Guest the kev

what 'universe' in gaming is your favourite? a couple of mine are

oddworld

final fantasy 10

tekken

final fantasy 7

ratchet and clank

Guest Al Stevens

For me personally it's the Resident Evil universe, I haven't played the latest game on the Wii however i am looking forward to seeing how RE5 pans out and plays.

I think the reason why i like the RE series is because of the whole idea of a all powerful evil company (in Umbrella) the creation of the Zombies and other monsters and also the stories all seem to seem together perfect. Also i shale say it the movies might not be perfect however they are pretty good for video game to movies cross overs.

Guest Fiona
One of my favourites is the Legend of Zelda universe. I like how it doesn't matter which one you play the scenery is familiar. Even Windwaker at the end when you end up in Hyrule.

Guest Dr. ZERO
Discworld, without a doubt. Not my favorite game, although it's up there on the list, but I love their "universe."

The first game I'd ever played was the first of the Discworld games. Fantastic adventure and I wouldn't hesitate to say one of my favourite gaming universes! Point and clickin' at it's finest :xyx

Guest Bojangles
Resident Evil or Metal Gear, both series are are in a class of their own and have managed to engage me like no others. Most video games just bore me to tears, especially all the new junk on Xbox 360, I'm like, "Yeah, that's great, but, ummm, can we play something else?" :p

Discworld, without a doubt. Not my favorite game, although it's up there on the list, but I love their "universe."

I heartily second that.

Guest Evil Monkey
One of my favourites is the Legend of Zelda universe. I like how it doesn't matter which one you play the scenery is familiar. Even Windwaker at the end when you end up in Hyrule.

agreed. Hyrule is the place to be!!

Silent Hill on the other hand.....totally engaging don't get me wrong, but can you imagine being stuck in that town?:sad5:

Guest Al Stevens
Silent Hill on the other hand.....totally engaging don't get me wrong, but can you imagine being stuck in that town?:sad5:

Put it like this you wouldn't want to go on holiday there would you :lol Imagen the promotion for it.

"Come to Silent Hill and have every deep dark horror filled sub-conscience nightmare come to life. Skinned and knife carrying babies included" :lol

Resident Evil or Metal Gear, both series are are in a class of their own and have managed to engage me like no others. Most video games just bore me to tears, especially all the new junk on Xbox 360, I'm like, "Yeah, that's great, but, ummm, can we play something else?" :p

So you would like to be stuck in a plague infested city/terrorist hi-jacked facility?

Guest Bojangles
So you would like to be stuck in a plague infested city/terrorist hi-jacked facility?

Well, if I had to choose, I guess I'd go with Metal Gear. The storylines may seem over the top, but personally I find them pretty engaging. :)

Guest Evil Monkey
The Mass Effect world - that place is HUGE! You would never have to visit the same place twice - and the people you meet.....