Fan Clubs

The worst type of saving system you have ever saw/played?

Guest Ruderz

Guest Ruderz

Fable for me.

I mean being able to save your game when NOT in a quest, but NOT being able to save your progress while IN a quest, its just a load of rubbish I think.

Guest Anime Otaku

Dead Rising, easily, thread over.;)

The "can't save in a mission" thing is pretty standard Fable uses it, as does every GTA and it's copycats, IMO it's a good system, GTA 4 and Saint's Row really nailed it with the ability to restart missions instantly.

Guest The Beltster

Dead Rising. I got so fed up with the save system I got rid of it the day after I got it. Load of crap.

As for GTAIV, how do you immediately re-start a failed mission? Everytime I press the button, it does nothing, so please confirm for my stupid self exactly what I should be pressing :lol

Guest Frank Botch
Dead Rising. I got so fed up with the save system I got rid of it the day after I got it. Load of crap.

As for GTAIV, how do you immediately re-start a failed mission? Everytime I press the button, it does nothing, so please confirm for my stupid self exactly what I should be pressing :lol

When you're outside the police station or hospital you should get a message on your phone asking if you want to retry.Just press A or X(?) and it will restart.

Dead rising Meh!,

New Super Mario Bros.

You have to play through over 50% of the game before the save screen becomes available. Prior to that each zone has a mini and a main boss which you have to defeat to save so to save a game after doing a particularly tricky level you have to go back and play the boss level and then defeat him again to save.

Guest Chriscare

I find saving in GTA 4 really annoying. Why can't you just ring a number on your phone and save the game instead of going back to your safe house. Generally after a mission i'll start heading back to find a car to go to the safe house and some **** will run me down. Now we all know the underwritten rule that states if someone run you over you have to get a shot gun and blow their head off through their wind screen, this sets cop after me, and we all know the other unwritten rule that we dont run from the cops until we're at 3 stars minimum. Anyway, to cut a long story short, by the time i get to the safe house i'm usually a lot of money and ammo down.

Save points in general annoy me, i don't save the game to cheat and keep coming back to it, i save it because i'm bored or need to go somewhere.

New Super Mario Bros.

You have to play through over 50% of the game before the save screen becomes available. Prior to that each zone has a mini and a main boss which you have to defeat to save so to save a game after doing a particularly tricky level you have to go back and play the boss level and then defeat him again to sav

In all fairness though, it is a stupidly easy game.

Guest Davros
Save points in general annoy me' date=' i don't save the game to cheat and keep coming back to it, i save it because i'm bored or need to go somewhere.[/quote']

I totally agree (though I'm a great big hypocrite).

I remember back in the days of Tomb Raider it got ridiculous particularly when it came to navigating platforms - I was saving the game after each individual jump. I would have a million different save games just in case I'd messed up and I had to start back at a different point in the sequence.

One save / restart point would have been better.

Guest Chriscare

They should just make it so you can save literally whenever, but you just lose out on rep points or whatever if you save x ammount of times.

That way the people who like a challenge are happy, and those of us who think "i pay 40 quid for a game, i should be able to do what i want in it" will also be happy.

Guest Ruderz
They should just make it so you can save literally whenever, but you just lose out on rep points or whatever if you save x ammount of times.

That way the people who like a challenge are happy, and those of us who think "i pay 40 quid for a game, i should be able to do what i want in it" will also be happy.

Totally agree with this, we need to submit this idea to Bunjee or something.

Guest Chriscare
GTA4 autosaves upon completing a mission or task like getting a car for Brucie

Does it do that throughout? It used to do that on mine, but once i got past the first island it stopped doing the auto save.

There's some missions i've done at least 10-15 times because they never saved, was well annoying.

Even if it is just a bug in my version, you should still be able to save (or at least continue) from about halfway through, or at least from getting to your destination. It's so annoying when you have to re-drive all the way across the city because something went wrong in a later part of the mission.

Edited by Chriscare

Guest DarkMatchJobber
The original Splinter Cell which aside from being bloody difficult and too realistic for it's own good had a system of " screw you you save when we tell you not before "

Guest Ruderz
The original Splinter Cell which aside from being bloody difficult and too realistic for it's own good had a system of " screw you you save when we tell you not before "

The original Splinter Cell was blinking nearly impossible :lol