Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

50 U.S. Wrestling Matches to see before you die.

Guest The B-Man

Guest The B-Man

Ok I liked the idea that was done here for the films in the entertainment forum so 1 pick each, first 50 matches are the ones that go on the list.

The idea is if there was one wrestling match based by a U.S. promotion you had to see before you died what would you recomend?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk, I Quit, Clash of the Champions IX.

I need no reason to include this other than it's RIC F'N FLAIR and TERRY MOTHERF'N FUNK in a super heated, hate filled brawl with a molten crowd and Jim Ross and Gordon Solie calling the action. I believe THAT is what the old timers call that 'white heat'.

It be some professional wrestling, jack.

Guest The B-Man
??? v Shawn Michaels v Triple H

Chris Benoit is his name and let's not forget it.

Did kinda find it funny the way WWE took his name off Dvds etc, lol.

Guest The B-Man
Summerslam is the best one.

"And a special appearance by Randy Orton!"

Agreed, this one is a cracker.

Guest TheBigBoot

I like this idea, could be an interesting collection of matches by the end. My pick is...

WarGames: Sting, Nikita Koloff, Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat and Barry Windham vs. Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Steve Austin and Larry Zbysko - WrestleWar '92 (May 17, 1992)

The War Games concept is probably my favourite match gimmick and the one from 1992 had everything that made the match great: blood, intensity, strong heels, babyfaces who knew how to sell, good workers, individual feuds (Rude/Sting, Rude/Steamboat, Austin/Windham, etc.) that gave it some backstory, some nice sub-plots with the issue of if the babyfaces could trust Kollof and 'Cruncher' Larry Zbyszko as the "weak link" in the Dangerous Alliance. Probably favourite U.S. match ever.

Guest ScottyB
Edge and Christian Vs The Dudley Boyz Vs The Hardy Boyz in a TLC Match at Wrestlemania 17 for the WWF Tag Titles.

Guest Bryp13
any Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect match. They had such great chemistry. Also the first hell in a cell match between Taker and HBK. Meltzer gave it a five star rating.

Wrestlemania VII

Randy Savage w/Sherri v The Ultimate Warrior - The Loser Must Retire

Quite possibly one of the greatest matches of all time. The heat from the crowd was astounding and I would go on record to say it was the best match Warrior was ever involved in (Hogan the previous year was more high-profile, but I feel this was the better match).

Savage was rarely better, the commentary is off the charts good and Warrior looked like a million bucks. Add in the drama of the stipulation and Miss Elizabeth in the crowd and you have a forgotten classic. "FIVE ELBOW DROPS AND THE WARRIOR KICKS OUT!"

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity