Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Good Idea, Bad Idea *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Guest MojoPogo

Guest MojoPogo

Its been a while since we done this, but here goes, everyone suggests a good idea and bad idea either as a suggestion for the future, or something that is currently happening in wrestling in general, WWE, TNA, ROH or the indies. Here goes....

Good idea - Ric Flair retiring.

Bad idea - Punk as heavyweight champion. Ok, I may get some abuse for that, but as much as i like the guy, and he has the tools, I just couldnt buy him as heavyweight champ. I just couldnt ever see him bringing down someone like Show, or Khali even, cleanly. Im sorry internet fans, but thats my opinion.....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a while since we done this, but here goes, everyone suggests a good idea and bad idea either as a suggestion for the future, or something that is currently happening in wrestling in general, WWE, TNA, ROH or the indies. Here goes....

Good idea - Ric Flair retiring.

Bad idea - Punk as heavyweight champion. Ok, I may get some abuse for that, but as much as i like the guy, and he has the tools, I just couldnt buy him as heavyweight champ. I just couldnt ever see him bringing down someone like Show, or Khali even, cleanly. Im sorry internet fans, but thats my opinion.....

Why couldn't you see him bringing down Show or Khali? I mean he's the same size as Shawn Michaels, Benoit, Jericho etc?

I don't think Punk's anywhere near ready but he certainly has some potential, plus we've not seen him as a heel yet, so who knows? Unfortunately there aren't really many guys who they can look to for the future.

Right for me

Good Idea- TNA finally giving Samoa Joe the main belt...probably

Bad Idea- TNA finally giving Samoa Joe the main belt...because they'll probably manage to f*ck it up...more than they already have done

Guest MojoPogo
Sorry Jung, but i cant see Go to Sleep even putting a dent in an angry Big Show, and the Anaconda Vice? Khali would surely power out of it. It would hurt him sure, but it wouldnt stop him. Sorry, Im a bad person for dissing the mighty Punk, I know. Hey, you never know, he might prove me wrong....

Guest ajkennedy

I think that's bring in the idea that every champion has to weigh 250 pounds and be 6' 4'' in the WWE. I don't think that they would ever dare put him in a feud with Khali.

Good Idea - Orton retaining. That shocked me a hell of a lot more than Cena returning, and I it actually makes his title reign worthy, than before waiting for Cena do come back.

Bad Idea - Bring back Cryme Tyme...

Guest Danny Styles

To be honest i don't see much difference between Punk and HBK- and if he was in a fued with Show or Khali they could make a thing about him having to be resourceful and find a new way to beat them. And havnig them tap to the Anaconda Vice would realllly put that move over.

Good idea: TNA firing it's writers

Bad idea: The Motor City Machine Guns not being in a 30 minute match every impact

Sorry Jung, but i cant see Go to Sleep even putting a dent in an angry Big Show, and the Anaconda Vice? Khali would surely power out of it. It would hurt him sure, but it wouldnt stop him. Sorry, Im a bad person for dissing the mighty Punk, I know. Hey, you never know, he might prove me wrong....

I'm not Punk's biggest fan, but why should Punk beating Big Show or Khali realistically mean anything?

Could Jericho? HBK? Bret Hart? Flair? Steamboat? Austin? Eddie? Mysterio? and so on?

I don't see the relevance to be honest.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Good Idea: Awesome Kong joining WWE and destroying all the ex-model Divas in ultra stiff style (one for the future there people :lol)

Bad Idea: WWE employing all the ex-models and rarther then just using them as valets actually putting them in the ring in matches

Good Idea: Awesome Kong joining WWE and destroying all the ex-model Divas in ultra stiff style

That would be epic!

Good Idea- Get rid of a majority of the WWE Divas except for the ones who can actually wrestle (Victoria, Mickie James, Melina, Michelle McCool, etc.), but keep Maryse & Katie Lea. Get rid of the ones like Maria, Ashley, and especially Candice. Then focus on building a women's roster that means something.

Bad Idea- John Cena as WWE Champion. It's always a bad idea.

As far as the Punk thing goes, I don't think Punk can realistically win or keep a hold of the WWE Title, just based on the main eventers that circle around it. Punk as World Heavyweight Champion would be a stretch, but I could see it. The perfect fit for Punk is being ECW Champion, but I can't see him cashing in his MITB for the ECW Title, at least while Kane is champion. Punk moving to RAW is a bad move, he is a main eventer on ECW, but he would be at the level of Carlito or Mr. Kennedy or lower on RAW. Also, Punk beating Khali would make sense, storyline-wise, but not Big Show. Show has too much of a legacy in the WWE than just being "The World's Largest Athlete". He's a former WWE, WCW, & ECW Champion. Sure, Khali is a former World Heavyweight Champion, but that would not have happened if not for Edge's injury and it really should not have happened, anyways.

To be honest i don't see much difference between Punk and HBK

Talent?

Good idea: TNA firing it's writers

Bad idea: The Motor City Machine Guns not being in a 30 minute match every impact

I can dig this. More MCMG, more WRESTLING (their strongpoint), less non-sensical plotholes and more emphasis on simple storylines and great action.

Good idea: Tell Mike Tenay to STFU!

Bad idea: Keep the emphasis on pushing EVERYONE to the point that no one stands out. TNA need to have a pecking order of main eventers and upper midcarders so that only a select few are true main eventers (and make sure it stays this way for ages).

For example, I'd have 2008 focused around Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Christian Cage whilst they build Bobby Roode, Booker T (and man did he ever become a midcarder overnight) and James Storm. Then come 2009, move Cage down to upper-midcard and have Storm, Roode and Angle as the top heels and Joe and Booker as top babyfaces whilst they use Cage to build a new star like AJ Styles. Then move AJ up and Booker down so that he and Cage can make a star out of the next prodigy, whomever it may be.

By the end of it, the ex-WWE guys will be your upper-midcard star makers and they'll have a main event full of unique homemade stars (plus Angle). That is how you make money-making stars and build a proper pecking order. Look at what WWE do - they use guys like Chris Jericho who wrestle great, to put over the guys who actually make money like John Cena, so that they make even more money and freshen the main event scene with new stars. But Jericho isn't a headlining main eventer and they don't position him as such. Cena, Orton, HHH, Edge, Taker and Batista (three on each brand is really good) are the big drawing stars and that's how it is pushed and that's why it draws.

As for WWE:

Good idea: Keep the belt on Orton. I like his work.

Bad idea: Keep Coach at the commentary table. His work at Mania was shambolic, he foreshadows everything because of his inability to commentate like he doesn't know the end result, and he just sucks. Fire him already.

Good Idea- Get rid of a majority of the WWE Divas except for the ones who can actually wrestle (Victoria, Mickie James, Melina, Michelle McCool, etc.), but keep Maryse & Katie Lea.
Katie Lea is probably the best female wrestler on the roster, but Maryse brings nothing worthwhile to the show and should be sent back on the next boat to Nova Scotia.

Good idea: Keep the belt on Orton. I like his work.
I've really started to mark for Orton quite a bit recently, so the longer his reign goes, IMO, the better.

Good idea: Start to give a sh*t about the tag-team division by booking meaningful tag matches and having the tag champions appear regularly.

Bring all the teams together for one division, take steps to make the people care about them and the WWE Tag Team Championship could mean something again.

Bad idea: Mike Tenay and Don West being allowed anywhere near a commentary booth.

I'd be willing to write this off as a failed experiment and have TNA place Scott Hudson and Scotty D'Amore on commentary instead.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
it would suck as wwe doesn't respect in ring talent
Then Awsome Kong would beat some respect into them and that would be even more epic :lol

it would suck as wwe doesn't respect in ring talent

Eh? Ric Flair called to ask what you're on about.

Seriously what are you smoking, I'd love to try it.

Guest Jayfunk
Katie Lea is probably the best female wrestler on the roster, but Maryse brings nothing worthwhile to the show and should be sent back on the next boat to Nova Scotia.

I've really started to mark for Orton quite a bit recently, so the longer his reign goes, IMO, the better.

Good idea: Start to give a sh*t about the tag-team division by booking meaningful tag matches and having the tag champions appear regularly.

Bring all the teams together for one division, take steps to make the people care about them and the WWE Tag Team Championship could mean something again.

Bad idea: Mike Tenay and Don West being allowed anywhere near a commentary booth.

I'd be willing to write this off as a failed experiment and have TNA place Scott Hudson and Scotty D'Amore on commentary instead.

Tenay is a legend have some repsect he cares about the TNA product it is clear he is head and shoulders better than any one in the WWE (expect for Ross and the KIng)

West isn't that bad, they get pumped up which i like and at least they do say the same damn things all the time like cole.

howver i agree with the tage team situation it is because none of there belts mean a thing as they have two of them... i know i will get stick for this on this WWE forum but at least the TNA belts means something there is 1 world champion, 1 tag team champion, 1 X division champion and 1 knockout champion and all of which are very good Angle is a top draw main eventer. tomako and styles are the best tag around. kong best woman worker and Lethal best crusier what more can you ask for?

Guest bigmatt
Tenay is a legend have some repsect he cares about the TNA product it is clear he is head and shoulders better than any one in the WWE (expect for Ross and the KIng)

West isn't that bad, they get pumped up which i like and at least they do say the same damn things all the time like cole.

howver i agree with the tage team situation it is because none of there belts mean a thing as they have two of them... i know i will get stick for this on this WWE forum but at least the TNA belts means something there is 1 world champion, 1 tag team champion, 1 X division champion and 1 knockout champion and all of which are very good Angle is a top draw main eventer. tomako and styles are the best tag around. kong best woman worker and Lethal best crusier what more can you ask for?

1 tag team champion is true in TNA,who needs a partner eh?

or to make the weight for a title?

Guest Jayfunk
Eh? Ric Flair called to ask what you're on about.

Seriously what are you smoking, I'd love to try it.

you may count flairs 5 moves has in ring talent watch some ROh/TNA/Japan wrestling or in flairs case anyone else.

they show how little they respect in ring ability by killing the cruiserweights

you may count flairs 5 moves has in ring talent watch some ROh/TNA/Japan wrestling or in flairs case anyone else.

You do realize there's more to "in-ring talent" that chain wrestling, backflips, and head drops, right? What exactly do you define it as, because reading your posts you come off as though you're missing a lot of the subtle nuances.

What does how many moves in the ring matter?

Tell me who gets the bigger reaction John Cena or Paul London?

Seriously if it was about movesets, Nova would be the greatest worker ever.

And clearly you haven't watched much Japanese wrestling, guys like Misawa and Kobashi could have 45 minute classics using 10 moves altogether.

And Tenay better than anyone in WWE? Maybe if it was 1999 and his only competition was Michael Cole. But now he's a joke. He over emphasises everything to ridiculous lengths, his interplay with Don West is like having a cheese grater driven up and down your nads.

And if Angle's a top draw worker, why isn't he drawing?

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity