mickie James thing as I was interested to see where it would go.

Had to tape some of the show and couldn't watch it all so will post more thoughts after viewing things again.

Edited by Redneck Messiah

Guest Kanenite
RAW was decent enough this week, I thought the finish to the 6 man was great. Nothing was exceptionally outstanding though but it was a good enough show.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I enjoyed Raw alot this week, everything ranged from good to acceptable EXCEPT for the whole Vince stuff which was just total crap

I would like to point out one big plus on the show and that was the crowd, they were great this week down in Austin, Texas. Even Cena got cheered every time he appeared and they were hot all night, best crowd for a while I thought

The opening of the show was how all contract signings should go, it didn't drag on too long and kept things interesting, no long periods of nothing happening as one or both read through it before signing

Just a note on Jeff Hardy, isn't there a rule in WWE that all champions have to defend their belt atleast once every 30 days or they are stripped of it... well when was the last time that Jeff defended the IC belt exactly?!?!

He defended the IC belt against Orton three weeks ago.

Enjoyable Raw and a good crowd too, looking forward to Orton vs. Cena but a shame it's being rushed to NWO, I would have rather seen it at WM but it should still be good nonetheless.

Did anyone else notice the shoddy production at the start of the show? During the credits, and at the start of the broadcast, the sound was about 90mins ahead of the action. What should have been Papa Roach serenading us into another 2hr RAW was instead JR and King commenting on the six-man tag.

I guess RAW wasn't actually live this week, regardless of what the Sky Sports 3 logo said.

Edited by DC

Yeah Cage, they taped two episodes of Raw this week. I think they're gonna go tour Mexico and Latin America... and Vince doesn't trust the mud-races to cheer on cue. :eek!!!

Guest MastersGonads
Did anyone else notice the shoddy production at the start of the show? During the credits, and at the start of the broadcast, the sound was about 90mins ahead of the action. What should have been Papa Roach serenading us into another 2hr RAW was instead JR and King commenting on the six-man tag.

I guess RAW wasn't actually live this week, regardless of what the Sky Sports 3 logo said.

You know what I am like in defence of the product, and I think your being slighlt pedantic here. As has been highlighted recently on other threads, the WWE production is 2nd to none, so yes it was noticeable to some, I wouldnt say it was 'shoddy' production, it was a slight glitch on an otherwise faultless show production wise.

As for the Sky Sports logo, its live as in, it being played out live, from the source which classifies it as live. if you were to claim it wasnt then 99% of television isnt live as its all on a slight delay!

Guest Da Showstoppa
I enjoyed Raw alot this week, everything ranged from good to acceptable EXCEPT for the whole Vince stuff which was just total crap

The opening of the show was how all contract signings should go, it didn't drag on too long and kept things interesting, no long periods of nothing happening as one or both read through it before signing

Just a note on Jeff Hardy, isn't there a rule in WWE that all champions have to defend their belt atleast once every 30 days or they are stripped of it... well when was the last time that Jeff defended the IC belt exactly?!?!

Jeff should be stripped of the IC belt, he didn't even wear it when he came out for the promo last night. I think that if you decide to challenge for the WWE title you should be made to choose. Then WWE could try and make the IC title mean something by having several guys go for it. It's pretty common knowledge that Jeff will be in the MITB at Mania and that would suggest the IC belt will not be defended for two more PPV's and that's just stupid.

I've been watching 90's WWE videos and the IC title was always highly featured on the card.

On the plus side, the 6 man tag was excellent - Even Snitsky didn't look out of his depth.

Was nice to see London and Kendrick back together - though the way they were jobbed is stupid - mind you they had to save 15 minutes for the weekly Vince / midget yawnathon didn't they? :roll

You know what I am like in defence of the product, and I think your being slighlt pedantic here. As has been highlighted recently on other threads, the WWE production is 2nd to none, so yes it was noticeable to some, I wouldnt say it was 'shoddy' production, it was a slight glitch on an otherwise faultless show production wise.

As for the Sky Sports logo, its live as in, it being played out live, from the source which classifies it as live. if you were to claim it wasnt then 99% of television isnt live as its all on a slight delay!

There's a slight delay and then there's a 90+min delay.

I know live television has a few seconds delay, but, if you want me to be pedantic, live TV is an "as it happens (with a few seconds delay to reach your telly" product. Monday's RAW was not live, it was on a tape-delay.

I can understand you being protective over your area of expertise, but to claim that show was live is ridiculous. There was sound from 90mins later, so instead of having a delay, are you saying Sky Sports were having a premonition?

Guest MastersGonads
There's a slight delay and then there's a 90+min delay.

I know live television has a few seconds delay, but, if you want me to be pedantic, live TV is an "as it happens (with a few seconds delay to reach your telly" product. Monday's RAW was not live, it was on a tape-delay.

I can understand you being protective over your area of expertise, but to claim that show was live is ridiculous. There was sound from 90mins later, so instead of having a delay, are you saying Sky Sports were having a premonition?

Well you know there was no premonition from me talking to Mrs DC last night on the phone about said incident!

But the part in bold is true. Raw played out as if it was Live in the States, which is was.....

Guest MastersGonads
So it wasn't shown LIVE live in ths states, they got the same feed as us? Am I right here? And hey, he's Mr Becca, i'm not Mrs DC...

There actually 6 seconds ahead, but that is Pedantic!!

Its Live as in, it live with the first TX in the States, they classed it as live, so therefore its classed as live internationally.....

(The artist formally known as Roberts?!?)

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity