Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter 186 - February 3rd 2008 - The Late Edition

Guest The Great Ahmar

Guest The Great Ahmar

==================================

Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter

Issue 186 – February 3rd 2008

==================================

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6687/doodlebug12345qm5.jpg

The Editorial

DUDES! Welcome everyone, firstly I'm tired and the newsletter is very late this week, so my bad!

TWO's favourite rapscallions TEAM OTHER SPORTS get probed by moi, (It was meant to be done by Mitch but we couldn't see him online this evening and we wanted to get it done. Sorry Mitch!) TWO Member Spotlight's! Evil Gringo, Beltmark and INNO are all here too. Plus an article from Wrestling101 will take Slim Jim's place this fortnight.

Enjoy...

OMAR DAYS

--------------------------------------------------------------

Talk Wrestling Online Subscribers

Thanks to all the Talk Wrestling Online Subscribers:

A.C. + ahsatan + Anime_Otaku + BRM + Cathal + Chris2K + Chriscare + Christof + Clarkey + Darkstar + Gothic Angel + Inno + JC + Kanenite + King Reno + lafdugga + M1TCH3LL + Michael + OMAR DAYS + Omega + Prototype + Proudy + Ravenmark + Ray + Sav + Saz + Slim Jim + Telf + Twig

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/images/misc/subscriber_red.gif

Total Subscribers: 33

To find out how you can help support Talk Wrestling Online and become a subscriber see:

* Talk Wrestling Online Subscriber Scheme *

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wrestling 101 Info Centre

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/newsletter/wrestling101.gif

Talk Wrestling Online - Chatroom Information

WWE No Way Out PPV Quiz And Chat - Sunday 17th February!

Join us on Sunday 17th February from 9pm UK time for the WWE No Way Out PPV Quiz and Chat in the TWO Chatroom.

PPV Quiz

The Quiz will take place from 9-10pm in the Quiz Room. The quiz league leaderboard has been updated:

Quiz participants should pay particular attention to the history of No Way Out (along with other past wrestling events which took place in February) in order to give themselves an advantage in the quiz. The quiz will be hosted by SuperKick Kid!

Anyone can take part in the quiz, you do not need to register, just turn up in the Quiz Room at 9pm (UK Time).

This is only the 2nd quiz of the season, so its a great time to join in!

PPV Chat

The PPV Chat will take place after the quiz, from 10pm to 1am (UK Time). Talk to fellow TWO users about the PPV, and give your thoughts on each match! Discuss it in the TWO Chatrooms!

So don't miss out on a night of fun, join us for the Talk Wrestling Online WWE No Way Out Quiz and Chat! Don't forget, WWE No Way Out takes place on Sunday 17th February, and the evening's activities begin from 9pm, starting with the Quiz. We'll see you there, in the chatroom!

:good222:

Talk Wrestling Online Info Centre

MOST ACTIVE THREADS IN THE LAST 14 DAYS:

1. TWOStars Presents: BATTLE ROYAL! 30th Jan [2008] TWO Stars > Booking and Creative Forum

2. How Are You Today? [2008] [General Chat Forum]

3. WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Thread 2008 [uS Scene Forum]

4. The Results Thread [2008] [Other Sports Forum]

5. XTV 3:44 - Battle Royal w/ Cheese [TWO Stars > Booking and Creative Forum]

6. Random News Update Thread 2008 [uS Scene Forum]

7. Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2008 [uS Scene Forum]

8. Elvis Presley Opinions? [Entertainment Forum]

9. The TWO Community Picture Thread 2008 [General Chat Forum]

10. RIP Heath Ledger [Entertainment Forum]

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS IN THE LAST 7 DAYS:

1. DC

2. Nemesis Enforcer

3. John Hancock

4. Omega

5. Al Stevens

6. King Reno

7. Rog

8. Beltmark

9. M1TCH3LL

10. SuperKick Kid

LATEST POLLS:

> Who's the better heel, Edge or Orton?

> WWE.COM Poll Who was the most flamboyant?

> TWO Puro Project Voting - Part 3

> Will ECW Be Affected With A New Head Writer?

> Bond theme music

Member Spotlight

Beccakiwi

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/newsletter/member1.jpg

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/image.php?u=8403&dateline=1191603510

FORUM USERNAME

Boyo

AND HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS?

I wanted something short, memorable-ish, and easy for me to remember for when I log-in. This is also my nick-name when I play 5-a-side football.

OK, SO TWO IS A WRESTLING FORUM RIGHT? ARE YOU A HUGE, MEDIUM OR OCCASIONAL WRESTLING FAN?

Mediasional.

FAVOURITE WRESTLER AND WHY?

Texas Tornado. When I was younger I always felt slightly embarrassed cheering for the really eccentric gimmicky people like The Model, The Mountie, Undertaker, LOD and Warrior. I liked the normalish looking people who had simple-yet-ace moves, and moves of that ilk don't come much better than the 360 Tornado Punch.

Also, for ages I thought Tornado was Ultimate Warrior without his face-paint.

WHO DO YOU LOATHE AND WHY?

No one, really. Tatanka, probably.

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE NEXT BIG THING (AND DONT SAY BROCK LESNAR...HE DOESN'T COUNT)?

Erm...Cody Rhodes. I don't like flamboyant wrestlers and he's about as bland as they come. Plus his dad is booker.

WHAT THEME MUSIC WOULD YOU SAY IS YOUR FAVOURITE?

Akeem had amazing early 80's Chicago house/techno. I love his theme tune. HBK's Sexy Boy is good, as is Saliva's King of the World.

DO YOU FLAUNT THAT YOU LIKE WRESTLING?

Nah. I'm not ashamed by it though.

WWE VS TNA-CAN YOU LIKE BOTH?

I think so. I like them both.

WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE SWEET/CHOCOLATE/CANDY?

Dime Bars are nice.

TWO DINNER PARTY, YOU CAN INVITE 6 PEOPLE, WHO DO YOU INVITE?

Darkstar, Beltmark, Twiggie, Gringo, Christof and Omega.

However you said "Two Dinner Party"s, so for my other one I would invite Moobs, Taki, Weeksi, King Reno, John Hancock and Draven Cage.

CAN YOU LICK YOUR ELBOW WITH YOUR TONGUE?

Nope.

HOW ABOUT YOUR NOSE?

I can't lick with my nose.

IF YOU HAD TO EAT ONE THING, FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Chicken Kiev, Dauphinoise Potatoes, Jam Roly-Poly. (Ok, I am now REALLY hungry...)

LAST EMBARASSING THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU?

My life is quite embarrassment-free, to be honest. Some Kev in a suped-up Saxo undertook my Mustang t'other day, but my mum was a passenger in the car so I didn't race.

Actually, admitting that my mum was in my Mustang was pretty embarrassing.

WHERE DO YOU STAND ON PIERCINGS/TATTOOS?

Oh, if someone had pierced genitalia then I'd stand on that.

IF YOU COULD BE INVISIBLE FOR THE DAY, WHAT WOULD YO DO?

Silly, juvenile pranks, look at women changing, and probably sneak into the Vatican and read the long-thought-lost books.

IS THERE ANYTHING YOU'D CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF?

I'd love to change my username to "Darkstar" but it's already taken.

WHAT WAS THE LAST THING THAT REALLY MADE YOU LAUGH?

I wrote a comic strip for my magazine and must admit I was chuckling a lot when I read it back.

SUNSHINE OR RAIN?

Sunshine.

DAY OR NIGHT?

Day.

SHOWER OR BATH?

Ooooh, aren't you married!?

LOVE OR MONEY?

You spelled "of" wrong.

Heh heh, nah, it must be love, right?

GOT ANY QUESTIONS FOR ME?

Do you have a limit on how many questions I can ask? (Nope, I do not...Ask away!)

SHARE SOMETING INTERESTING WITH THE FOLKS AT HOME

Ok, will do.

Due to the lack of Darkstar, the Member Spotlight culprit will be choosing the following until a new chap/chapette is found!

MEMBER OF THE WEEK

Erm, Sparrow.

WRESTLING THREAD OF THE WEEK

"How would you Re-Package HBK?"

I know it's one of mine but I don't start many. So there!

NON-WRESTLING THREAD OF THE WEEK

"How many Five-Year Olds can you take in a Fight?"

Ace thread.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/newsletter/member1.jpg

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/members/prototype2.jpg

FORUM USERNAME - Prototype

AND HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS? - It was John Cena's OVW name and I thought it sounded good, so I blatantly stole it (and I'm still waiting for my cease and desist order from OVW!!)

OK, SO TWO IS A WRESTLING FORUM RIGHT? ARE YOU A HUGE, MEDIUM OR OCCASIONAL WRESTLING FAN? - Huge fan. Been watching for more than 25 years from the old territory days of the NWA to the current day.

FAVOURITE WRESTLER AND WHY? - I loved Ric Flair in his heyday but currently my favourite is Taker. Just an awesome presence in and out of the ring.

WHO DO YOU LOATHE AND WHY? - Booker T. Just don't like him. His matches bore me to tears.

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE NEXT BIG THING (AND DONT SAY BROCK LESNAR...HE DOESN'T COUNT)? - If given the big push, Robert Roode for TNA and I could see Chris Harris doing good things in WWE.

WHAT THEME MUSIC WOULD YOU SAY IS YOUR FAVOURITE? - Metalingus (Edge).

DO YOU FLAUNT THAT YOU LIKE WRESTLING? -I dont wear my "I luv wrestling" t-shirt everywhere I go but I don't hide the fact that I'm a fan.

WWE VS TNA-CAN YOU LIKE BOTH? Yes, and I do

WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE SWEET/CHOCOLATE/CANDY? - Chunky Peanut Butter Kitkat - is there another type of chocolate bar???

TWO DINNER PARTY, YOU CAN INVITE 6 PEOPLE, WHO DO YOU INVITE? - Beltmark, Darkstar, Naitch, Miss T, Wyndorf and MG

CAN YOU LICK YOUR ELBOW WITH YOUR TONGUE? - No

HOW ABOUT YOUR NOSE? - No, cant lick my elbow with my nose either!!

IF YOU HAD TO EAT ONE THING, FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE? - McDonalds Big Mac meal supersized.

LAST EMBARRASSING THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU? - I work for an insurance company answering telephones and I actually answered my home phone with my opening spiel that I use at work :doh32:

WHERE DO YOU STAND ON PIERCINGS/TATTOOS? - I have both, tattoo of rose on left shoulder and have my left lobe pierced twice and am currently stretching the lower piercing. gonna stretch it to about 8mm.

IF YOU COULD BE INVISIBLE FOR THE DAY, WHAT WOULD YO DO? - play practical jokes on people like moving things around without them noticing.

IS THERE ANYTHING YOU'D CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF? - I could lose a couple of stones but I'm generally happy with my lot.

WHAT WAS THE LAST THING THAT REALLY MADE YOU LAUGH? - Jeff Dunham DVD

SUNSHINE OR RAIN? - Sunshine

DAY OR NIGHT? - Day

SHOWER OR BATH? - Shower

LOVE OR MONEY? - Money

GOT ANY QUESTIONS FOR ME? Nope, can't think of anything :info7:

SHARE SOMETHING INTERESTING WITH THE FOLKS AT HOME - Be who you are, not what others want you to be.

Due to the lack of Darkstar, the Member Spotlight culprit will be choosing the following until a new chap/chapette is found!

MEMBER OF THE WEEK - Joint Members OTW - John Hancock and Beccakiwi for their Rumble wins

WRESTLING THREAD OF THE WEEK - What now Mick? by Ravenmark

NON-WRESTLING THREAD OF THE WEEK - Beadle's about... no more! by Oblong. RIP Jezza.

King's Road

Evil Gringo

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/newsletter/gringoheader.jpg

The 1990’s are seen as the most important period in Puro history…. After all this was the time that Chris Jericho wrestled in Japan

First of all before I go into the main piece I thought I’d address some news…

NJPW

El Samurai is the first casualty of the annual contract talks in the company. Tanahashi has yet to sign following his IWGP Title loss to Nakamura and has been sent several requests from Muto, his former mentor, to join All Japan.

Tenzan is set to return and has seemingly put pen to paper as has IWGP champion Nakamura and Jr. Heavyweight champion Wataru Inoue. Also signing terms with the company, at least on a short term basis is former X-Division and RoH World Champion Low Ki, now performing under his former name as Senshi is the trademarked name of his character in TNA.

The unification match has been set and to make way for it the IGF show the day before has had its main event changed from Josh Barnett v Angle to Ogawa v Bartnett – just in case Angle gets injured against the shoot fighter turned wrestler.

Yano and Makabe will get their shot at Bernard and Tomko after winning the tag team of 2007 in the Tokyo Sports Awards, despite having to put over Team 3D at the Dome and AJ Styles will take on Tanahashi in a re-match of their TNA match from a few years back…. hopefully with no Shannon Moore run in this time.

Finally on the card AKIRA & Liger of Legend-Gun will take on the new IWGP Jr. Tag champions Minoru & Devitt of RISE and Nagata takes on Hirooki Goto in a bid for both men to re-launch themselves after recent high profile losses.

NOAH

Kobashi is back for four shows this time, which is double the number he performed on the last tour and double the tour before that… so by the Summer he may be back full time at the latest.

It is also his 20th year as a wrestler this year and to celebrate this fact he will team with former allies and foes in the shape of Akiyama, Shinga and Kanemaru to take on Misawa, Ogawa, Marufuji and Mushking Terry (a.k.a. WAVE) on the 26th.

Later in the tour, the closer to be exact, their will be two big matches as Marufuji and Sugiura take on the returning Briscoe’s with the native’s GHC Tag belts on the line. Also Misawa will take on Morishima with the chairman’s GHC title on the line.

Also on the tour the Kings of Wrestling – Hero and Castagnoli – will work the tour, all of it and also so will the Briscoe’s and Takayama will be there for three matches as well.

Finally Go Shiosaki will be leaving for his excursion to the US (RoH in other words) after one final farewell match where he, Kobashi and Honda will take on Taue, Saito and Inoue on the 17th.

AJPW

It’s been a bit quite in AJPW as it tends to be between tours….

Triple Crown champion Kensuke Sasaki has demanded his next defence be against Kojima and this has been set as well as the match will decide the currently vacant AJPW Jr. Heavyweight titles as Nakajima and Silver King will once more collide in a re-match of the bout that ended up with the title’s vacation in the first place.

These matches will take place on the show held on the 1st of March. Also on that show will be the retirement match and ceremony of a certain Dory Funk Jr. which will be presented by Nishimura.

Indies

Zero-One has been dominated at the moment by a gang war of sorts as The Axe Army of a certain Omari (whose finisher is the Axe Bomber, get it?) and the Sword Army of Masato Tanaka have been colliding in the undoubted run up to an Omari v Tanaka match over the former ECW stars Z-1 World Title (which replaced the AWA title after the federation withdrew its backing to the company)

Dragon Gate held a big Primal Gate show on the 3rd which saw CIMA defeat GAMMA in a No DQ or Count Out match with his Crossfire. Afterwards GAMMA admitted defeat to CIMA and shook his hand which led to Doi kicking his Muscle Outlaw’z partner, which then lead to Yoshino coming to his aid and trying to restore peace, which unfortunately failed as Doi, the co-Twin Gate champion with Yoshino left in a huff.

Also on the show Yoshino retained his Brave Gate strap after dropping Dragon Kid with the Lightning Spiral, which was his fourth successful defence. Next up for him is Ryo Saito. Also Hulk, Shingo and Cyber Kong defeated the Triangle Gate champions K-NESS, Mochizuki and Fuji in a non-title match which lead to them calling for a shot at the Trios titles…. which offended fellow NH member YAMMOTO who left in a huff as well….

Late winter is never a good time for factions in DG.

In DDT Kota Ibushi continued his reign as Independent Jr. Champion and also became the Ironman champion in a double titles match after defeating Toba with a Face Kick.

Marufuji, Kotaro Suzuki and Morishima all wrestled on the AAA La Evolution show in Mexico as well with Suzuki and Mori teaming up with Abismo Negro to take on Chessman, Charly Manson and Maru in a match that ended with Maru pinning Negro after a Shiranui…

Now onto the Main Event!

Critical Acclaim

Now the thing about the title, Critical Acclaim is that, well there isn’t enough of it banded around these days. Everyone wants to look to the negative and even though will praise the standard of the matches of a show in Japan they will then declare that despite this the show hasn’t drawn and wrestling is dying in the East.

But the fact is people love to say how vital and important the 90’s was in Japan as it saw the rise of the two companies to a level that verged on WWE’s domestic success with fast selling spin off computer games and figures etc, etc….

See that the thing, people often give this period in wrestling a vast amount of credit and say it was the most important time ever in Puro…

But it’s not THAT important…

The 1970’s for instance saw Baba and Inoki break away and form the twin peaks of NJPW and AJPW. It saw the death of the old superpowers of Japanese wrestling, most notably the home of Rikidozan, the JWA.

This time saw the debut of Fujinami, Choshu, Tenryu, Koshinaka, Hirata (a.k.a. Super Strong Machine), Hiro Saito, Kengo Kimura, Jumbo Tsuruta and many more.

These people formed the back bone of the cards that where dominated by Inoki in NJPW and in AJPW the likes of Jumbo and Tenryu helped replace Baba at the top as he grew older before having the first ever big name and drawing native v native feud which changed Japanese wrestling for ever.

The 1980’s saw the debut of Muto, Chono and Hashimoto as well as Liger, Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Taue oh hell, lots of wrestlers vitally important to the 1990’s actually started wrestling on shows back in the mid to late 80’s, learning vital lessons from the other older stars before breaking through in the next decade. It also saw that first ever vital native v native feud take place in AJPW. It saw the formation of the Triple Crown, the establishment of the IWGP Heavyweight, Junior Heavyweight and tag titles, the formation of the Double Cup titles in AJPW as well…

It was the decade that saw the biggest drawing card in history take place as Ric Flair took on Inoki in the ‘Wrestle for Peace’ festival in front of 150,000 fans… that’s 57,000 more then the claimed (that’s right claimed not actual according to reports) attendance of WrestleMania III, Andre v Hogan, the biggest Supercard ever in US Wrestling history in terms of attendance.

Then of course comes the decade we are in at the moment, the first decade of the new millennium no less.

This decade so far has seen the formation of a break away federation from AJPW in Pro Wrestling NOAH, the result of which ended up with a former NJPW wrestler taking over as the president of the company no less. Also it meant a return to the company by Tenryu who had left in 1992 to form SWS which later became WAR and in return had led to Baba’s vow that he would never be allowed to return… this of course ended when Baba died and his widow no less allowed him to not only return in the wake of the NOAH defecation but become the Triple Crown champion.

It also the rise of MMA in Japan and as a result joint MMA/Puro cards held by NJPW with shoot wrestlers with no previous pro wrestling experience becoming the IWGP champion such as Bob Sapp. It also led to the first and possibly only duel IWGP and Triple Crown champion in Kojima, something thought unthinkable in the time of Baba.

It saw the break up of the Three Musketeer’s in Chono, Muto and Hashimoto which led to Hash’s death at the age of 40 due to a brain haemorrhage. Behind Inoki and Rikidozan, Hash was the biggest main event star in terms of drawing in Japan ever and it led to the death of Zero-One and its re-birth as Zero-One MAX later in the same year.

It has also been the decade with the most inter-promotional feuds with… Z-1 v NJPW, Z-1 v AJPW, NJPW v AJPW, NJPW v NOAH, NOAH v Dragon Gate, NJPW v K1, APACHE Pro v NJPW, Z-1 v NOAH and many more….

It has seen the longest reign ever by a GHC, IWGP or Triple Crown Champion as well as the longest reign’s by an IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champion, IWGP Tag champions and IWGP Jr Tag champions. That’s right, ever.

It saw Brock Lesnar become the first man to be both the IWGP and WWE/F champion in the course of a career ever and the re-start of the NJPW/NWA working relationship which then led to the TNA v NJPW friendly war and co-operation.

But the main problem has been despite all these firsts and pieces of history the gates have been the worst in Japan in decades, in fact the worst since the death of Rikidozan which saw Puro tainted with a Yakuza brush it nearly never recovered from and that is the main problem when people look on this decade in terms of its importance and quality.

In wrestling a promotion and wrestler is always looked upon with glowing eyes if the money is flowing. If you do not draw money and interest then it seen almost automatically that nothing of true importance is happening, after all if it was the Yen would be flowing in right?

The fact is the decline started in the late 90’s and has continued from there with the problems inherited from that decade carrying on like a bad legacy. All the problems that Puro has can be traced back to this time…

NJPW embracing shoot style - 1990’s

Generation gap causing a stagnation of talent and overlapping of opportunities – 1990’s

Pushes of talent too younger and the subsequent over exposure of talent at a younger age – 1990’s

The fact is Puro right now has gone through a decade that in twenty years time will be seen as one that defined the wrestling landscape in the east. It has seen SO much happen that never had a chance to occur before good and bad that has led to an industry that even in adversity and apparent decline has still churned out the best matches on a more consistent basis then anywhere in the world and the most exciting environment for news and stories since WCW in it’s death spiral, although this time with some good news nuggets as well as the bad.

However due to the fact that rose tinted glasses have not been afforded it due to a lack of vast amounts of money being pulled in, well it is sad that it may take fans that long to see just how important and deserving of critical acclaim this era has truly been…

Until next time Puro-heads...

Also please check out OMARS Puro Project in the International Scene if you want to learn more on the subject of Japanese wrestling... OMAR NEEDS YOU!

Inno's BIIIG Question

Inno

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/newsletter/inno2.jpg

The BIIIIIIIIIIIG Question

Well, hello. It's that time once again, like it or not, for the BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG question. This time, we're going all philosophical and arty-farty. I want to know this:

What is the meaning of life?

Oh, and NOBODY is allowed to say 42. That's been done, 'kay? :)

Why do you always give me the easy ones????

Meaning of life huh?

I believe we are here to learn a lesson that we take back with us when we leave the planet to become wholer beings.

But that's just me.

Is wholer even a word? And do you have any Kool-Aid?

To Crush your enemies' date=' see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.[/quote']

... and become Governor of California?

The meaning of life is to gain total happiness. The only way to achieve this is by sending all of your money to Superkick Kid. PM me for a confidential address' date=' to which you can send me your money. Feel free to also send credit cards and anything else in your name. Sign the deed to your house over to me, whatever you feel like. :xyx[/quote']

And if that works, I'll have 10% for allowing you to use this column to work that magic...

That's err tricky......to drink and be drunk?!

I like that! Sounds good to me!

It's a 1983 movie written and performed by Monty Python.

Arf!

~~~~~~ AVAST! ~~~~~~

~~~~~~ AVAST! ~~~~~~

A Blast From The Past

Beltmark

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/newsletter/beltmarkheader.jpg

The Road to WrestleMania TM has begun with a bang, the 'severely injured' John Cena returned to WWE at the Royal Rummmmmmble with the No. 30 slot and fought for 3 hard minutes to secure his place in the main event of...No Way Out? Hmmm...anyways, somebody has to get the title off Orton before WrestleMania, I mean WWE wants to draw a few buys, right? Surely.

So, with WrestleMania 24 fast approaching, I thought I'd look back 20 years at WrestleMania IV....then decided against it and chose WMVIII. Indeed.

WrestleMania VIII, held is the then-Hoosier Dome on April 5, 1992 was really the last WM of the Hulkamania era in the World Wrestling Federation. (Yes, I know he was at WMIX you pedantic bast*rds)

At the time, the WWF was in severe trouble gaining horrible press for the Gulf War angle the year before and the huge steroid controversies that were rocking the foundations of the industry in general, so when the WWF announced it had booked the 65,000 seat Hoosier Dome in Indianapolis, IN, people (specifically industry 'insiders' like Meltzer and Keller) laughed, claiming the Fed had no chance of filling even 1/4 of the building.

With the weeks passing leading into the PPV, they were being proven correct. The event tickets werent selling, at all. With 2 weeks to go, the WWF had sold only 16,000 tickets and, without a backup building planned like they had for WMVII, WWF were looking at running Hulk Hogans retirement and the biggest show of the year in front of a pretty empty arena.

The matches announced hardly grasped the publics attention. Hogan vs Flair for the WWF Title is what people wanted, what people had waiting YEARS to see, and they were robbed of it when Hogan and Vince decided to get him out of the WWF for a while during the steroids deal. So, Flair vs Savage and Hogan vs Sid Justice in his retirement were what we had on offer, and the fans werent buying it.

Hogans public image had been tarnished and people in general were a little tired of seeing him at that stage (and 16 years on, they cant get enough of him...ha! Fickle fickle poeple) and the thought of him retiring might have been something they were hoping for! His opposition, Sid, hadnt been in the WWF for more than a cup of coffee so their conflict lacked history, backstory or anything that makes people want to see a match. Infact, the best part of the build-up was seeing Sid smash up the Barber Shop and, in the process, get a face-full of talc and having to start there cutting a promo looking like a powdered doughnut.

Savage vs Flair had a semi-decent build with Flair proclaiming to be in possession of nude pics of Liz and the promise to flash them on the big screen in the Dome, staplemarks and all. Still, it wasnt driving the people into the building.

A last ditch effort on the final week with the WWF wrestlers and crew buying shedloads of media coverage and advertising along with ALOT of personal appearance by top stars saw a MASSIVE surge in ticket sales, eventually the final figure was 62,167 fans in the building, which may be fabricated as WWE love to do, but that 65,000 building was PACKED, so I'd say the figure seemed correct.

The worry of an empty building behind them, the WWF had to concentrate of building stars for the future with the impending 'retirement' of their biggest ever superstar in Hogan. If you go back and watch the event, you will see the younger guys getting wins over the older guys who had been the top dogs in the WWF for so long.

Shawn Michaels went over WWF mainstay and former IC and tag titlist Tito 'El Matador' Santana. Tatanka went over former tag champ Rick Martel. Undertaker went over long time WWF megastar Jake Roberts. Bret Hart went over the previously unpinned Roddy Piper for the IC title.

At the time, most likely didnt know or realise, but we were witnessing all the new crop of stars taking the torches from the guys who had been on top of the WWF for so many years. It was a visual changing of the guard and so blatant that nobody realised.

WMVIII will always be one of my favourites due to it being the final appearance for so many of my favourites (beit forever or for a certain amount of time), the return of the Ultimate Warrior, the final WM with Gorilla and Heenan on commentary and so on. The era I grew up loving came to and end at that PPV, with Real American playing us off the air and the Hulkster and Warrior posing in the ring.

I dont think I realised it as I watched it, but my beloved WWF had sang its swansong and would turn into the WWF's 'New Generation' over the next 12 months. Dark times were ahead, but at least WMVIII sent us off with a bang.

Open Mic...

Of course as we all know, the most beloved gimmick, and most well-known in wrestling is the steel cage match. It started with your standard steel fence grate, then the WWE gave it an upgrade with the big blue cage. Which, to be honest, I liked the most. I felt that that was truly a steel cage, not just a fence. Well, the WWE once again innovated what most thought couldn't be added to with the Hell in a Cell. From that point, you'd think there wasn't very much you could do. Well, the E proved us wrong again, and by E, I mean Eric. Eric Bischoff. He came up with the Elimination Chamber.

An extraordinarily large, ominous, structure. Like Hell in the Cell, it isn't attached to the ring, it sits outside of it. Unlike the Cell, it has platforms that connect the cage to the ring. So if you're sent out of the ring, you're sent out into steel. It's completely made up of steel chain, and steel beams. Inside are, you guessed it, chambers. four of them to be exact. Depending on the match, the four wrestlers inside will come out at different time intervals. So, you've got six wrestlers, two start, and every 3,4,5 minutes another wrestler will enter. There you go. I think it's an underrated style of match. With this year's line-up, I think we stand to see the best one yet. Yeah, and that includes JBL. He's a god-awful wrestler, but in a hardcore environment, with another really good wrestler, he can actually achieve something. So I'm looking forward to this.

I started writing this article about 2 weeks ago, after having a discussion with my brother that it'd been awhile since we saw the Elimination Chamber, and it was probably due sometime. Well, low-and-behold. This February's No Way Out PPV will mark the 5th WWE Elimination Chamber, 6 if you count the horrible ECW one, but we don't. Now, although the Chamber is really cool, it doesn't make a great match all on it's own, it's all about what guys you insert. If you've got a great cast of wrestlers, you're gonna have quite the event, if you were to watch this in WCW circa 2000, you'd wonder why you weren't given the alternative of an barbwire catheter.

But, let us get started, shall we?

Triple H [C] vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho vs. Booker T vs. Kane vs. Shawn Michaels

WWE Survivor Series 2002 - Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship

Your Hosts: Jim Ross & Jerry 'The King' Lawler

Wrestler's Time Intervals: 5 Minutes

The Match: Ah, our first ever Elimination Chamber, and HBK's second match in 4 years. Quick question though, why the hell is he wearing cowboy boots and generic wrestling pants? Is that some part of being born again, dressing like an idiot? *shrugs* At least he isn't wearing those heart-shaped sun-glasses.

RVD & Triple H to start. Rather quickly, RVD has Triple on the outside grate, and busts him open. He then lays him down on the outside, and does a sick Rolling-Thunder over the top rope onto the game. RVD attempts a Frog-Splash off the top of a chamber, but Jericho is a meanie and pulls his legs down. Triple H jumps up and tries to catch some offence, which he does, but he catches RVD's rights and lefts. He gets knocked to the grate, and once he stands up he finds RVD doing a mid-air summersault right into him.

First Entry: Chris Jericho

Second Entry: Booker T

Rob finally goes for the 5 Star off the chamber, however, the ceiling was too close and it just looked as if he fell off. In turn it messed up his knee, and Booker T got the pin.

First Eliminated: RVD

Third Entry: Kane

I'm really not much for huge guys, such as Nathan Jones, and Kane. I find them boring, slow, and seemingly incapable of wrestling. [exceptions to Abyss, who is one of my favourite wrestlers]. However, matches like this cater to the strengths, no matter how few they be. It shows when Kane does things like throwing Jericho through the Plexiglas. Kane seemed like such a better wrestler back in the day. Maybe it was his jeri-curl wig that kept him decent. Samson style…

Second Eliminated: Booker

Pedigree, Superkick-, Lionsault, That's what we have to do to earn the pin of Kane.

Third Eliminated: Kane

We have a bloody Jericho, Shawn, and Triple H left. Triple H hits Jericho with a clothesline that sounds like a gunshot. Then he gives Triple H his receipt soon after by slapping him in the Walls of Jericho and not letting go until Shawn Michaels makes the save with the Superkick.

Last Eliminated: Chris Jericho

It's a shame he had to be eliminated, I truly felt he was the MVP of this match and carried the whole thing. Triple H hits a catapult and sends Shawn face first through the plexi. Pretty cool image, Shawn all mangled, laying a pile of plexi. The one goddamn time it actually looks like a car-crash, and he doesn't say anything about it. Shawn climbs to the top of the chamber, hoping he has a better faring than RVD. He does. Lands the elbow from about 15 feet up. Shawn aims to tune up the band, Triple with the reverse, Pedigree! Pin gets 2, and Triple H goes nuts. He goes back to the well again, Shawn with the backflip, superkick, pin

Winner and new World Heavyweight Champion: Shawn Michales

The Analysis: Nobody saw this coming, and it earned a huge pop at Suvivor Series. Everyone thought the match at Summerslam was a one time deal, and then thought perhaps this would be just for a pop in ratings. So the fact he won was pretty goddamn cool. Triple H ended up with an injury to his larynx, and spent 30 hours in a NY hospital. Everyone brought their A game here, and I truly enjoyed it. It was about 40 minutes long, and a true corner-to-corner war. It's a shame RVD didn't stay in longer, because he was magic for quite a while.

The Rating: * * * *

Triple H [C] vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton vs. Kevin Nash vs. Goldberg

WWE Summerslam 2003 - Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship

Your Hosts: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler

Wrestler's Time Intervals: 3 minutes

The Match: Jericho and Shawn start this match out. They lock up, then break. Another lock-up, Jericho into a head-lock, turns it into an arm-bar and Shawn reverses that into an arm-bar of his own, then Jericho reverses it. Shawn hits some elbows, comes off the rope, elbow, then off the rope into a cross-body, Jericho flips it into a pin, then another roll up pin, each get 2. Head-scissors into a bridge-pin, back up, Jericho with a boot to shawn. Irish whip, sunset flip, Jericho sits on Shawn, pin get's 2. Jericho slaps Shawn, whom then returns the favour. He whips Jericho and turns it into a back-body drop. Both back up, Jericho's head into the turnbuckle, Irish whip into the buckle, Jericho rushes, Shawn leaps over, Jericho grabs him and turns it into the Walls. Out of that, bulldog, misses the Lion Sault, both back up, Jericho takes down Shawn with a clothesline.

New Entry: Randy Orton

He enters with a high cross body to HBK. Whips Shawn, then executes a drop-kick, followed by clothesline Shawn to the outside. Jericho comes up with some chops, whips, mises the closeline, Randy slugs him and delivers his own style of backbreaker. Pin attempt gets two. Shawn punches both Jericho and Randy, whips Jericho who kicks a waiting Shawn, then enzuigiri. Randy creeps up and dropkicks Chris, followed by laying the boots to him. Seriously, Jericho sees more boot soles than the ground of a death march. Jericho bodydrops Randy to the steel grating. He follows out and bodyslams Randy to the grate, back in, Shawn tries a drop-kick but it gets caught midway and turned into the Walls.

New Entry: Kevin Nash

He enters, clubs Randy and sends him into the steel. Clubs Jericho down and clotheslines him to the outside. He then follows, picks up Jericho and lawn-darts Jericho 3 times into the steel. Back in, Randy climbs on-top of Shawn with the fists. Nash then grates Jericho's head into the chains before throwing him back in the ring. Nash grabs Randy and delivers his sidewalk slam. Pin attempt gets 2. Nash picks up Shawn, checks on him, then clotheslines him for the 2 count. Irish whip, misses two clotheslines and finally lands an elbow. Nash whips Jericho and gives him the boot, he goes for the Jack-knife but gets a superkick from Shawn. Pin 1-2-3

Eliminated: Kevin Nash

Well, that was quick. But honestly, I thought it fit. Nash came in and cleaned house. I really liked his involvement. All men are laid out.

New Entry: Triple H

Just as he's coming out, Shawn superkicks him back in. Pretty awesome. Nash is back up, and pissed. He Jackknifes Jericho, smashes Randy's head into Shawn's, then delivers another knife to Randy. He leaves the place with bodies laying all over the ring. Really well played. Crowd seems to be teeming for Goldberg. As it is, both Jericho and Shawn are busted open. HBK goes to pin Randy, gets a 2. Tries to pin Jericho, he puts his foot on the ropes. HBK is the first up, then Randy, then Jericho. Shawn punches Randy, he does the same, then Jericho decks Shawn, all 3 men wobble. Jericho gets put down, then Randy gets put down.

Last Entry: Goldberg

He enters. Slugs Randy, Jericho, and Shawn. He lays out all 3 men. Picks up Randy in a gorilla press drops him into a Alabama Slammer type move. Pretty cool. Jericho and Shawn double-team Goldberg but get double-clotheslines for their effort. Goldberg spears Orton and get's a 3.

Eliminated: Randy Orton

Jericho missile-dropkicks Goldberg but gets 2. Back up, Goldberg grabs Jericho in a gorilla-press and sends him flying into the chains. Shawn decks Bill and attempts to whip, only to have Goldberg reverse it and send him flying into the buckle. Jericho tries to get up, but once he does, he gets speared into the Plexiglas and sent through it. I gotta say, I don't like Goldberg, but he's looking totally awesome here. Back in, Shawn lays him out with a punch, then drops a top-rope elbow. He strikes up the band, superkick ducked, spear, and we get a jack-hammer.

Eliminated: Shawn Michaels

Jericho is back in, only to get a spear and a jack-hammer.

Eliminated: Chris Jericho

Leaving only Triple H and Goldberg. Triple H hasn't left the chamber, and has Ric close it. It's so f'ning funny. Ric is pressed up against the security barrier with his feet on the cage door, flipping off Goldberg. Well, if they won't open the door, break it down. Goldberg does just that, again, looking like a bad-ass. Which is VERY hard for me to say. He beats on Triple H, and finally gets him to come outta the cage. Slams his head into the steel a couple of times, opening him up, then goes for the grate. Triple H finally mounts some offence, slamming Goldberg's head into the chains. Tries a whip, but gets reversed into a clothesline. Both men in the ring now, Goldberg sets up for the spear, but Ric has handed Triple H the sledgehammer. Goldberg goes for the spear, but Triple H moves to the right and clubs Goldberg with the hammer, for the 1-2-3.

Winner and still champ: Triple H

The Analysis: See, the reasons I like this is because it's just a plain and simple fun match. Triple H played the part of the chicken-**** heel perfectly. He hid out in the cage until everyone was gone, then used a weapon to cheat in the end. Granted, I know he had an injury and that is why he had limited involvement, but they dealt with it well. They did a fine job of hiding people's weakness' and using their strengths, such as Nash. He didn't go long, and just kicked the hell outta people. Once he was eliminated, he beat the hell outta everybody. Jericho and Shawn carried the match because of how awesome they are, and Randy did his part. Once Goldberg came in, he just killed. I've never liked him, but this match fits him perfectly. Slamming people through the glass, breaking it himself to fetch Triple H, just some smart ****. Really, a very nice match.

Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Batista vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton / Special Guest Ref - Shawn Michaels

WWE New Years Revolution 2005 - Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship

Your Hosts: Jim Ross, Jerry 'The King' Lawer & Johnathan 'I Must Be Sleeping With The Right People' Coachmen

Wrestler's Time Intervals: 5 Minutes

In this match, the World Heavyweight title appears to be vacant. So we get the 6 men best fit for it to fight it out. This is all shortly after Evolution kicked Randy out of it for winning the World Heavy Weight Title. It's also great because this is the start of Batista's rise. He gets a huge pop, and has obviously improved his skills drastically in the ring. This is probably the best group up of men ever in the chamber.

The Match: Jericho starts if off by putting Benoit in a headlock, followed by a take down. Back up, they lock together and Jericho elbows Benoit in the gut. They chop each other and Benoit whips Jericho, on the way back he clotheslines him to the ground. Back up, he rocks Jericho's head into the turnbuckle, then a whip. Jericho fights back and serves up some chops of his own, followed by a whip, he rushes but gets a boot to the face. Jericho is down, Benoit tries the sharpshooter, Chris reverses and tries the Walls, Benoit pushes him off. Jericho bounces off the ropes and then gets a German suplex. Jericho back up, tries to take down Benoit and use the Walls, but Benoit doesn't let it happen. He chops Jericho, comes off the ropes but it gets turned against him with a clothesline. Jericho picks him up and drops him with a suplex, 2 count. Jericho punts Benoit in the ribs, then heads to the top turnbuckle. Benoit knocks him down, then chops him, he climbs up with him and superplexes him off the rope.

New Entry: Triple H

He starts if off by pummelling Benoit in the corner, then lays the boots. He picks him up and whips him to the corner very aggressively. He then whips Jericho and gives him a high-knee. Picking Benoit back up, he whips him the same as he did before and attempts a pin. 2 count. Jericho boots Triple H and works the rights and lefts, to the corner, now some chops. Whip to the corner, Triple H bounces out and clotheslines Jericho down. Picking Benoit back up, he tosses him to the outside grate and follows suit. He picks Benoit back up and sends him face first into the chains. Back in the ring, H picks up Jericho and sends him to the grates as well. He goes back towards Benoit, who's now busted open, and drives his knuckles into the wound. Triple H picks up Benoit, and again sends him face first into the steel. Pin attempt gets 2. H tries a Pedigree, but Jericho clotheslines the hell outta him, then rocks the right fists on him. Off the ropes, Triple H bounces up and tries a Pedigree, but Jericho back-drops him to the grates. Apparently, causing great pain. Jericho follows Triple H to the outside. He grabs Trip's legs and lifts him upward, causing Triple H's head to crash onto the grated steel. Jericho back in, lends Triple H a hand and suplexes him back in. Pin attempt gets 2. Jericho starts work on Benoit again, but he works his own offence with a serious chop. He follows that up with a quick elbow, and a swinging neckbreaker.

New Entry: Edge

He comes in and attacks both Benoit and Jericho. He sends Jericho to the corner and spears him, followed by Triple H. He picks up H again and gives him the Edgeucution. Pin attempt gets 2. Edge attacks Benoit, whips him then rocks the belly-over-the-head suplex. Edge starts to work on H again, rights and lefts, whips him and executes the back-body drop. Jericho comes outta no where with a drop kick and pin attempt on H. Gets 2. Back up, Jericho bounces off the second rope and drop-kicks Edge something fierce. Back in, Jericho sends Benoit off the ropes and crashes his knee into Benoit's stomach. Jericho goes back out to Edge, only to have Edge lowblow him and catapult him into the chains. Triple H back, executes an atomic drop, and pushes Edge into the chains. Pedigree attempt gets blocked, then he's catapulted into the chains. Edge climbs the rope and rocks a flying clothesline on a busted open Benoit. Pin attempt gets 2. Jericho's showing red now. Benoit goes for the crossface, but Edge doesn't let it happen. He baseball slide dropkicks Benoit's ribs, only to have Jericho run in and do an running enzuigiri. Pin attempt gets 2. Jericho decks Triple H, and works some forearms. Off the rope, it's reversed and Triple H delivers the spinebuster to Jericho. Pin attempt gets 2. Benoit works edge. Nothernlights suplex only gets a 2. Jericho misses a haymaker and Triple H lands the Pedigree.

New Entry: Randy Orton

Randy comes out, decks Edge, sends him to the steel. Leaps off the top rope and cross-body-blocks Triple H followed by a flurry of fists. He sends him to the corner and beats a mudhole into him. Back up, he sends Triple H out to the grate, and continues the assault. Triple H is then sent headfirst into the chains, and thrown back in. Randy pummels H to the outside again and smashes Triple H's forehead into the black steel. Throwing him back in, Randy whips and powerslams Triple H. Jericho shows his face and gets an RKO for his trouble. He tries the same with Benoit, but he counters into the Crossface. Benoit lets go and slaps Triple H in the sharpshooter. Randy back up, rocks Benoit with the RKO. Edge sets up Orton for the spear, he ducks and Edge hits HBK. He finally hits his target, Orton, but there's no ref. Edge tries to wake him up, yelling at Shawn, but gets a Superkick for his trouble. Jericho hits the Lionsault, and a pin.

First Eliminated: Edge

Triple H goes for the Pedigree, but Benoit grabs him and rocks 3 German suplexes. He calls for the Flying Head-butt. But not from the top rope, the top of the chamber. He flies across the ring and lands on Triple H, who is then put into the Walls by Jericho. Is that enough? No. Benoit slaps him into the Crossface as well. Easily the coolest combo ever.

Last Entry: Batista

He enters, slams down Jericho, then Benoit. He beats on Benoit and whips him, shoulder block. Boot to Jericho, then sends him to the outside. Followed by Benoit. Randy rushes him but gets a spinebuster for his troubles. He faces Triple H, it seems like it might go down, but before we get an answer, he's swarmed. Benoit and Orton work Batista. Double whip gets a single clothesline from Batista. He then finds Jericho and gorilla-press-slams him into a camera man. He grabs Benoit and powerslams him. JR then says Batista in the oddest way ever..almost as if he were a Latin woman. Orton leaps on Batista and pummels him. Back up, he lays the boot along with Benoit. Jericho rolls up Orton, gets 2. Randy works Jericho in the corner, Benoit works Batista in the other. Triple H comes around and attacks Orton, throwing him to the outside. He follows and throws him into the chains. Jericho comes from nowhere and bulldogs Triple H face-first into the grate. Ow. On the other side, Batista throws Benoit into the chains, picks him up for a lawndart, but Benoit slips off and shoves Batista into the wall. Triple H is now busted after the bulldog. He gets back into the ring, then falls in the middle, Ric Flair style. Batista is back up, stomping on Benoit. Benoit gets back up and tries to fight off Batista with chops, he gets a spinebuster for his trouble. Then Batista grabs Jericho and does the same atop Benoit. He then covers the Wolverine.

Second Eliminated: Chris Benoit

Batista goes back to working on Jericho, as Triple H deals with Orton. Batista whips Jericho, but Jericho boots, then chops, off the ropes, Batista misses the clothesline, but catches Jericho's cross-body block. He slams him to the ground, then goes for the Batista bomb. A cover earns him another point.

Third Eliminated: Chris Jericho

It doesn't look good for Orton now. Triple H rushes him, but Orton backbody drops him, then fends off Batista. Triple H grabs Orton by the legs and catapults him into the wall busting his face open. H clotheslines Orton back in, as Batista starts to go to work on him. He holds up Orton for Triple H, who then slaps Orton to the ground and both men take turns stomping him. Batista works the boots, then picks up Orton for a powerslam. Pin attempt gets 2, surprisingly. H whips Orton for a spinbuster, gets 2. Whip again, clothesline, another cover and another 2 count. A frustrated Triple H vents his anger at Shawn. Batista gets down and pummels Orton. They set him back up and Orton starts to fight off both ment, rights lefts, lefts rights. He fights H into the corner then works Batista. Batista goes for the bomb, but Orton lowblows and rocks the RKO. Pin attempt gets the 3.

Fourth Eliminated: Batista

Triple H comes from behind and knocks down Orton. He picks him back up and sends him to the outside. He tries the ol' face to grate, but Orton blocks and successfully does so to Triple H. Orton calls for the RKO and lands it. Batista distracts Shawn, which brings in Ric, who distracts Shawn, so then Batista can spear Orton. Triple H turns Orton over, and picks him up for the Pedigree. He lands it for the one-two-three.

Winner and new World Heavyweight Champion: Triple H

The Analysis: Another great Chamber. Most consider this one the best, and it's hard to disagree. It had the perfect 6 man combination. We had the storylines between Edge and Shawn, along with Orton seeking revenge against Triple H, despite the deck being stacked against him. Jericho and Benoit were thrown into the mix to bring up just the pure wrestling aspect of it. It wasn't a match with an easy to predict finish. There was a good thought that Orton could do this. He'd proven himself before. An awesome match, very brutal and just all out fun to watch.

John Cena [C] vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters vs. Carlito vs. Kane

WWE New Years Revolution 2006 - Elimination Chamber for the WWE Championship

Your Hosts: Joey Styles, Jerry 'The King' Lawler & Johnathan Coachman

Wrestler's Time Intervals: 4 Minutes

The Match: Cena and Shawn to start. This seems to be the beginning of when Cena was being booed. Shawn catches a sick elbow from Cena, sent some spit flying. Although it's a little hokey, and over the top, I've always enjoyed Shawn selling the kicks when he lays atop the turnbuckle.

First Entry: Carlito. Who spits a ton of apple on the glass. Gnarly.

I wasn't watching wrestling during this time, so I never understood why people could ever be behind Carlito. I see now, because he's rocking some ****. After taking out Cena, he does a no hands summer-sault-flip over the top rope onto Shawn and the steel grate. Nice jumping reverse side-Russian-leg-sweep. Carlito was controlling the match for a bit, then gets cocky and catches a flap-jack from both Shawn and Cena.

Second Entry: Kurt Angle

He hits the match with fire. Release German Suplex for Shawn, Carlito, Cena, Shawn again, Carlito again, Cena one more time. It's a battlefield once Kurt hits. Belly to belly over the top rope for Shawn, release German to the steel for Carlito, now he goes to work on Cena. Goddammit, he's the man. I wish he'd never left and became crapped on at TNA. He delivers the first catapult to the wall on Shawn, causing him to bust wide open. He racks Shawn into the plexiglas, smearing his blood all over it. Carlito reverses the Angle Slam, tries a reverse DDT, Angle reverses that into the Angle Lock.

Third Entry: Chris Masters

Why the F**K is he in this match? It's not 1985. This guy is useless. He cleans house like...well, like any fresh guy could who comes in attacking people who've been fighting for almost 20 minutes inside a steel cage. So, f him. Angle reverses the Masterlock into the Angle Lock, Cena tries the FU, of course, the man, Angle, reverses that into the same lock as before. *sigh*....but then Shawn comes along and mucks it up with a super-kick.

First Eliminated: Kurt Angle

Why.....why not Masters? Is his roided up, no-f**king-use-in-a-match ass just too valuable? Kurt enters a match, it damn near goes up 2 full stars just for it. Oh well, at least he went on to face Taker in 2006's MOTY at No Way Out. Anyways, enough of my well deserved bitching, let's get back to the match. Carlito and Masters worked out an alliance of sorts, so they're double-teaming both Cena & Shawn.

Last Entry: Kane

Thankfully he comes in to rock Masters and Carlito. Well, I just want him to beat up Masters, he's dragging this match down. Kane hits one of the highest chokeslams I've ever seen on Cena. Carlito hits the Back Stabber on Kane. Sick move. Kane's right back up. They give him a double-DDT, puts him down...for a couple seconds. Masters tries to gorilla press slam Carlito onto Kane, but can barely get him half way up. Double-pin on Kane.

Second Eliminated: Kane

Although pretty beat up, Cena and Shawn manage to start mounting offence against the alliance of Carlito and the Masterpiece. Shawn single handily takes'em both out. Shawn rocks the Sweet Chin Music on Cena, but can't get the pin because The Alliance feels it'd be better to beat him up than pin the champion. *shrugs* They work Shawn, Carlito hits uh....A sort of reverse Twist of Fate, I guess, and pins Shawn.

Third Eliminated: Shawn Michaels

Cena is able to dig up a second wind and start whipping both men. Hits a 5 Knuckle on Carlito. Goes for the FU, but Masters has something to say about that. Throws Cena out onto the grate. Then eventually hits a DDT on the grate, which, I bet my money has stuck Cena pretty well. Ooh, my crystal ball is clear tonight. Both guys go to work on Cena once back in, so it's looking pretty bleak. I don't mean for Cena, but for the fans, because there's a chance that Masters could be champ. *shudders* Masters hits the lamest move ever, the Masterlock. Carlito then pulls the sneaky and rolls up Masters.

Fourth Eliminated: Chris Masters

Cena takes advantage of this and rolls up Carlito

Your winner and still WWE Champ: John Cena

ooh, but it's not over. Edge, being a f**king brilliant heel has cashed in his MITB he won at WM21. Edge comes out, and basically destroys Cena for his first WWE Title win. Awesome.

The Analysis: The first time I saw this one, I wasn't too impressed. But looking back, it's my favourite one. With the exception of Masters, you had an awesome cast. These types of matches are perfect for normal duds like Kane. It's a shame that Kurt was eliminated so quickly, because he could have brought this match to a 5 star probably if he'd stuck around. However, everyone else, except Masters, did an awesome job and really brought it. The ending was EXTREMELY anti-climactic. 2 roll ups in 6 seconds? Yawn. But I suppose they made up for it with Edge coming out and cashing in to win the title. Oh, and King has the line of the night, in reference to Edge and Lita "Well, you know what they say; Behind every successful man.......is a slut"

The Rating: * * * * 1/4th

Caliber Winfield

Shopping Navigator

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/newsletter/shoppingnavigator.gif

Shopping online in the UK? A great way for you to help support Talk Wrestling Online is if you use - Shopping Navigator!

With over 100 online UK stores listed and forums with special offers and discount voucher codes, don’t shop without visiting here first!

Stores listed include: Play, Amazon, Argos, WHSmiths, Debenhams, NEXT, JDSports, Woolworths, Comet, Dixons, Currys, Dabs, Jessops, PC World, The Link, Laithwaiths, Oddbins, iTunes, GAME and LOTS MORE!

Please bookmark it and let your friends/family know about it.

* UK SHOPPING *

Final Thoughts

So that wraps it up for another edition of the Newsletter. As always thanks for reading and thanks to everyone who contributed to the Newsletter this fortnight. Have a safe fortnight :xyx

Newsletter Editor:

OMAR DAYS

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/newsletter/footer2.jpg

Contributors

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this issue of the TWO Newsletter:

NEXT EDITION: Out on Sunday 17th Febuary

Edited by Paul

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dpddave

Did you just quote the whole f**king newsletter!!!

Best probe ever! Who would of thought moobs would have enjoyed been probed so much by someone other than Jeff Hardy.......

For the love of god, why did you just quote that ENTIRE thing?!?

Meh newsletter, not the best ive read, quite possibly the worst i'm afraid. I enjoy the Probe but when Mitch does it, he is FAR better and the answers wouldn't have come across as 2 sad little boys wanting to make people feel like crap. Pathetic-expected better from Wolvie and Moobs...

Pathetic-expected better from Wolvie and Moobs...
I didn't. A few months ago, yes, I would have, but not now. It seems that they've got a huge chip on their shoulders and have taken to insulting people for the sake of it.

Even though I disagree with some of the stuff ol' Moobs and Wolverine said about ol' Starkdar, Christof, Beltermeister and the suchlike...

Crumbs, it was funny! :lol

And that's why he gets invited to my dinner party, and I'm not just using him to get to his sister.

Cheers!

Well, that felt unnecessary and another chance for Wolvie to air his grievances about people. I still don't know what I actually did to him to make him dislike me so much but there you go. It's bullsh*t really, I never reported a post from Wolverine, I never asked for him to be banned and I never had a problem with him until all this started.

I don't like the site at the moment, I try to run the E-fed as best as possible and logging on to find yet again I'm being abused verbally by Wolverine is ruining it for me. Boo hoo I'm sure you'll say but since you don't care about peoples feelings and no one will stop this from happening I might as well say how it feels and await the next torrent of abuse directed at me over nothing....

EDIT: And the abuse hurled at Lafudgga is pathetic even for an internet forum. Grow up...

Edited by Omega

To be honest I did not find it funny in fact it upset me, quite a bit, looks like i will be avoiding the newsletter and possible this site for a while. It was ok to read it at home when it was sent but to have it so everyone can read it is not funny. My name so that everyone knows is Lafdugga no offence it is my name.

Well, that felt unnecessary and another chance for Wolvie to air his grievances about people. I still don't know what I actually did to him to make him dislike me so much but there you go. It's bullsh*t really, I never reported a post from Wolverine, I never asked for him to be banned and I never had a problem with him until all this started.

I don't like the site at the moment, I try to run the E-fed as best as possible and logging on to find yet again I'm being abused verbally by Wolverine is ruining it for me. Boo hoo I'm sure you'll say but since you don't care about peoples feelings and no one will stop this from happening I might as well say how it feels and await the next torrent of abuse directed at me over nothing....

EDIT: And the abuse hurled at Lafudgga is pathetic even for an internet forum. Grow up...

I totally agree with this part lately. The site seems to have become a place for little boys who will never grow up to launch pathetic attacks on people. There is NO need for any of it. As for those who say that people shouldn't take it so seriously, well screw you. I think the attack on Lafdugga was revolting, regardless of it being part of a "probe". If that had been said in any other part of the site, it would have been a banning offense i'm sure. Last night I was defending Moobs on MSN regarding something else but right now, in total honesty, I wish I hadn't bothered as it sems he is as bad as the rest. I also agree with what Omega says about the fact that nothing will stop this happening, because it won't. No disrespect to Kam in the least but abuse will be hurled regardless because some people get a kick out of belittling others.

On an unrelated note, we've had more people join TWOStars and people returning than we've had for a long time. The only quitter we had was Moobs ironicaly and know he's asked to come back. At least I can clear that up!

Guest The Beltster
I've never had anything but pleasant dealings with both Moobs and Wolverine, so I've no idea why I recieved a couple of sarcastic backhanders, but at the same time, who gives a sh*t? :lol Edited by The Beltster

I've never had anything but pleasant dealings with both Moobs and Wolverine, so I've no idea why I recieved a couple of sarcastic backhanders, but at the same time, who gives a sh*t? :lol
Unfortunately not everyone can let comments like this wash over them as easy as you or I. And to be fair, the comments aimed at both us were quite tame compared to the abuse aimed at Lafdugga for no reason other than to be vindictive.

Why the hell would you let somebody put something like that in a newsletter which is emailed out to people? It's ridiculous, you wouldn't let people put it on the forum because it's flaming. I've been slated for a lot less, and as editor, you should have known better. Makes the site look piss poor.