Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Konnan suing TNA over alleged racism

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
BREAKING Exclusive News: Konnan Files Lawsuit Against TNA

by Chris Cash

I just got off the phone with Konnan and he told me to make the following public:

The lawsuit papers are now officially in the hands of TNA's office regarding racism toward Konnan. In addition to the main issue of him being held back due to racism and discrimination, Konnan also has other topics included in the lawsuit as well.

Promises that were made to Konnan regarding his hip replacement are also a key subject addressed in the lawsuit. The fact that they said they would help him pay for the surgery and didn't, in addition to them not helping Ron Killings with his surgery, yet helped pay for Scott Steiners' recent operation, is also more leverage Konnan plans to bring up.

Several names are mentioned including Jeff Jarrett, Dutch Mantel, Vince Russo, Terry Taylor, and others. WCW's old racial lawsuit has been mentioned as well to support Konnan's argument against Vince Russo and others. Drug usage within the "higher ups" in TNA are also mentioned.

TNA now has thirty days to respond to the suit. Konnan stated that they can settle out of court or of course, go to court in which case he says things will definitely get "messy".

WrestleZone.com will have much more on this in the coming weeks. In addition, we are planning on having a live 5150 with Konnan to discuss the issue further with the man behind the driver seat. We hope to get word from those involved on TNA's side of things, but they may be a little less "open", so don't expect it. But we will definitely do our best.

Credit: Wrestlezone.com

Not good news for TNA in the current climate towards wrestling, having to defend themselves against being branded a racist company is not something they will be too happy about at all

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chriscare
pfft, it's not racism, its WWEism, TNA didn't class him as a big star because he wasn't one in WWE, neither was killings, Scott Steiner was. I really hopes this comes back to bit Konnan in the ass.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
TNA didn't class him as a big star because he wasn't one in WWE, neither was killings
Killings was K-Kwik in WWE :good222:

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
K-Kwik was a big star?
Not really but then I didn't see that part of his post saying they were not big stars in WWE :)

Guest Dave7g

Yeah right Konnan, held back due to racism eh? While Killings was the World Champ?

Konnan wasn't held back, Konnan just flat out sucks in the ring.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
TNA were slap bang out of order not paying for Konnan's surgery and it doesn't matter whether he was a big star in WWE or not,if your company doesn't look after you than they're breaking the law and I hope he does get to court and wins.

Guest Slim Jim
TNA were slap bang out of order not paying for Konnan's surgery and it doesn't matter whether he was a big star in WWE or not,if your company doesn't look after you than they're breaking the law and I hope he does get to court and wins.

How are they breaking the law?

Guest FreeSpirit

Why should TNA pay for his surgery if he was stupid enough not to have an adequate insurance policy to cover him for stuff like this. It's his own negligence and he wouldn't stand a chance of winning any courtcase.

Also If TNA paid for his surgery, then they'd have to pay for everyone who got injured in their company without insurance. They're a business at the end of the day, not a charity.

Guest Fiona

Yeah I don't understand this either. If it is in his contract that they have to pay for medical expenses and they don't then maybe he can get them for not following the terms and conditions of his employment, but if it's not in there and this is a non-wrestling injury then I don't see him winning in court.

Guest The Beltster

Konnan is full of sh*t, this isnt the first time the fat, lazy b*stard has attempted to use racism as a way of getting a court settlement big payqueque.

If TNA were racist, Killings wouldnt have been gived the top title as has been mentioned, they also wouldnt have hired Booker T or any other non-white wrestler or talent and wouldnt be pushing Amazing Kong.

Racism shines through in wrestling angles and storylines and stereotypes are often prevelant, but thats how its always been. There have been white stereotypes aswell.

Konnan, do us all a favour and shut the f*ck up!

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Just because some black wrestlers are pushed now and again it doesn't mean that racism isn't around in the major wrestling promotions,let's look at various comments and scenes which display this...

When Vince McMahon called John Cena a nigger and instantly the camera switched to Booker T who had to use one of his trademark quotes upon hearing it.

Muhammad Hassan,he was presented as an Arab-American so of course he was anti-american and a wannabe terrorist.

Tajiri who being Japanese was made to bow every five minutes and use broken English whenever he talked not to mention the horrible music.

WWE when they welcomed back Tony Atlas but then gave him the insulting and horrible gimmick of Saba Simba the tribesman.

WCW who initially wanted Booker T and Stevie Ray to be led to the ring by Colonel Parker with chains round their necks because he 'owned them'.

WCW who put luchadores in pinjata matches.

WWE who presented three Mexican wrestlers with incredible talent as lawn mowing,lazy and immigrant like heels.

Yeah you can argue all day that a promotion isn't racist because they've made a black man world champion but look how often that's happened...not much eh???

And as for Konnan being a fat,lazy b*stard he's a lot better on the mic and in the ring than most of the clowns who call themselves superstars these days and his LAX run was basically him getting to air the genuine disdain and hatred Latinos felt for the way they're treated in the States.

Guest Jimmy Redman
The general presence of stereotypes and racism in wrestling has little to do with the particular issue at hand, which is TNA's treatment of Konnan. Cruel perhaps (especially with the surgery issue, but then again he didnt have insurance) but not racist, IMO.

Just because some black wrestlers are pushed now and again it doesn't mean that racism isn't around in the major wrestling promotions,let's look at various comments and scenes which display this...

Yes lets.

When Vince McMahon called John Cena a nigger and instantly the camera switched to Booker T who had to use one of his trademark quotes upon hearing it.

He had to did he? My god, Vince used street slang (which would have been pretty much OK given the circumstances, except it was from Vinces mouth :lol). And then Booker used his catchphrase and expressed shock over Vince saying the word nigger.

Muhammad Hassan,he was presented as an Arab-American so of course he was anti-american and a wannabe terrorist.

He was presented as a sympathiser of Americqan arabs who were demonised post 9/11. The crowd played it up and (storyline wise) its due to the reactions of Americans to Hassan actually talking sense that he became more extreme in his views. It was a very realistic progression.

Tajiri who being Japanese was made to bow every five minutes and use broken English whenever he talked not to mention the horrible music.

Jesus, that was only in the short term as him and Regal both played up to sterotypes.

WWE when they welcomed back Tony Atlas but then gave him the insulting and horrible gimmick of Saba Simba the tribesman.

Cant comment, I dont remember much of the stuff.

WCW who initially wanted Booker T and Stevie Ray to be led to the ring by Colonel Parker with chains round their necks because he 'owned them'.

Same.

WCW who put luchadores in pinjata matches.

WCW who put everyone in stupid matches. :lol

WWE who presented three Mexican wrestlers with incredible talent as lawn mowing,lazy and immigrant like heels.

Yeah, point there.

But what about all the people from the Deep South of the USA... they are portrayed as stereotypes, as are Brits (be they English or Scottish or Irish), the French are too.

Wrestling is about basics, and if that means someone acting from their base type then so be it. Its not just a race thing is it?

Guest Jimmy Redman
Wrestling is about basics' date=' and if that means someone acting from their base type then so be it. Its not just a race thing is it?[/quote']

That was my first thought when I first read this thread. Wrestling is chock full of all types of stereotypes. Just look at the Divas to see that.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I can't dispute that wrestling is and always will heavily stereotype people and that's a horrible thing to do because most people watch wrestling to escape that sort of thing.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity