Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE.com becoming one of the 'Dirt Sheets'

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
In an interesting turn of events, WWE.com's website has added a section called "Industry News" which is collecting reprints of not just WWE articles, but newspaper stories about WWE talent, and even news from independent wrestling websites, including WrestleZone.com.

As if WWE.com crediting independent news sites isn't strange enough, they even have an article about upcoming dates for TNA live events, including April's TNA Lockdown PPV - complete with the PPV's pre-sale password. What is going on here? This is actually the same story that I (Ryan Clark) posted here on the site yesterday so it appears as though they will be taking our stories from time to time. Weird.

Credit: Wrestlezone.com

What is the world comming to when WWE.com is posting news about TNA events and taking reports off the dirt sheets?! :lol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SuperKick Kid

Shane is taking over. :D

Note: This is just speculation on my part that Shane had something to do with this.

One thing I find funny about this Nemesis is that WWE.com is now crediting Wrestlezone :lol

Guest Al Stevens

Its crazy seeing TNA news on WWE.Com

I mean yes it could be seen as a bad move to advertise the "other company" however there is people who fans of both.

Or Ex ECW ref Peewee could finally be right :lol

Guest Chriscare

TNA aren't the other company, they're not at war with WWE, they're not competition for WWE, or stealing any of their fans, they're not a threat to WWE in the slightest. They just think they are.

It's like when WWE "helped" ECW all those years ago

Guest MastersGonads

WWE have been paying far greater attention to dirt sheets and wrestling forums in the last year, Just look at the downfall of Dave Lagana.

I suppose, it makes more sense for the WWE to counter the rise of sites like wrestlezone, and stop mistruths that are often printed on these sites, by making wwe.com thee site to look at for all wrestling news....

For example, I bet the WWE website has recieved twice the number of hits from both WWE and TNA fans alike since this story broke on Wrestlezone, and then was credited by numerous wrestling forums

Its really quite clever when you think about it

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

This move by WWE is sparking arguments among internet reporters already :lol

It's extremely sad and pathetic that a case of jealously over not getting his website on the WWE.com news section has pushed a 'reporter' by the name of Steve Gerweck to make absolutely false claims about my reporting. It is what it is though and we are being credited by WWE while he is not. Enough said.
Credit: (Ryan Clark) Wrestlezone.com Edited by Nemesis Enforcer

Guest SuperKick Kid
It should be noted that with WWE adding an industry news section on the company’s web site, and even listing TNA tour dates, a site credited, Wrestlezone, is a known cut and paste web site. Ryan Clark is a probably the most well known internet hack out there, cutting and pasting our news without credit on multi-time basis per day. Clark, who posts for a number of other web sites to drive more traffic to his own, is probably the worst offender of cut and paste wrestling “journalism” since the days of Sushi X. It should also be noted that Clark and Wrestlezone doesn’t only steal information from this site, but also steals news from other reputable wrestling news sources.

gerweck.net :P

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I was just going to gerweck.net to find what he had said and you beat me to it SKK :lol Edited by Nemesis Enforcer

Guest Kanenite
It's pretty crazy but i'm sure it'll get them a lot more hits, especially if they start reporting news worthy stuff. The comments by Gerweck are true, but i've always used Wrestlezone mainly for personal preference, I couldn't care who they copied.

Guest MastersGonads
It should also be noted that Clark and Wrestlezone doesn’t only steal information from this site, but also steals news from other reputable wrestling news sources.

Oh the irony......

Guest Rebekah

Does seem slightly suprising, does this mean that they are not going to take TNA seriously? Not that they should have done before by the way.

Or maybe it could just to show thats theres no bad feelings between the two

Guest ScottyB

Unless WWE have bought out TNA, and are going to scrap the whole creative team.

/Wishful thinking.

Not sure wht to make of the whole thing myself, I'm not really one for news sites and everything I find out I find out on TWO as it alays gets back to TWO.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Not sure wht to make of the whole thing myself, I'm not really one for news sites and everything I find out I find out on TWO as it alays gets back to TWO.
You can send me payment via Cheque or Postal Order :P

Guest Clarkey
I can forsee a situation here where by the WWE will start by quoting other sources to direct traffic as MG mentioned to themselves, then look to either take on a Meltzer or the like to run the section, or promote their own man (in a 'Major Nelson' or 'Acey Bongos' type role on Xbox Live) as the figurehead and a person to look to for their insider news. If such a situation occurs and works, they could even look to use this figurehead on tv and via podcasts too, to further promote the website and product.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity