Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Cena rips into the Rock

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster
Former WWE champion John Cena recently lashed out at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in a recent interview with The Sun in the United Kingdom. Cena was quoted as saying the following:

"He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being. What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life. Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life. So explain to me why he can't come back. Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that. He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it. Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this. That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off. Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

Are you f*cking kidding me Cena?! He doesnt give back? I didnt realise he had to give back...I didnt realise he owed wrestling fans anything?

The guy got out, with money, and became a success at something else. Whats the problem you f'n moron?

:roll

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see his points though. As I said on another thread recently the Rock will be nothing but a distant memory in a year or 2. He forgot where he came from and it's almost like he's working overtime to try and disassociate himself with anything remotely connected to wrestling... But yea, I get Cena's point.

You can leave Wrestling and head in a new direction - you can even become very successful in your new chosen field but I think you do have to remember the folks that got you there in the first place.

Or am I just an idealist?

Guest The Beltster

The Rock wont be a distant memory in a year or two, because he is one of the biggest stars of all time and was so in the biggest boom period ever. People will always have fond memories of him.

The Ultimate Warrior's big run ended in 1991, he had a couple comebacks which lasted a few months here and there, yet he isnt a distant memory, the Rock wont be either.

He hasnt forgotten where he came from, that is the stereotypical closeminded wrestling mark response when a guy leaves their precious 'sport' behind, and its bullsh*t in my opinion.

The guy got out of a business where he spent anywhere from 250-300 days per year away from his wife, daughter and family, getting his body beaten up and moved into an industry where he can spend all his time with his family, make a ton more money and not get beat up...and you question that? Thats ridiculous. I call it having his priorities in order.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer

Got to say Cena sounds like a SOB right there, what right does he have to run his mouth about The Rock?

I would LOVE The Rock to come back but why the hell should he if he doesn't want to?

To be fair The Rock's been out of wrestling full time since 2001 and he's been back to WWE numerous times to do promos, matches, hype feuds, put everyone under the sun over and do all he can for WWE.

If Cena can't see that's a love of wrestling, then Cena's a lot dumber than I thought

Guest SuperKick Kid

I think John just doesn't understand how a man who is admired and loved by so many wrestling fans, and who said himself that he loved the business, can just leave them behind for good.

It is two different mentalities. Rock's and Cena's.

Cena feels like he absolutely needs to be there and that the fans are the most important people in the world. While Rock's mentality is that he has done it all in wrestling and he wants to move on with his life.

Rock broke the mould.

He left WWE for better things. Arguably nobody else has done that. Hogan went elsewhere, did films, but never reached the heights of his WWE success and fame. Its why he's always back every year or so.

Where as Rock is a bigger star now than he ever was a wrestler. He's probably the only person to leave wrestling and go onto greater things.

Guest The Beltster

If that is the case, though, then Cena's mentality is so ass-backwards its not even funny.

Wrestler's dont owe the fans anything after the show ends and they go home. I've NO DOUBT the Rock appreciates his fans, but he isnt going to allow them to dictate to him what he wants to do with his life, and thats how it should be.

Cena's thinking is skewed.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I dont actually understand what Cena is upset about. He was basically agreeing with Rocky's choices for 3/4 of the paragraph, and then starts swearing for no reason.

I dont agree with the anger and the "he should give back" bit, but I think we can all understand to some degree, at some point we've all said "I wish Rocky would come back.."

But yeah, Cena's comments are pretty stupid as they are.

Guest MastersGonads

Seeing as this was already reported in the Random News thread, I will repost what I posted in there.......

I wonder if this is Cena's thoughts, or he is just being a mouthpiece for his employer....

Guest The Beltster
This interview was conducted via Sun.co.uk in early to mid January, I doubt they are building to anything, plus Cena is already booked in the main event.

True true, and well I was partly hoping more than forecasting, but it would be good if say Cena loses in the WM and then following night Rock comes out to open the show just to say thankyou to fans for a warm welcome and all that jazz, Cena comes out and turns ala Bret Hart in 1997. Would be great, but yes the likelihood of it happening is pretty slim.

What a load of rubbish. Cena is just jealous. The Rock was a huge draw in the WWE and has gone on to become a success in Hollywood. He is a better actor than Cena will ever be.

I used to like Cena but now I'm not so sure anymore. If Cena was offered the kind of roles and success the Rock has enjoyed acting in his acting career he would have taken them in a flash. Cena may be good on the mic and a great wrestler but there is one thing he lacks and that is the charisma the Rock possesses. Who will he next target be. Austin for the Condemmed or Hogan for American Gladiators. Shame on you John Cena you be happy with what you have.

Wrestling is a strange business, tis' almost like the Mafia (but way more underhanded and scummy), there seems to be a strange sentiment that wrestlers should sign their names in blood and dedicate their bodies and their lives to 'da bizness' and anyone who tries to get out (Lesnar too for example) is looked down upon for walking away from the thing that 'made them'. Rock left on top, healthy and with all his marbles and went off to earn 7 figures a film but there seems to be a strange sentiment (and not just among wrestlers, among a lot of crazy talking fans) that he should have signed his live away to a sleazy, no good business that will bleed you dry and then throw you away when you aren't needed anymore. Sure, I loved the guy but he is better off out of it. I'm not going to begrudge anyone for that.

It does strike me as a Roy Keane/Alex Ferguson situation here though where Cena as vocal point of WWE is being fed words by the boss because Vince doesn't get to be Executive Producer on Rock's films anymore. Or something.

Guest MastersGonads
What a load of rubbish. Cena is just jealous. The Rock was a huge draw in the WWE and has gone on to become a success in Hollywood. He is a better actor than Cena will ever be.

I used to like Cena but now I'm not so sure anymore. If Cena was offered the kind of roles and success the Rock has enjoyed acting in his acting career he would have taken them in a flash. Cena may be good on the mic and a great wrestler but there is one thing he lacks and that is the charisma the Rock possesses. Who will he next target be. Austin for the Condemmed or Hogan for American Gladiators. Shame on you John Cena you be happy with what you have.

Bit of an over reaction!