Fan Clubs

Videogaming Do's and Don'ts.

Guest Clarkey

Guest Clarkey

No double posting and all that jazz, but for a bit of fun...

Do buy as many games as possible. Even if you never play them or even open them. There no such thing as 'too many games'.

Don't attempt to make intelligent gaming conversation with game shop staff. They don't care, they just want your money.

No double posting and all that jazz, but for a bit of fun...

Do buy as many games as possible. Even if you never play them or even open them. There no such thing as 'too many games'.

Don't attempt to make intelligent gaming conversation with game shop staff. They don't care, they just want your money.

Firstly let me comment. I tried several times to ask what this game is all about or have you played this or such... They don't want this. They want nothing more than one word. I also agree with the never too much thing.

DoBuy more than one games console, if you can afford it, then you can play all the games you want. No my game isn't out on this console nonsense.

Don't But if you can't or just don't want to get more than one don't join the my console is the best arguements. Nobody cares, and anyway each console has it's own merits and minus points. None are better.

Ah but the 360 now supports a dead media format due to Toshiba called it a day and admitting it has lost to Blu-Ray in the battle of next generation DVD's.

Where as if you buy a PS3 you get a Blu-Ray player, internet browser and top game console all in one.

All it needs now is some killer exclusive titles and it will start to fly off the shelves far quicker...

As for my do's and dont's?

DO go retro and seek out Dreamcast, n64 and other older consoles including the massively under rated Sega Saturn.

Don't ever judge a game by its cover or lack of hype. Several of my favourite games such as Codename: Panzer etc have come in under the radar of hype and been superb additions to my gaming collections.

Do get some fresh air every now and again, swimming in your own sweaty tracksuit bottoms because you are determined to finish quake 10 is not good!

Don't get a partner, they will resent you and your hobby!

DO - Play a J-RPG to its conclusion without ONCE using a guide or the internet to help, its is extremely satisfying.

DON'T - Try and make World of Warcraft sound cool to real people who do not play games, or care.

Guest Al Stevens

Do: When playing games like Ghost Recon/GOW whatever, if you see a team mate downed help them, chances are they will repay the good deed

Dont: break your guitar hero guitar ala the Who style because it's not big or cleaver

Especially the guy with one arm who used to work in Game in Weston-super-Mare. It's probably un_PC to say so but he's surely not the right sort of person to be working in a joypad-dominated industry. Sort of like a blind man working as a cinema projectionist.

Guest The Beltster

DO: Go online on Ghost Recon for 360 and when your team mates are all stood near, drop a smoke bomb and listen to all the retards online in your ear piece crying and complaining because they take it wayyyy too seriously :lol

DONT: Get mad and swing and smash your Wii remote, those things cost too much to replace.

Don't eat mince pies whilst playing on a joypad based game/console as it will just get sticky and NEVER be the same again

Another idea for my new cartoon series... MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!

*Edit* Whoops, not used to the edit function yet... sorry gring!

Edited by Saz

Do download a NES Emulator and the ROM's for Marble Madness, Digger T. Rock, Paperboy and Turtles.

Don't try and download a DreamCast emulator, they are as hard as Dodo crap to find AND work and the ISO's are terrible and also often don't work. Just buy one from GameStation for like £30 with a shed load of games.

Guest Clarkey

Shenmue part uno never came out on the XBox (unless that was your point, which I'm guessing it is).

Do continue to buy games despite the fact that you're still skipping meals and not turning the heating on to save money.

Don't listen to the people that laugh when you refer to yourself as hardcore. They're jealous.