Fan Clubs

Wrestling games in general

Guest gazieb

Guest gazieb

Wrestling games at the minute arec crap i think instead of getting better they have gotten so so much worse. I mean the greatest wrestling games IMHO although they lack features were:

WCW vs NWO revenge

WWF Wrestlemania 2000

As these were just great great great gameplay! the whole thing was awesome its jsut a shame they had hardly any match types and no backstage,

Then came the smackdown series entertaining arcade style game with a major backstage area thats what entertained me the most been able to go through rooms and rooms to battle but then they tone them down and bring a mediocre at best set of games first fo hardly worth a mention the series for the gamecube WWE REsomething or another a game with half decent graphics half decent story half decent gameplay but if you see the pattern half a roster

Then the smackdown Vs raw series the only thing left now. Which is ok and entertaining for atleast 2 month then you start getting bored. they need to ge the mix of the wcw vs nwo gameplay and the smackdown graphics and features and they'll be sorted

my two cents :)

Guest Al Stevens

Me personally i think this year and early next year is going to be an exciting time for wrestling games. TNA Impact which i know a lot of people are hoping to be one of the greatest games since No Mercy and with the new Smackdown Vs Raw coming out this year and next year we have the Legends of WrestleMania game coming out. For once we're getting something called options again. For where ever you stand is a good thing. For the fans of the old school we will get the legends of Mania which is basically the legends roster of Smackdown Vs Raw in it's own game which is something i am really intrested in. Also for modern wrestling you have TNA and WWE (as i said people are believing this might be one of the greatest games in regards of Impact) and yet again we are faced with the same old you know what from WWE.

The problem is that since they have done the Smackdown Vs Raw games there has been parts which everyone has either loved or hated. For example i know Betly has talked about the graphics and Dave has talked about the Animations which need some sort of over all. Ok saying that TNA's graphics looks slightly better but yet still not the sort of graphical power which a Next (well we should be dropping that because 360, PS3 and Wii are all current Gen) Gen, not when you compare it to graphics like MGS4 or GTA 4.

However with that the WWE games will always have a stronge following, however after the well to be honest the worse wrestling games in ages (i traded my copy of SDvR2007 for 08 and then when i traded in 08 i got 07 back) it will do well (even though it will need to really impress me game play wise).

Guest gazieb

True true

TNA has this shot for gaming but i think its going to be a bit of a let down isnt it acclaim whos making it ? the guys who done the appauling WWE attitude and that ?

Guest Al Stevens
Well i guess its waiting for the demo to come out and then seeing what we think. Personally i think it might be a great game and also I think they are using a whole new game play engine so that might intresting to see what happens.

Guest Dave7g
True true

TNA has this shot for gaming but i think its going to be a bit of a let down isnt it acclaim whos making it ? the guys who done the appauling WWE attitude and that ?

It's Midway who are handling Impact, they were behind that little known franchise Mortal Kombat. Seeing the gameplay footage it looks far superior to Smackdown as far as a game engine goes. Smackdown is like playing a game you have no control over sometimes for example knocking someone over near the corner then cuts to him lying in the middle of the ring while you watch a 15 second animation of an elbow drop, while JR describes Ric Flairs robes from the previous match. It's lazyness like that that has made Smackdown rubbish for the last 3-4 years.

Guest gazieb

Midway could do a good job looks sweet like just hope it is.

That confused me the first time JR went crazy on SVR i was Taker Vs Kane and he started screaming Stone cold stunner ! totaly mortal drunk i was like did i just hear that and thanks JR wasnt sure if stone cold was unlockable in this but i guess he f***kin is now !

Guest Fiona
I personally don't like wrestling games. Not because I don't like wrestling the reason is too many moves to remember for each wrestler. I always end up getting the sand whipped out of me. You can keep them all.:lol

Guest gazieb
HAHA just do whjat i do on the firsty time playing it punch punch kick get out the ring weapon and just blaze the face of your oppoent lol

Guest nWoHitman

yeh i agree i started playing wrestling games in the 90s i loved the arcade style of Wrestlemania Arcade and the sequel In Your House which were more fun to play the previous games that been on the Mega Drive like the raw game.

Warzone and Attitude were good games but had kinda complex button combos to pull of good moves then came along the great wcw/nwo revenge and wwe no mercy on N64 which were brilliant to play at the time.

As for the recent Smackdown games they improved up untill the 5th one which was Here comes the Pain which was excellent and the rest since then havent improved upon that so far.

Guest Da Showstoppa

I can sum up the turning point in four words "Bra and Panties Match"

To me it confirmed that THQ was too preoccupied with titillation and getting the diva's tits to bounce than focussing their attention on the mechanics and making sure the roster and gameplay, options etc were as good as possible.

Sure enough, every game since then has progressively been either worse to play or has a smaller roster or missing options etc.

How many people actually play "as the divas?" I'm sure most people would be more satisfied at having a wider roster to choose from and have the divas as non playable characters - all except the pre teens of course, and unfortunately it seems THQ are targeting them - rather than us "wrestling fans"

From what I've heard and seen of the TNA game - it seems that Midway are actually making the game to the opposite philosophy - aiming it at the wrestling fans who are pining for the likes of No Mercy.

Guess which one I'm awaiting the most?