Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:

The Tsongas Arena - Lowell, Massachusetts

TV Schedule:

USA: Sunday 13th April on PPV at 8e/5p - LIVE

UK: Wednesday 16th April on Bravo 2 at 9pm

TNA Lockdown 2008 will be the fourth annual Lockdown professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. It will take place on Sunday 13th April 2008 at the Tsongas Arena in Lowell, Massachusetts, and as a Lockdown tradition, all matches on the card will be contested inside the Six Sides Of Steel.

The Promotional Poster features Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe, and the Theme song is "Nothing to Lose" by Operator![/Quote]

Matches:

*TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match:

Kurt Angle (Champion) vs. Samoa Joe

NOTE: If Samoa Joe loses, he will leave TNA Wrestling.

*Lethal Lockdown Match:

Team Cage vs Team Tomko

*TNA X Division Championship Xscape Match:

Jay Lethal (Champion) vs. Curry Man vs. TBD vs. TBD vs. TBD vs. TBD[/Quote]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sparrow

Giving Samoa Joe the title now, I am don't even care, they missed that train. Now Joe has just become part of the furniture when he was once the best thing in TNA for a good 2 years.

Team Cage vs Team Tomko should be good though, depending who is in the match.

I expect some sort of Rhino, Storm match.

Xscape match should be awesome, hope to see Petey and Shark boy in there.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

These are the teams I expect to see for the Lethal Lockdown match

Team Tomko - Tomko,AJ Styles,Robert Roode,James Storm and Kip James

Team Cage - Christian Cage,Booker T,Rhino,BG James and Sting

Guest dpddave
It's only 4 man teams so I'd say leave out BG and Kip and you have your teams. Unless they bring Sting back for a once off.

That's what I was thinking, but it's TNA, so it doesn't really matter what is said and done this week as it can simply be ignored next week anyway (Team 3D were supposed to be gone from TNA, as per the stip Shark Boy mentioned on Impact, because they lost at Destination X).

That's what I was thinking, but it's TNA, so it doesn't really matter what is said and done this week as it can simply be ignored next week anyway (Team 3D were supposed to be gone from TNA, as per the stip Shark Boy mentioned on Impact, because they lost at Destination X).

I think they dropped that stip and replaced it with the no-more weigh ins one, unfounatlley they then played the previous stip announcement during the video package, adding to the confusion

So what's the bet Samoa Joe loses but is back the following week anyway and the stipulation is never mentioned again?

They couldn't do that, could they???

Guest Sparrow

Hmm since we are doing picks for teams:

Team Tomko - Tomko, AJ Styles, Brother Ray and Brother Devon.

Team Cage - Cage, Sting, Hernandez and Homicide

Also I expect Roode and Banks vs Booker and Shamell to be annouced.

Guest Slim Jim
Team Cage - Cage, Sting, Hernandez and Homicide

I agree with your TEAM TOMKO~, but I have a strong feeling that Christian will convice Rhino to be on his team. And I'm pretty sure Nash will be on it as well. I wouldn't mind having Sting return on the live Impact and join the team as well.

Guest Chriscare

Sting is returning to Impact next week. So i'm assuming he'll be the final participant to be announced for the 4 on 4 match.

Seems a very unfair match which loses a bit of interest from me. They really shouldn't have turned Christian face, he's a better Heel and there's plenty of top faces in TNA at the moment and pretty much just the one top heel.

I expect Joe to win the title, but he surely can't keep it for too long, as after he's beaten Angle there is no one else.

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"Olympic Gold Medalist" Kurt Angle vs. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe

LETHAL LOCKDOWN WEAPONS MATCH

Team Cage (Christian Cage, Kevin Nash, Rhino & Sting) vs. Team Tomko (Tomko, AJ Styles, Team 3D)

XSCAPE MATCH FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP

"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. Curry Man vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. ? vs. ? vs. ?

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

Booker T & Sharmell vs. Robert Roode & Payton Banks

FORMER PARTNERS COLLIDE

BG James vs. Kip James

WOMEN'S TAG TEAM MATCH

TNA Women's Champion Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed vs. Gail Kim & ODB

Guest Chriscare
Looks like TNA are relying on the "Lockdown" gimmick, and Joe's likely first world title win to draw the PPV, as none of the other matches on the card look worth seeing.

The are pushing the Triple Main Event of The World and X Title and Wargames match , but yeah the rest is a very supporting card.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I've got a feeling that Sonjay Dutt and Black Machismo's friendship will end before or shortly after Lockdown because the original playa from the himalaya's been in Lethal's shadow for months and slowly but surely he'll grow more resentful/jealous of Lethal's success in TNA.

Maybe the pair will split up in an Edge and Christian fashion where Dutt's genuine happiness for Lethal's accomplishments gradually turns into him acting like the accomplishments are his as well until eventually Dutt turns on Lethal to set up a fresh feud.

Edited by DarkMatchJobber

Guest Chriscare
The are pushing the Triple Main Event of The World and X Title and Wargames match , but yeah the rest is a very supporting card.

It hardly a triple main event. The X division has gone a long way down hill from when it used to be a big thing. It's just a bunch of comedy characters fighting for a title with no real feuding going on.

And the Lethal Lockdown match is hardly gonna sell a PPV, the heel team aren't really even in the same league as the faces, Team 3D are long since past it and lost to a couple of jobbers last month and got fired but TNA forgot, Tomko is absolutly terrible in every way possible and comes off as a lovely guy rather than a threat and AJ Styles is a shred of his former self, his new comedy angle is just killing him as a threat. Maybe if Lockdown was the return of Sting, but they're doing that on Impact instead.

I don't really watch Impact,can someone fill me in on the Joe/Angle build up.I heard something about an MMA match or something like that.

Angle has dropped the comedy charatcer for the time being and is back to the intense person he was back in 2006. To build up the match Anlge is doing squash MMA matches against jobbers, whilst Joe will be doing training vignettes leading up to the PPV. Apparantly they will be having the match in a very MMA style.

So far its been really good, and about time that TNA tried to directly appeal to that demograhic.

Guest FreeSpirit
I'm excited to see Joe Vs Angle in a cage, but I'm very disappointed that I could bet my mortgage on the outcome of the match. Far too predictable for my liking, and not a great build up to the match with Samoa Joe off TV now until Lockdown.

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity