Fan Clubs | beta

The Retro Gaming Thread!!

Guest Inno

Renegade was a brilliant game.

'twas indeed. A lot of the Amstrad games were, but it was overlooked for the (technically inferior) Spectrum as a classic of the 8-bit era.

Edited by Clarkey

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first that I can remember was an Atari 2600. I had one earlier than that, but I can't remember what it was called. It had to paddles and switches on the console to change the sports game you played.

I also had a few desktop games (Firefox being a fave).

I was a Sega child once things started going, beginning with a Master System and going through a Master System II, a Genesis and a Megadrive, a Mega CD and a 32X and then a Saturn (that I had chipped so I could play All Japan Pro Wresting on it). I missed out on a Dreamcast though.

I can still remember the time I had a Saturn, N64 and a Playstation at the same time. That was the pinnacle of my gaming habit, although I'm close to it again by having a PS3, a PC, a Wii and having my eye on an X-Box 360.

Edited by DC

First was a CPC 464; then a Megadrive, then an Amiga 500+, then an Amiga 1200... then an N64 and a Dreamcast - then the PC and Gamecube.

Sigh. Good times.

I've got quite a little collection of those TV games - six or seven of them at the last count. I never play them but a good-condition one makes a groovy retro ornament. :)

I went: borrowed Atari 2600, Sinclair ZX81 (3D Monster Maze was scary!), Sinclair Spectrum+, Atart STFM, SNES, Atari Lynx II, Playstation, N64, Playstation (again!), Dreamcast, Playstation2, GBA, GBA SP, Nintendo DS, Wii.

Bow down fools:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9159/treasureislanddizzyoo2.png

[ETA] Clarkey: you might want to split this thread into another one called "Nostalgic ramblings etc."

Guest John Hancock
I remember the first ever computer game I ever played. It was on my Dad's "work computer" in his room (we didn't have a family one back then, and certainly not individual ones). It was one floppy disk and you were a fire ball throwing wizard in a maze collected keys. I think it was on the Doom engine. Anyway, it was F*cking AWESOME.

What was the game that was basically air hockey on an Atari ST? I think it might've been by Broderbund. You controlled your paddle with the mouse and played against aliens...