Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Do you think WWE has lost all interest in titles except world heavyweight and WWE?

Guest Ruderz

Guest Ruderz

I was just discussing this in the chatroom and I want to know do you think that WWE is ignoring all the titles except WWE and WHC?

Even the ECW title is getting as much pop as the IC title which was last defended in a 5 second match against Orton!

the U.S title has not been defended since Armageddon last year.

The Cruiserweight has disappeard under Vinces bed somewhere.

The tag titles for SD are appearing on ECW.

The tag titles ofr RAW are being set up for a change to 2 people who do NOT deserve them. What do you think?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Simple answer is DAMN RIGHT that WWE don't care a squat for the belts other then WWE and World Heavyweight, there is no argument against it that stands up when you watch WWE programming

Guest Ruderz
Whats the point in having the titles? so they can fill up the card with some boring crap that nobody wants to see if only WWE would ask some fans what they want

Guest Rebekah

Well the IC Title has taken a back seat to Jeff's world title push, so that makes me think why give it to Jeff in the first place? He needs to drop it soon, however it wont be before Mania as he is pretty much involved in MITB.

It has lost a lot of prestige as it used to be a stepping stone to the World Title (HHH, Austin and HBK had the IC Title before they became World Champions remember) . The last superstar i remember using it as a real stepping stone to greater things was Orton in 2004

On the other belts i dont think that the US Title has lost anything really, MVP really sells it as a great belt to have.

I think on the ECW Championship that it isnt treated as a proper World Title now, more like the US Title perhaps.

The reason the WWE Tag Titles are appearing on ECW is because of the talent exchange between SD and ECW.

Holly and Cody arent bad champions, its just there arent many teams on Raw to defend it against.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
The belts are useful for House Shows, advertise a title match and it draws people in to the shows no matter how badly the belts are being booked on TV

Guest Ruderz
Good points there but i do think theres no point in having the U.S title around MVP's waist if he never gets booked to defend it

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I agree, whoever holds the belts should defend them and on a regular basis too, if you are going to be moved up into the main event then drop the belt before hand, that is how it used to be done and it worked well, that way you had a constant convayor belt of talent moving throughout the card and not the stagnation we have today

Guest Rebekah
Good points there but i do think theres no point in having the U.S title around MVP's waist if he never gets booked to defend it

Thats not his fault

Guest Marshall Mac D
Well yes that what has really got me lost intrest in wwe the other title's dont even feel serious there just there well to be there i miss the old days when yes the european title was getting brawled for by number of guys and the IC title was treasure now its like err here have this.

Guest Proudy
I dont see much WWE anymore, but I can tell you that the title set up has been a joke for a good 2 years now.

Guest Ruderz
Thats not his fault

I kn i wasnt blaming MVP i was blaming the people who book the matches like nemises said if your going to be moved to main event you need to drop the belt This goes for MVP and Jeff hardy who have allowed so much dust to gather round their titles

Guest the kev
it could be fixed so easily as well. just create a fued that revolves around one of the lesser titles, and hype up the title match (which would be on ppv) and boom the title would mean something again.

Guest Jayfunk

to be honest they don't even care about the WWE and World Heavyweight belts either as it is the first major company not to have a world champion (sorry i know they claim to have one but having two means they don't have a real world champion) get rid of the brand belts bring back the following

World

IC/US

TAG team

ECW/Hardcore

then i might watch again

to be honest they don't even care about the WWE and World Heavyweight belts either as it is the first major company not to have a world champion (sorry i know they claim to have one but having two means they don't have a real world champion) get rid of the brand belts bring back the following

World

IC/US

TAG team

ECW/Hardcore

then i might watch again

No. They do... Smackdown has the world champion. WWE're just the first promotion in history to hold themselves above the rest of the world. That being that the WWE title is greater than the world heavyweight championship.

Guest Jayfunk
No. They do... Smackdown has the world champion. WWE're just the first promotion in history to hold themselves above the rest of the world. That being that the WWE title is greater than the world heavyweight championship.

aka horse crap

I agree with him to an extent because there isn't one sole World Champion. You can't say oh the SD one is, cause half the time that match takes place in the middle of the card, thus it's hardly the main title.

With the constant inter-promotional stuff going on and all the brands on one PPV, each top title can seem the pinnacle one month and then the IC title the next, with all of them they rule each other out.

Guest Fiona
I agree with him to an extent because there isn't one sole World Champion. You can't say oh the SD one is, cause half the time that match takes place in the middle of the card, thus it's hardly the main title.

With the constant inter-promotional stuff going on and all the brands on one PPV, each top title can seem the pinnacle one month and then the IC title the next, with all of them they rule each other out.

I think Jung has it right. Maybe what they should do is get rid of the brand split that would put a better mix of wrestlers into the titlt hunt and we wouldn't be subjected to the Cena/Orton/HHH/Orton/Cena or Taker/Batista/Edge/Batista/Taker (I think you see were I'm going with this)

matches over and over again.

Then the IC and the US (maybe even bring back the Cruiserweight and European belts) and have them defended on a regular basis. At least once a month. These belts could be used as stepping stones towards a World Title shot. It may be outlandish but at least it's a thought.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity