Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:

The Amway Arena - Orlando, Florida

TV Schedule:

USA: Saturday 29th March on USA at 11/10c

UK: Sunday 30th March on Sky Sports 3 at 8am

(Repeated on Sky Sports Xtra at Midday & Sky Sports 2 at 5.30pm)

The WWE Hall of Fame is an institution that honours selected former and current employees of World Wrestling Entertainment, and other figures who have contributed to wrestling and sports-entertainment in general.

The Hall of Fame was created in 1993 with the induction of WWF alumnus André the Giant, who had died earlier that year. The Hall inducted additional members annually thereafter until 1996 with the 1994 and 1995 ceremonies held as part of the King of the Ring weekend, then went dormant until it was revived in 2004 to commemorate the company's twentieth WrestleMania event.

Since living inductees appear at a Hall of Fame acceptance event, induction is contingent upon the candidate being on good terms with WWE. As a result several notable alumni have not been inducted, including Bruno Sammartino, who has called the Hall of Fame a farce because there is no actual building and because non-wrestlers such as Pete Rose are inducted. The process by which inductees are selected is not transparent; the criteria for induction have never been disclosed. Although the Hall in theory honors those with important WWE careers, since the revival in 2004, some inductees such as Harley Race, Verne Gagne and Nick Bockwinkel, achieved much or all of their success outside of WWE, though the companies where they did achieve their success have been assimilated by WWE.

WWE's Hall Of Fame Class of 2008 will be inducted on Saturday 29th March at the Amway Arena in Orlando, Florida as part of WrestleMania weekend. Stay tuned to WWE programming and wwe.com as more inductees are named over the coming weeks! [/Quote]

Inductees:

1: "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

2: "The High Chief" Peter Maivia

3: Rocky Johnson

4: Mae Young

5: The Brisco Brothers (Jack and Gerry)

6: Eddie Graham[/Quote]

Edited by FreeSpirit

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Shawn Michaels is scheduled to induct Ric Flair into the WWE Hall of Fame the night before WrestleMania. With their close friendship and 1-on-1 match the following night at WrestleMania, it is sure to be a memorable weekend in Orlando.
Credit: Wrestlezone.com

I'm sure this news will envoke alot of outcry from the people of TWO!

Edited by FreeSpirit

Guest Rebekah
Can't see it happening to be honest..not for a few years yet.

Oh no i cant see him saying yes to it, as he is getting paid a lot more in Hollywood than he would in WWE

Guest Rebekah
Can we stop the spoilers please! I had not seen raw and thanks to above comments has been spoilt.

This is in the spoliers forum, therefore spoilers are allowed

Guest The Great Ahmar
Can we stop the spoilers please! I had not seen raw and thanks to above comments has been spoilt.

Why would you enter a thread with spoiler ***'s clearly seen in the title if you don't want things spoiled?

Guest nachomuncher
I'm a big HBK fan and a big Flair fan but I dont like the fact that HBK's inducting Flair, it should be AA!
:kane If not then Roddy Piper one good turn deserves another. I mean Flair did induct piper and came out with some good stories im sure piper would be able to do the same. :kane

If i was in a smackdown about smackdown i would understand but my understanding of the spoilers thread and i could be wrong was if the show had not aired then anything that could potentially spoil another show had to be in spoiler tags until the show had aired in the uk hence thursday. I do in the spoiler threads for other threads and so do lots of other people infact i could go in to many past threads that i and other have posted and prove my point. If you want me to i will or if Kam, or any mods tell me im wrong thenm fair enough but that is what i was told when i joined by Darkstar and MrFill.

If i was in a smackdown about smackdown i would understand but my understanding of the spoilers thread and i could be wrong was if the show had not aired then anything that could potentially spoil another show had to be in spoiler tags until the show had aired in the uk hence thursday. I do in the spoiler threads for other threads and so do lots of other people infact i could go in to many past threads that i and other have posted and prove my point. If you want me to i will or if Kam, or any mods tell me im wrong thenm fair enough but that is what i was told when i joined by Darkstar and MrFill.

That rule was applied if you posted the spoiler in a thread not related to the spoiler, but since this is a thread about the 2008 HoF and it's marked with the spoilers tag then it's not a problem.

Guest Rebekah

My understanding of a thread marked spoilers is that we can talk about a show that has aired already. Raw aired last night in the UK so it would not be classed as a spoiler anyway, the fact that it airs on Thursday as a repeat is irrelevant as its already aired in the UK live. The chatroom spoiler thread was updated to make it that talking about Raw before Thursdays is no longer against the rules. Like i said at the top of this post, if a thread is marked spoilers then we can talk about what happened. I could of course be wrong....

Edited by Rebekah

Don't worry im not going to highjack the thread as it looks from Drake that im wrong which is fine. My bad as they say on the street. I am really torn I want to see Ric inducted and HBK could be there but Piper, AA possibly even Steamboat would be a better choice, someone that has known him the majority of his career would be good. Like when Piper was inducted the stories Ric told were stuff of legend.

Michaels inducting Flair is GHEY~! The 4 horsemen should induct Flair and not that pussy bag known as Shawn Michaels. Hell, even HHH should be ahead of Michaels but I guess they're doing it this way to further up the build-up in their match at Mania.

I'm a big HBK fan and a big Flair fan but I dont like the fact that HBK's inducting Flair, it should be AA!

When was it announced that HBK was inducting Flair? I have only heard that Flair is going to be inducted into the HOF but no mention the person inducting him. The only inductee that I have heard about is the Rock who is inducting his father and grandfather.

And Lafduggga this a spoiler thread. I'm the one who put the post in about the Rock inducting his father. I did put Possible Spoiler at the top of my post and also I edited it afterward and took out the Rock's name. Unfortunately JC had already read it before I had a chance to edit it. I am sorry if I spoilt it for you. Please have Kam or Darkstar PM me if I have done anything wrong. Maybe I have misunderstood the rules. I have stayed in the spoiler thread and posted possible spoiler at the beginning of my post. Again I am sorry to have spoilt it for you.:xyx