Fan Clubs

TNA Vs WWE

Guest gazieb

Guest gazieb

Come on what do people think. Do you think TNA can topple Vinnie macs empire ?

Ive started to prefer TNA alot more now. I watch WWE mainly to for storys and to watch Jeff hardy.

But TNA could do it i think its got a new idea (6 sided ring) fresh faces who are willing to put there body on the line for the company they are willing to do more eXtreme things than most the WWE locker room. Through and through TNA is going from strengh to strengh while WWE seems to be doing everything it can to stay on top. I was reading a warrior interview and he said he would consider TNA. I think its jsut a matter of time before more WWE stars move over anyway ive got a feeling gregory helms will as hes jsut a low card player in WWE but could get a push in TNAs X division plus hes seein one of the "beautiful people" from TNA. I think if Jeff gets bored of WWE again he'll move back to TNA

:)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while WWE seems to be doing everything it can to stay on top

That is beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaautiful.

WWE truly are sh1tting themselves over TNA.

I think if Jeff gets bored of WWE again he'll move back to TNA

... Sorry... That's an obvious typo, you meant 'Fired'...

----

Watch this thread burn a death.

Edited by JobberJoe

Guest DarkMatchJobber

The TNA vs WWE debate is a potential powder keg on this forum but anyways I'll contribute to this thread and reply to the topic.

TNA is currently not competition for the WWE because they do not have anywhere near the exposure,finances,popularity or stability of Vince McMahon's empire.

Whilst it's true that WWE has lacked the ability to create new main event stars over the last few years it's only a matter of time before Jeff Hardy becomes a permenant fixture in the main event,CM Punk has reached the summit and should stay there (as he is the perfect representative for the company in this age of steroid,alcohol arrests and other scandals affecting wrestlers) and MVP,Kennedy and Matt Hardy will also be main event regulars within a year and a half.

TNA has done a good job of rehabilitating talent like Rhino after they were booked to oblivion in WWE but unfortunately every new recruit is given preferential treatment over the last talent to receive the red carpet treatment and subsequent main event push.

The trouble is the company relies too much on overblown and complicated gimmicks when it would be simply easier to concentrate on what they can do well instead of trying to do everything WWE does but in a minimilised and inferior fashion.

Guest Chriscare

Personally i was enjoying TNA until recently. Then they put the belt on Joe, i lost interest in the main event and haven't watched it or even had the temptation to watch it since.

When they do something that sounds interesting i'll watch again, but for now it's really really boring.

Guest gazieb

HHH has taken a liken to Jeff which is why Jeff was were he was before he went on a drug binge. Vinnie knows Jeffs the future so i think the next time they will have a cover up for him and says hes broken somehting or hes pursuing his music carrer for a little bit. As for CM punk Vince doesnt like him and had him pushed to OVW for a while when heyman was running it Heyman said punk is future but Vinnie wont listen and doesnt like him so the push hes got now i think is someone elses doing and is his do good or be gone sort of thing.

As fot TNAs backing and financal standings i think this whole international X cup is a effort to tie bonds with overseas companies for the chances of international trades and such. TNA got a huge reception over here on their tour so they making progress. Theyve jsut got to stop running in WWE shadows and start uttlising the new faces they have their AJ Daniels Petey williams Eric young etc

Guest Al Stevens

Here is my 1p into the disscussion.

In one hand you have a well known house hold name which has been going in different forms and names since the late 1960's and in the other we have a small child of 6 years of age. However you can look at the success of one and the **** up's of the other. While some might say that WWE cannot make new champions (which i disagree with i mean look at the success of Edge as a main even heel and a heel which you want to see lose the championship and if you love him or hate him same is said with CM punk and John Cena) However TNA's biggest problem is that they had the chance to leap frog the WWE and have some great champions around (AJ, Killings, early run Joe, if they could have been bothered to give him the main push Chris Harris). However the second Russo came back it was a case of what ever is thrown to the side in WWE snap up and make a champion, Or bring wrestlers who should have more sence to retire and never step back in to the ring and give them a push to the Top level of TNA (so my main examples of that state are the likes of Christan Cage, Sting, Kevin Nash and more so Kurt Angle).

Dont get me wrong i have said i try to watch as much as i can of everything i can get my hand on however in my eyes there isn't a Vs mode. One will always cater for what is missing. For example the WWE doesn't really do cruiser weights anymore so if fans love the Cruisers then this would be ideal timining imo for TNA to take away from the Angle show (and people say that WWE is bad with Triple H and he makes the WWE unwatchable at times Kurt makes TNA unwatchable as well) and make the X division the main reason for fans to turn into and enjoy.

Guest Fiona
HHH has taken a liken to Jeff which is why Jeff was were he was before he went on a drug binge. Vinnie knows Jeffs the future so i think the next time they will have a cover up for him and says hes broken somehting or hes pursuing his music carrer for a little bit. As for CM punk Vince doesnt like him and had him pushed to OVW for a while when heyman was running it Heyman said punk is future but Vinnie wont listen and doesnt like him so the push hes got now i think is someone elses doing and is his do good or be gone sort of thing.

As fot TNAs backing and financal standings i think this whole international X cup is a effort to tie bonds with overseas companies for the chances of international trades and such. TNA got a huge reception over here on their tour so they making progress. Theyve jsut got to stop running in WWE shadows and start uttlising the new faces they have their AJ Daniels Petey williams Eric young etc

Are you seriously kidding. Vince does like CM Punk if not he wouldn't be holding a title belt right now. Who else who push him if Vince says no he okay's everything. I think you have your facts mixed up.

As for TNA and their international effort. They were here in Toronto last year and only drew 3-4,000 people whereas the WWE Raw show here just a month or so ago at the Air Canada Centre has upwards of 16,000. No comparison at all.

MVP is right this is a power keg of a thread. Just waiting for the BAM.

Guest gazieb

From the sun online

He is one of the best and most popular wrestlers in the WWE, and proved that by winning the MITB briefcase in a breathtaking match at WrestleMania.

What’s more his ‘no drink, no drugs’ lifestyle also makes him the perfect standard bearer in an industry under scrutiny like never before.

But what has always held Punk back is that nobody in WWE management actually likes him very much.

His card was marked the moment he made his debut in a tryout match in the autumn of 2005.

We can reveal that the former Ring Of Honor champion only got that trial opportunity because the chief talent scout, John Laurinaitis, mistakenly thought he could be the next Jeff Hardy.

A federation insider told us: “Punk asked what finishing move he should do in the dark match and John asked him to do something like Jeff would.

“When Punk explained he wasn’t a high-flyer, John commented: 'Isn’t that what all you Ring Of Honor guys do?'”

Despite his huge success and credentials on the independent scene, nobody on Raw or Smackdown wanted him.

Instead, CM was sent down to WWE feeder federation OVW.

But he actually caught a lucky break because it was then being run by our own Paul Heyman.

Knowing of Punk's ROH work – because Heyman's pupil Gabe Sapolsky is the booker/writer for the group – he put him in a headlining program with Brent Albright.

Still, neither Raw nor Smackdown wanted Punk, so when WWE re-launched ECW in June 2006, Heyman brought the grappler over with him.

But according to several sources, Vince McMahon found Punk's straight edge proclamations to be holier than thou and couldn't fully get behind him as a top babyface.

And the grappler’s love for the ladies - known as his only 'high' - also got him in trouble. Having already dated TNA beauty Tracy Brooks and WCW’s Daffney, he paired up with Maria in WWE.

But it didn’t win him any friends in a company where the Divas are only supposed to date top stars. And their public shows of affection angered many, including Linda McMahon, who once caught them in a passionate clinch.

Still Heyman tried to push him, leading to a furious bust up with Vince McMahon before the ill-fated December To Dismember PPV.

Advertisement

Paul wanted Punk to make champion Big Show tap out within the first five minutes of the Elimination Chamber main event. Instead, Vince axed the plan and Heyman’s man went out first instead.

Ever since then, despite a big victory at WrestleMania, Punk has floundered at mid-card level. One minute jobbing, the next looking set to re-claim main event status.

The day after winning MITB, he was staring at the lights for Chris Jericho. It wasn't to start a new feud, it was just to make sure everyone knew their place.

We’d like to think that the WWE hierarchy have changed their minds about CM and are now giving him a true shot at superstardom.

It’s more likely that with rating fallings, desperate times are calling for desperate measures – and trying out a new champion is a lot cheaper than giving away a million dollars every week.

But now one thing is clear.

It’s Punk’s chance to prove himself.

He has the gold and is the man on Raw. It’s up to him to work hard, wrestle well and stay away from the Diva’s locker room.

If he does it will prove that whatever or whoever gets in the way, talent will always eventually rise to the top.

Guest Fiona

Listen newspaper spout facts all day long half of them are bent to say the least. Vince himself said he didn't like Punk at the beginning but he has grown on him.

They are at least giving him a chance to prove himself that can't be said for others who have been there longer. Kane is a perfect example. He has worked his butt of and been champion for all of what a day.

Guest gazieb
I know what your saying about newspapers however Heyman is main editior or whatever for the wrestling and the sun newspaper so theres got to be a little bit of truth behind

Guest Al Stevens
Eurgh, why can't we just play together like friends and like BOTH?

Because it would be cool if we played nice together

Guest gazieb
Because were human and *majority* of us are male discussing this and men like not to agree unless its someone agreeing with them :P

Guest Phil
why can't we just play together

you got my vote!

with regards to the thread, I quite like TNA, I quite like WWE. I dont think either are on a spectacular run of form lately, both are suffering from the misuse of talent and bad booking.

But the overriding factor, and the thing that will always be the difference, is that WWE is Motherf*cking WWF*uckingE. The very name WWE sells, whether the actual product is any good or not. Unfortunately TNA just doesnt have the pulling power in that regards.

Guest Phil
So women never disagree and argue?!?

Yeah course they do, but then there's always that sweet moment when you kiss and make up :)

Guest gazieb

Right i knocked us way of topic there

But as it Stand WWE is household and will be for a long time yet. TNA is still just a lil fish but has poetenal. There both been running really bad at the moment and its just a wait and see game to see if either books its ideas up or if TNA can up its game to meet/beat WWE

Guest Fiona
Because were human and *majority* of us are male discussing this and men like not to agree unless its someone agreeing with them :P

Sorry to burst your bubble here I'm a woman and I will step into any discussion no matter who is having it. I didn't expect sexism to rear it's ugly head here. Wow.:eek

So women never disagree and argue?!?

I guess not Nimf.:P I think I hear that BAM coming sooner than expected. lol

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

To answer the question of will TNA ever topple WWE the answer is no it never will.

I state that as a fact because I believe it is, TNA may get big in years to come but WWE is always going to be on top, short of Vince going nuts and closing the whole comapny down, but even then its DVD sales would net million of dollars a year

WWE is a world wide entity with its name selling itself now, which is something that TNA can't compete with. There has never been a monopoly on things like there is now within wrestling, WWE IS wresting to most of the world it has the biggest media deals with all the biggest TV companies, WCW had much more financial backing then TNA and still could only manage to beat WWE ratings wise for 80-odd weeks then impolded and that was in the days of the major names like Hogan, Hall, Nash, Goldberg etc who are all gone now (or well past their prime and drawing powers), and with no-one drawing any big numbers its not like TNA could do with WCW did and buy sucess

There isn't any ingrediants these days or looking to the future for TNA to use to claw in WWE and overtake them, esspecially with the way WWEs name is marketed, its that which sells the company to people not its wrestlers meaning it has the advantage of not needing draws where as TNA can't say the same