Fan Clubs

PS2 question

Guest Inno

Shawn knackered his slimline PS2, and I had to replace it with an original, chunky one - this one doesn't seem to play audio CDs - any ideas how to sort this?

Guest Dave7g
The PS2 was/is diabolical for cd's and dvd's, I'm on my third PS2 now and I have never put a dvd or cd in it, compared to an 8 year old dreamcast that still plays music and vcd's perfectly.

It does indeed!

Well, it means the PS2 Laser is bound to mess up with the other discs anytime soon, but it's easily fixable.

When I sorted mine out, I had a friend take me through different techniques involving the laser but I've just found this step-by-step guide that should help you fix your problem: http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

It's really easy to fix and shouldn't take too long. I used vodka or gin (one of them) with a cotton bud to clean the laser and mines been working fine.

Good luck! :xyx

• 2 weeks later...