Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE Backlash 2008 Discussion Thread- April 27, 2008 from Baltimore, MD (#10)

TPIB

The 10'th Annual WWE Backlash will come to you, live in WWE HD, on April 27, 2008 from the 1'st Mariner Arena in Baltimore, MD.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/wwecsh88/200px-Backlash08.jpg

Confirmed Matches

WWE Championship: 4-Way Elimination Match:

Randy Orton © Vs. JBL Vs. Triple H Vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship: WrestleMania Rematch:

The Undertaker © Vs. Edge

ECW Championship: WrestleMania Rematch:

Kane © Vs. Chavo Guerrero (with Bam Neely)

Special Referee- Chris Jericho:

Batista Vs. Shawn Michaels

Big Show Vs. The Great Khali

United States Championship:

MVP © Vs. Matt Hardy

12-Diva Tag Match:

Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Cherry, Maria, Ashley, & Michelle McCool Vs. Beth Phoenix, Layla, Natalya, Melina, Jillian, & Victoria

Mick Foley To Debut As SmackDown Color Commentator

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if they continue doing anything with HBK/Batista to be honest.

As for the rest of the card? I hope we don't get a rematch of the 3 way. The top 2 matches of each brand shouldn't just be a repeat of WrestleMania. I'd expect it to be a 4 way if anything with a certain Texan who isn't HBK added.

EDIT: Lol upon reading certain ahem documents on what happened Wednesday, I think Rebekah might be right.

Edited by Jung

Guest Chriscare
Reader Mark sent word that there are advertisements running on Sky Sports 3 in the United Kingdom promoting Triple H vs. JBL vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship at Backlash later this month.

Source Prowrestling.com

If that's right i wonder what they're doing with Cena. I imagine it'll be be obvious this time tomorrow.

, so they might injure him or something.

I just had a mental image of Cena running down a corridor being pursued by Vince and a pack of dogs.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Cena was reportedly going to carry on wrestling while he is filming '12 Rounds' but on a very limited schedule as it is being filmed in New Orleans he can fly to Raw and the like but they don't want to put him in any major feud as it would require him to promote the feud which will conflict with his filming schedule

Guest Black Knight
Reader Mark sent word that there are advertisements running on Sky Sports 3 in the United Kingdom promoting Triple H vs. JBL vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship at Backlash later this month.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

So we are lurching from a Triple Threat to a Fatal Four Way for the WWE Title then? can't say I am too enthusiastic about it but we shall see how it develops

The Batista vs Michaels match is the on that interestes me more on this show

Guest Kanenite
Batista vs HBK has me really interested, I hope they carry this on for a while. Taker vs Edge i'm sure will be a great match, Kane/Chavo should be good, better if Kane retains and the Fatal Four way has me intrigued, i'm sure it'll be a really good match, if anything like last years with non-stop action it'll be very good.

Really wish the fatal four way match was an elimination match
I said the exact same thing when it was confirmed.
the Fatal Four way has me intrigued, i'm sure it'll be a really good match, if anything like last years with non-stop action it'll be very good.
I was going to say that. Having reviewed last year's Backlash for *plug* Wrestling 101 *plug* recently, I can only hope that this year's main-event can come close to last year's.

Guest Fiona
Maybe it's just me but I can't see where this HBK/Batista feud is going. Their both faces and it doesn't make any sense. I wonder if there is a heel turn on the way and who it will be. I'm guessing Batista since he is the one making the big deal about it.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity