Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

List This - WWE.COM's top 10 tag teams...

DC

Normally this wouldn't need its own thread, but the results so far should provoke some serious debating, lol.

So far all we've got is numbers 10 and 9.

10) The British Bulldogs

9) The Rockers

IMO, The Bulldogs were the greatest tag team of all time, never mind just in WWE, so for them to be at number 10 in this list is baffling.

I'm eager to see which teams WWE consider to be above The Bulldogs. I know they're going to have DX near the top slot, which will be wrong on so many levels.

Edited by DC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll put Edge & Christian, Hardys, DX, Hart Foundation, Road Warriors, Demolition all above them because they want to appease most of them.

Outside bets on Outlaws, Dudleys, Steiners simply because of they now work for TNA.

Arn & Tully? Natural Disasters? Money Inc.? Too Cool? Strike Force? If they are the bottom 2 you have to think there is going to be a huge anamoly sticking out at some stage.

Guest SuperKick Kid
Or you could look at it as, WWE doesn't want to be seen putting those two (one is dead, one is in a wheelchair) on a pedestal.

Guest the HiTman
Or you could look at it as, WWE doesn't want to be seen putting those two (one is dead, one is in a wheelchair) on a pedestal.

No, if that was the case, they would leave them out completely.

It's like the WWE having a top 50 greatest wrestlers and putting Benoit in 50th place...

Guest Chriscare
I'd imagine The Hart Foundation, The Brainbusters, Edge and Christian, The Hardys, The Dudleys, Legion of Doom, The New Age Outlaws, and the Steiners would be the other 8. As good as the british bulldogs and the rockers were, they didn't have a huge deal of success when it came to championship gold. Edited by Chriscare

I'd imagine The Hart Foundation, The Brainbusters, Edge and Christian, The Hardys, The Dudleys, Legion of Doom, The New Age Outlaws, and the Steiners would be the other 8. As good as the british bulldogs and the rockers were, they didn't have a huge deal of success when it came to championship gold.
Winning titles shouldn't be the measuring stick (otherwise Raven, with his 56 reigns as Hardcore Champion, would be the best wrestler ever) for this list.

The Bulldogs v The Hart Foundation was tag-team wrestling in the mid-eighties.

Even if they're not going to be #1, The Bulldogs should be higher up than #10.

Guest Chriscare

Yea but the Hardcore title didn't mean anything. Tag Titles meant something back in the 80's, they never just stuck them on anybody. I've always thought the Bulldogs were over rated, they were talented but they were just very bland, they didn't real have personality aswell as skills, which is a big part of wrestling.

No one can dispute that Edge and Christian, The Hardys, The New Age Outlaws and The Dudleys deserve to be high on that list. Because at a time when wrestling was very popular they managed to bring tag team wrestling back from the brink of non-existance to a once again popular part of wrestling.

Edited by Chriscare

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I am already taking umbrage with this list simply because even though only 2 have been announced they are already in the wrong order!

I agree that The British Bulldogs should be much higher then 10th place, and certainly higher then The Rockers (although they were a good team and I was a huge fan when I was younger)

BTW in at number 8 is: The Wild Samoans

Guest The Beltster
I'd imagine The Hart Foundation, The Brainbusters, Edge and Christian, The Hardys, The Dudleys, Legion of Doom, The New Age Outlaws, and the Steiners would be the other 8. As good as the british bulldogs and the rockers were, they didn't have a huge deal of success when it came to championship gold.
Demolition are the longest reigning WWF tag team champions in history at the time when those belts meant more than they have at any other point since, plus they had three seperate reigns...yet you leave them out?

Strange.

Anyway, Demolition will be close to the top. They SHOULD be number 1, but I expect L.O.D will take that spot.

I've heard rumblings that Demolition might get a HOF place this year, so maybe this thing it set up to put them back in the public eye in a way.

Guest Chriscare

I just figured since Demoliton were always considered a rip off of LOD, that they might not put both teams in, and you can't really miss out LOD as they were a world wide phenomenom.

As for The Wild Samoans, i'd forgotten about them, they defiantly deserve a spot.

Guest The Beltster

People who consider Demolition a rip off of the Road Warriors are insane. I could see people seeing the Powers of Pain, maybe, but Demolition? Nah. I always hated the claims they were a rip off. Two totally different looks, styles and teams, but because both wore facepaint, one ripped off the other. Ridiculous.

Demolition were a WWF-created team, there is no way they would skip on them over L.O.D, Hawk and Animal will probably grab the top spot because alot of people oddly consider them the greatest team ever and its become the norm to class them as such, but Ax and Smash will be in there.

Guest The Beltster
Its all nonsense really, these lists WWE.com do. I expect DX and Rated RKO will be in the top 3 :lol

Guest bigmatt
Yeah they are all a joke really,they are there just to push the WWE's agenda.But its there site they can do what they want with it.

Guest Chriscare
People who consider Demolition a rip off of the Road Warriors are insane. I could see people seeing the Powers of Pain, maybe, but Demolition? Nah. I always hated the claims they were a rip off. Two totally different looks, styles and teams, but because both wore facepaint, one ripped off the other. Ridiculous.

Demolition were a WWF-created team, there is no way they would skip on them over L.O.D, Hawk and Animal will probably grab the top spot because alot of people oddly consider them the greatest team ever and its become the norm to class them as such, but Ax and Smash will be in there.

Well they did have pretty distinct similarity, they didn't look exactly the same, but they both had a similar theme and personalities.

The fact that WWE magazine voted them as The Worst Tag Team Champions of all time, really makes me think they will not be in this list

Guest Fiona
I like three teams that haven't been mentioned yet I don't think. Los Guerreros, Too Cool and the Bashem Brothers. Don't know if any of them will make the list but they were 3 of my favourites.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity