Fan Clubs (beta)

Xbox 360 Vs PS3

Guest Ruderz

Guest Ruderz

Okay im very intersted to know...whats better?

PS3 or xbox 360?

Personally id say Xbox 360 because of the fact that it has better graphics

better gameplay and better controlls.

The wireless PS3 controller doesnt suit the Playstation but the

Xbox wireless does...

Also the prices on the PS3 games are absaloute CRAP

i mean xbox 360 prices arent exactly the best but come on...50 odd pound

for one game..just not worth it

But what do YOU think???

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rebekah

Well i have a Playstation 3 which i think is better. Online is better as its free and (pro evo aside*) its good to play.

The games arent £50 a pop, you can get them cheap, you just have to know where to go (independent game stores for example). I got 2 games for £40 the other day for example. I found myself paying £50 for a game only once and that was The Orange box which is worth £50.

The wireless controller works ok with the PS3

* Pro evo is laggy online

Edited by Rebekah

Guest Slim Jim

PS3 or xbox 360?

Xbox wireless does...

But what do YOU think???

All these reasons are wrong.

Guest Ruderz

Okay to be honest these reasons arent the best but i just got a 360 at christmas and then it went away for a month so please forgive any wrongness in my reasons :lol

I think that PS3 games are overrated they could have been better in my opinionbut you have to give me the Over priced reason The PS3 is what 500? the games are what 20(if you find them in a good place Thanks beki) And if not found in a good place (I.e Game) theyr Like 40- 50!

I'll just link you guys here, just incase this turns out to be a fanboy war, like most console threads do over the interwebs.

I own both consoles, both are good in their own ways. PS3 just lacks any MAJOR exclusives at the moment and to be honest, I prefer the Xbox Live online service over the PS3's.

I think that PS3 games are overrated they could have been better in my opinion

Which games? And thats hardly a reflection on the console.

Guest Slim Jim
Okay to be honest these reasons arent the best but i just got a 360 at christmas and then it went away for a month so please forgive any wrongness in my reasons :lol

I think that PS3 games are overrated they could have been better in my opinionbut you have to give me the Over priced reason The PS3 is what 500? the games are what 20(if you find them in a good place Thanks beki) And if not found in a good place (I.e Game) theyr Like 40- 50!

If the reason it went away for a month is the reason I think, then that says a lot about the 360.

The PS3 is now £300.

Guest Ruderz

it went away because a TV fell on it

and i didnt know about the new price on PS3 and to Rog i think all PS£ games are overated and the Ps3 itself is overrated

Guest big pau hoolinator
I prefer Xbox because its got better games lineup ATM but PS3 will undoubtedly catch up...oh and ps3 network is full of noobs I played COD on there before and wow everyone was awful even people on top prestige

it went away because a TV fell on it

and i didnt know about the new price on PS3 and to Rog i think all PS£ games are overated and the Ps3 itself is overrated

Overrated how? No offense but you are coming across like an Xbox fanboy.

Guest Ruderz
I know and even im surprised at that rog haveing had a PS2 for 4 years... i think there was all this hyper about the PS3 and when it came out people took one look at the prices And said " No way" ....thats what i did i expected it to be dear but for the price it was...

Guest Clarkey
There's something there for everyone frankly. With multi-platform releases and the like, you can freely go with which console takes your fancy and have a great time. I think everyone misses the real war's, when you had the likes of the Sega Megadrive/Genesis fighting toe to toe with the SNES; it all just seems so nice nowadays. The characters have all left or moved into cushy office jobs, so the interesting slagging matches and baiting has died down to nigh on nothingness. Hell, even E3 has practically disappeared with it now not even a shadow of it's former self in both scale and importance. So what I am leading onto here is frankly, gaming is king. Whatever format, whatever time.

Guest Fiona

I could come at this from two different ways systems v games. On the systems side I have heard from alot of people I know that have the Xbox is that there are many problems with it. Everything from overheating to the red rings of doom. On the other side the sony has the Blu Ray technology that just put HDDVD basically out of business. And I haven't heard of too many problems associated with it.

On the games side of it the Xbox is definitely the leader. They have a much better game selection and you can't beat Halo 3 right now. Although Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out soon.

If I were to go out today and buy one I would probably go for the PS3 just for the Blu Ray alone. The prices have come down drastically over the last little while and both systems are basically now the same price. Also the PS3 online gaming is free compared to the fact that you have to pay for the Xbox.

No it hasnt. :lol

The graphics are almost exactly the same, in fact if anything the PS3 has the (very) slight edge.

Gameplay I would say is the same, controls... well that depends on which system you prefer so fair enough. me, I struggle with the 360 controlls but find the PS3 ones easy.

Xbox wireless does...

Now thats out and out crap. the PS3 controller is far less bulky and easier to use for an extended period. It als looks better IMO.

£30 to £40 around here.

But what do YOU think???

I think that in terms of games the 360 has a very slight edge, but that will dissapear in the next 6 months. The PS3 was being sold in HMV for £300 with 2 games and an extra controller. The 360 Elite was being sold for £295 with 2 games and an extra controller. So the price difference is next to nothing now as far as the machine itself goes.

Like Clarkey says, these days its just down to whatever takes your fancy and the PS3 extras got me right in (free online, built in bluetooth and wi fi, Blu ray, the PS3 games like singtar) but its understandable that some people prefer the 360.

PS3 or xbox 360?

Xbox wireless does...

But what do YOU think???

I'd be interested to know where you dug all of that crap up from, the graphics on my PS3 will piss all over any standard X-Box because it's connected to a full HD TV with an HDMI lead. Only the 360 Elite offers an HDMI connection, and as Darkie points out that's only £5 cheaper than the PS3 and has no Blu-ray player. Sorry but the reason why the PS3 is more expensive is because it is a better machine, but from what I can see there's no difference in gaming on either.

Guest Dave7g
I'd be interested to know where you dug all of that crap up from, the graphics on my PS3 will piss all over any standard X-Box because it's connected to a full HD TV with an HDMI lead. Only the 360 Elite offers an HDMI connection, and as Darkie points out that's only £5 cheaper than the PS3 and has no Blu-ray player. Sorry but the reason why the PS3 is more expensive is because it is a better machine, but from what I can see there's no difference in gaming on either.

It's not only the Elite that's HDMI, the newer 360'sthat were built within the last year are all HDMI.