Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Wrestlemania Rituals

Guest mrkennedy

Guest mrkennedy
So Wrestlemania is upon us my favorite night of the year. At the Royal Rumble me and my three mates all write down what we think the card is going to be for Mania then on the night of Mania we compare notes the closest to the card doesn't have to pay for anything and the other three one orders mania one gets the munchies and the other one gets the beers.We have done this for the last three years its quiet fun. This thread is to share your Wrestlemania ritual is.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Laffy
I sit down and normally watch last years show, getting me in the mood, then for some reason it started at wrestlemania 15, and i do not think he was even on the show. I do the Ric Flair wooo and comb my fingers through my hair sit down and watch the show. This year part of me is glad i am not going to Bangor for wrestlemania only part as my friend has a replica Flair robe and he is lending it to me for the PPV. Yes i know sad very sad. But imagine what would have happened if i had put it on in front of DC and Nimf!

Guest The Beltster

Back in the day I used to have to tape it on Sky Movies and then wait until the next day at school to see it, and try and avoid any of my friends who were allowed to stay up to watch it :lol

I remember WrestleMania VI (which is my favourite as most people know), I drew up these Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior posters, I spent weeks on them, I also made a World and IC belt out of card and all this kinda thing...I was 11 at the time, greatest fanship period of my life.

These days I dont have a ritual, I stopped watching live after WM21. I'll download it Monday and skim through it to see if anything is decent.

Edited by The Beltster

Pull up the most comfortable chair in front of the big TV so that I'm about five inches away from the screen. Giant bags of Doritos and M&Ms as well as a six pack of Dr Pepper. Usually take a nap around 10pm for about 45 mins then check out whats going on online before taking the seat around 10 mins before the show starts

. I can remember staying up on wrestlemania when i had a art exam next day, only had 3 hours sleep as well

I did that for XIX, got less than two hours sleep and went into school the next day. It was like I was stoned, I was ten seconds behind every senteance in a conversation and at one point was staring aimlessly at the wall. Didnt regret it though. :)

I sit down and normally watch last years show, getting me in the mood, then for some reason it started at wrestlemania 15, and i do not think he was even on the show. I do the Ric Flair wooo and comb my fingers through my hair sit down and watch the show. This year part of me is glad i am not going to Bangor for wrestlemania only part as my friend has a replica Flair robe and he is lending it to me for the PPV. Yes i know sad very sad. But imagine what would have happened if i had put it on in front of DC and Nimf!

You must have found it really hard to stay awake for WM10 and 12 considering you watch last year's show before the main show...

Just make sure if Flair blades in his match (which I'm sure he shall) you don't do the same or it might be lafdeada when you bleed to death lol.

Guest carlito is cool
Gonna be the first PPV ive stayed up for since last years Mania. Few lads are coming round mainly because of Floyd vs Big Show. Only show of the year im really interested in. I may not be keen on WWE or wrestling in general much anymore but Wrestlemania (especially since 17) very rarely dissapoints.

Guest Rebekah
Not really a Wrestlemania ritual, more of a PPV ritual, i normally just get some munchies in for it and sit back on the sofa and enjoy it. Normally watch it alone but my Hubby will be joining me live this time. First PPV on Sky Box Office HD too so it'll be even better.

Guest Laffy
You must have found it really hard to stay awake for WM10 and 12 considering you watch last year's show before the main show...

Just make sure if Flair blades in his match (which I'm sure he shall) you don't do the same or it might be lafdeada when you bleed to death lol.

I have to say i quite enjoy them as its wrestlemania, granted its not the best but there you are. Im not that crazy, I have done a couple of blade jobs before but always cocked it up so never will again. My friend has asked me to watch the ultimate Flair collection before wrestlemania as well as the show. I just wish i could see the HOF dusty getting inducted but untill i buy the dvd i can't. I do not get paid till monday :( luckily i recorded the show and have a dvd recorded copy.

Guest Evil Monkey
no ritual per se. I will just avoid all internet access on Monday as I tend to record it and watch it the day after - I'm too lazy to stay up!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I just lay on my bed and clockwatch coutning down every 15 mins or so until Mania is on, not the most exciting ritual in the world but then I am not the most exciting guy in the world either :lol

Guest Toilet Duck
I did that for XIX, got less than two hours sleep and went into school the next day. It was like I was stoned, I was ten seconds behind every senteance in a conversation and at one point was staring aimlessly at the wall. Didnt regret it though. :)

Story of my Wrestlemania every year. I dont expect it to be any different this year. Never cross a busy road on your own after anything close to an all nighter.

As for rituals , I have been skimming thorugh a few of the older Wrestlemanias for the past week. And theirs always usualy one or two easter eggs left over to chow down for the show. Another ritual of mine is to just be a complete mark during Wrestlemania week.

Case in point , I bought the official wwe magazine the other day.

I have to say i quite enjoy them as its wrestlemania, granted its not the best but there you are. Im not that crazy, I have done a couple of blade jobs before but always cocked it up so never will again. My friend has asked me to watch the ultimate Flair collection before wrestlemania as well as the show. I just wish i could see the HOF dusty getting inducted but untill i buy the dvd i can't. I do not get paid till monday :( luckily i recorded the show and have a dvd recorded copy.

Lol why did you decide to do a blade job? Your not a wrestler are you?

Guest HBKFan88
Well me and my brother always talk about past WrestleMania's or watch previous ones on the day, last year we watched WrestleMania 14 and this Sunday we'll watch WrestleMania X, we always get big packs of crisps, 6 packs of coke, Fanta or whatever and just enjoy ourselves..

Guest Laffy
I trained in Newport/Cardiff for 9 months hurt myself badly was out of action and on crutches for a year and then started training to be a ref, left newport before i could finish but am looking about here West Wales to find a wrestling school and b somewhere to complete my qualification.

Ah ok I see. Lol was more thinking you just do that sort of thing in your spare time. Pretend your Flair against a pillow pretending to be Dusty or something ha.

Guest Laffy
Ah ok I see. Lol was more thinking you just do that sort of thing in your spare time. Pretend your Flair against a pillow pretending to be Dusty or something ha.

Done that as a kid oh and make up matches in my head as if i am Flair, its fun but sad!

Done that as a kid oh and make up matches in my head as if i am Flair, its fun but sad!

Ah nothing wrong with that. I'm sure the great man himself could have had a decent match with a pillow. Would have probably been easier than with El Gigante.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity