Fan Clubs

WWEisms and are SMARKS really MARKS

Guest Jayfunk

Guest Jayfunk

watching a few wwe docs lately and had to laugh at some of the bollocks that wwe made docs come out with:

- it was wrong for bishoff to raid ecw for talent BUT ok for for Vince to do the same to AWA putting them out of business (what vince did to them in terms of talent was far worst than wcw did)

- it was wrong for bret not to do 'right thing' but ok for Flair and Taker not to do the right thing eg (flair's last match should have been against the next generation talent to put them over (eg cena, orton etc) not micheals who should be gone soon too, i feel taker should have put edge over last night as hogan put him over)

- it is wrong for bishoff to try to WWF out of business but right for Vince to actually do to most of the terrorories (sp)

in the end of the day history is written by the victors but i am personally sick of reversionary history.

here one i am sick of (many a smark comment although it normally proves they are actually just MARKS.

- when TNA signs a former WWE talent they are rejects, but OK for WWE to sign former WCW talent who have been fired (Steve Austin one of the bigest rejects in history and he is one of the best wrestler ever, some wrestlers don't work very well normally to do with there style WWE is less about wrestling than the southern styles are

can't anyone think of any more

P.S no WWE or TNA bashing

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk
But you've bashed WWE throughout your post?

I don't get this thread :/

is it bashing if what they are saying is wrong?

what am looking for is if people had any other examples of things in wrestling that people say after the event which is clearly wrong WWE or TNA or any company

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Wrestling promotions constantly contradict themselves and are hypocrites,it's just an accepted part of the business.

Here are a few that have annoyed me.

WWE poked fun at WCW for having aging veterans headlining their events yet who is headlining in WWE most of the time and getting the most exposure? Flair,HHH,HBK,Taker,Finlay and company.

If Eric Bischoff hadn't decided to go live with Nitro and reveal RAW results to get an advantage than someone else would have arrived at that conclusion and done the same thing because WWE were asking for it at the time,they were complacent and behind the times in production.

I think the main reason TNA signings are regarded as rejects is because many people still think of them as young upstarts and don't like the idea of wrestlers being able to make good money/get exposure somewhere other than WWE.

WWE complained about Lex Luger appearing on Nitro after assuring he'd stay with WWE yet they tried to get UFC announcer Mike Goldberg to no show a UFC event and become a RAW announcer.

Guest Jayfunk
Wrestling promotions constantly contradict themselves and are hypocrites,it's just an accepted part of the business.

Here are a few that have annoyed me.

WWE poked fun at WCW for having aging veterans headlining their events yet who is headlining in WWE most of the time and getting the most exposure? Flair,HHH,HBK,Taker,Finlay and company.

If Eric Bischoff hadn't decided to go live with Nitro and reveal RAW results to get an advantage than someone else would have arrived at that conclusion and done the same thing because WWE were asking for it at the time,they were complacent and behind the times in production.

I think the main reason TNA signings are regarded as rejects is because many people still think of them as young upstarts and don't like the idea of wrestlers being able to make good money/get exposure somewhere other than WWE.

WWE complained about Lex Luger appearing on Nitro after assuring he'd stay with WWE yet they tried to get UFC announcer Mike Goldberg to no show a UFC event and become a RAW announcer.

i seem to rememeber aload of awa talent no showing only heenan didn't. thanks for the post excaltly what i was looking for

Guest DarkMatchJobber

One of the biggest annoyances for me is the long line of WWE and TNA wrestlers always ready to criticise Eric Bischoff and have a good old moan about how he ignored them,only talked to the main eventers blah...blah...blah

At the end of the day Bischoff turned a flagging brand in WCW around to the point that they could have killed the WWE and he couldn't have come close to that by being everybody's friend and boss of the month could he?

Bischoff was friends with Hogan,Bischoff pushed Hogan.........um yes because Hogan was WCW's biggest star and he needed to keep Hogan happy.

It's so easy for people to jump on the Bischoff was a sneaky,double dealing git bandwagon but many forget just how smart the guy is.

I reckon it'd be a different story if it was Vince McMahon working for Eric Bischoff.

But you've bashed WWE throughout your post?

I don't get this thread :/

is it bashing if what they are saying is wrong?

what am looking for is if people had any other examples of things in wrestling that people say after the event which is clearly wrong WWE or TNA or any company

If you're not singling out WWE (which you are), then why did you call the thread "WWEisms and are SMARKS really MARKS"?

Guest Jayfunk
If you're not singling out WWE (which you are), then why did you call the thread "WWEisms and are SMARKS really MARKS"?

ah my favourite english wrestler, as the wwe have won most of the rubbish comes from them that was my point...

but as you seem to be a wwe mark please bash away if it makes you feel better

Guest Christof

DC isn't English.......

I presume from your sig that you are in fact a TNA smark. And really there is no difference in the two breeds, just a matter of taste.

Guest John Hancock

Are you under contract from TNA or something? It's getting silly now. Ah well:

- I don't like Hogan accusing Warrior of being good on the mic, but bad in the ring, and insulting him because of it.

- I don't like Kurt Angle slagging off HHH and HBK for using their pull in WWE, whilst he's pretty much doing the exact same thing in TNA. F*ck it, I just don't like Kurt Angle.

The reason people (me included) rip into TNA for using old talent from WWE and WCW is because TNA have an AMAZINGLY talented roster (Styles, Daniels, Joe, Shelly, Lethal, Sabin, Devine, Rave, Dutt, Abyss) but don't ever bother doing anything with them, and instead spend all their time and money on talentless has been that might have drawn 10 years ago, like Kevin f*cking Nash, because someone back there *cough*Russo*cough* still thinks it's 1994. I thought that would be clear even to the biggest TNA mark.

-

WHAT!? Hypocricey in the wrestling business and amngst it's fans? You'll be hard pressed to find a lot of examples of that!

Guest Jayfunk
Are you under contract from TNA or something? It's getting silly now. Ah well:

- I don't like Hogan accusing Warrior of being good on the mic, but bad in the ring, and insulting him because of it.

- I don't like Kurt Angle slagging off HHH and HBK for using their pull in WWE, whilst he's pretty much doing the exact same thing in TNA. F*ck it, I just don't like Kurt Angle.

The reason people (me included) rip into TNA for using old talent from WWE and WCW is because TNA have an AMAZINGLY talented roster (Styles, Daniels, Joe, Shelly, Lethal, Sabin, Devine, Rave, Dutt, Abyss) but don't ever bother doing anything with them, and instead spend all their time and money on talentless has been that might have drawn 10 years ago, like Kevin f*cking Nash, because someone back there *cough*Russo*cough* still thinks it's 1994. I thought that would be clear even to the biggest TNA mark.

-

i prefer the term wrestling mark.... i am not blind to TNA weakness i just don't care about them i like wrestling in the ring which tna is always have been better.....also it's slightly rich when you talk about old wrestler as said before (HBK, Flair, Taker, HHH, Finley, Regal etc) they need big names to get the causal viewers

i prefer the term wrestling mark.... i am not blind to TNA weakness i just don't care about them i like wrestling in the ring which tna is always have been better.....also it's slightly rich when you talk about old wrestler as said before (HBK, Flair, Taker, HHH, Finley, Regal etc) they need big names to get the causal viewers

There's virtually no full-time big names who would get TNA any casual viewers. The fact Sting's arrival gained them a tiny increase shows that.

And as for TNA being better? I'd say currently WWE are a lot better in every level and WWE aren't even great themselves, which surely says a lot.

Guest John Hancock

Finley and Regal? What the Christ? Regal doesn't even wrestle anymore and Finley is an upper midcarder (at best) on the WWE's B-show, where as Kevin Nash is main eventing PPVs.

The difference between Booker T, Nash, Goldust, Rikishi, Test, random football players and HBK, Flair, the Undertaker, HHH? Well, there's many. One, HBK, 'Taker and HHH are still REALLY good workers, Trips and Shawn especially. Two, they ACCTUALLY draw. A lot. Everywhere.

Goldust, Booker T, Nash, Rikishi and Test didn't draw sh*t in the WWE, so why would they all of a sudden in TNA?

Guest Jayfunk
Finley and Regal? What the Christ? Regal doesn't even wrestle anymore and Finley is an upper midcarder (at best) on the WWE's B-show, where as Kevin Nash is main eventing PPVs.

The difference between Booker T, Nash, Goldust, Rikishi, Test, random football players and HBK, Flair, the Undertaker, HHH? Well, there's many. One, HBK, 'Taker and HHH are still REALLY good workers, Trips and Shawn especially. Two, they ACCTUALLY draw. A lot. Everywhere.

Goldust, Booker T, Nash, Rikishi and Test didn't draw sh*t in the WWE, so why would they all of a sudden in TNA?

austin drew nothing wcw, it's worth a try, besdies booker t is doing well making roode a star, nash shouldn't wrestle is is great at laughs, black reigin isn't that bad, test and rikishi wasn't in it for long..

HHH isn't a good worker he has the same 20 minute matc h all the time it's dull that's why 2002 largely sucked

beside in the DX main event there were five younger wrestler with 2 main tna guys Styles and Joe which are one of the best wrestler around

austin drew nothing wcw, it's worth a try, besdies booker t is doing well making roode a star, nash shouldn't wrestle is is great at laughs, black reigin isn't that bad, test and rikishi wasn't in it for long..

HHH isn't a good worker he has the same 20 minute matc h all the time it's dull that's why 2002 largely sucked

beside in the DX main event there were five younger wrestler with 2 main tna guys Styles and Joe which are one of the best wrestler around

Thing is though it's irrelevant how good in the ring AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are if they are used poorly. If it was Shawn Michaels being used in the same way, it would be the same.

And if Bobby Roode makes TNA any money, I'll donate my kidneys to Jake Roberts.

Guest John Hancock

The only thing that makes TNA any money at all is this:

They are a wrestling company. They aren't WWE.

RoH are too "indy". CZW is too hardcore. Puro stuff is too....puro. People just want an alternative, but they don't want MUCH of an alternative. TNA is about as close as you're ever going to get to WWE without a McMahon being involved, so people watch it. It could suck even more b*lls than it already does, but as long as it stays in the same sports entertainment vain as WWE, people will watch it just so they can be counter culture and endlessly shout that obnoxious "TNA!" chant at everything that happens as if the company has any individuality at all and is the new ECW or something.

The WWE's failings are TNA's failings. NOTHING draws for TNA. No matter what they do, no matter who they sign, no one gives a sh*t. The only thing that helps them out is people getting fed up of WWE, so they switch over to TNA. That's literally it. That's why no TNA fans can compliment "their" company without insulting WWE. The only positive thing I've ever heard about TNA, even from their fans, is "It's not as sh*t as the WWE. F*ck John Cena!"

Guest Jayfunk
Thing is though it's irrelevant how good in the ring AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are if they are used poorly. If it was Shawn Michaels being used in the same way, it would be the same.

he is one for the future he plays the same role as JBL and i prefer his version as it is more gritty he has sold matches he is like kaz he needs more main events outings

Guest Al Stevens
Yeah if TNA is going to be around for a future (oh and before it's the whole "your a WWE mark you wouldnt know what Wrestling is" bullcrap i try to watch every wrestling promotion however TNA really does give me a head ache)