Fan Clubs

In The Dugout (The Football Manager,LMA Manager and Championship Manager Thread)

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Anyone whose anyone has played one of these games at some point in time and they absolutely consume you until the horrible realisation that you're not actually the Manchester United or Hull City boss and you have not just convinced Alan Shearer to become your assistant at Torquay United.

Anyways this is a thread dedicated to the games whatever version you have or have played/love.

Share your training tips,tactical hints and good player finds etc...

Guest Rebekah
Ive played all three of these games. Championship manager has always really been for the more tactical side of gamer, those who prefer stats and formations. I would say FM is a bit like this with a little less emphasis on the whole tactics thing. I would say LMA is more gamer friendly as pertains to the fact that the menus are a bit easier to navigate. I personally prefer LMA because it was easier for me to use.

Guest The B-Man

Football Manager.

I used to play Championship manager but when the split happened I went with Football Manager as it was most like the old Championship Manager series.

Guest Jayfunk
i have played all three i loved the first LMA on the PS1 its a bit easier as i am not very good with the crap loads of the stats of CM or FM and will still end up getting barc regulated even with a transfer budget of £50m

Guest Chriscare
Never played Championship Manager since the split. Generally good crap reviews so stuck with Football Manager, and it does just keep getting better and better. Just wish they'd change it so that some players are actually money hungry, and couldn't care less what team you are, just that your offering them double 100k a week

Guest big pau hoolinator
I play FM usual get the team short passing with the defense pushing up to dominate play and then using central playmaker or wingers depending on system to feed the strikers and winning

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I always played Champ Man until Eidos split form themand took their engine with them to create Football Manager then after playing both I said to myself I would never play Champ Man again as its just not as good as game

Tip would be though sign Kenny Deuchar if you take controle of any low ranking club... the man is a goal machine! :lol

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I got myself an original X Box again last week and one of the first games I hunted down was an old Championship Manager and ended up with 02/03 and it's still as addictive as ever.

I've found that on the console it's easier to get through an entire season in less than a day than it was on the PC.

I have played every version of Championship Manager up until after the big split. I bought the original big red box with Ken Dodd on the front...

CM01 was the best ever, I feel. Possibly the 1st edition of Football Manager. I barely touch it these days.

I have Footie Manager 07, before that I used to play Champ Manager 3 and whatnot.

Best management sim is Premier Manager 99. Not for realism, just because me and my cousin played it for hours on end, with Inter and AC Milan and had the best two teams ever

Guest DarkMatchJobber

What annoys me is when your board is 'delighted' with your performance but they won't cough up money for transfer fees or better wages!

Many a game has been called off and restarted from the beginning because of an annoying board of directors!

Guest Rebekah
I remember playing Premier Manager 98. It was the sex at the time. I had Savo Milosevic and Benito Carbone up front. Good times.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I remember Premier Manager 98 too Rebekah, it was impossible to win the Champions League! I was ManU and saved all the top guys just for CL games and still couldn't win it :(