Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

5 Changes You Would Make In TNA and WWE

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Guest DarkMatchJobber

We've all got ideas as to what would make TNA and WWE better whether that be booking suggestions,hiring/firing suggestions,movesets and various other things so list your top 5 here for each company.

TNA

- Release Don West because he's annoyingly loud on commentary and often makes it difficult to follow what's going on and replace him with Raven who I'm sure would be a great commentator (didn't he do a bit of color commentary in WWE?)

- Release Black Reign,BG James and Kip James because all three hit their prime in the WWF attitude era and that was over 10 years ago! send them off to earn their income doing indie shows.

- Dedicate at least an hour of Impact each week to the X Division as it used to be the company's best attraction and still could be.

- Reach an agreement for Booker T's promotion to be a feeder group for TNA and also a place to send stale/rehabilitating from an injury talents.

- Borrow a page from WCW and do a 'when worlds collide' style ppv featuring TNA vs New Japan/Noah matches once a year.

WWE

- Use the ECW brand as a home for the clumsiest,botchiest and otherwise difficult to make money from talent such as Henry,Khali,Snitsky,Big Daddy V and Chuck Palumbo. This way Vince's big man fetish is appeased.

- Release all cruiserweights with the exception of Rey Mysterio because let's face it most of them are employed to job week after week and other than Rey they're never allowed to do anything that might set them apart from the rest of the roster.

- Move JR back to RAW but partner him with Scott D'Amore as I think the pair could enjoy the sort of chemistry JR had with Paul Heyman a few years back and make the show feel edgier.

- Bring back WWE Heat and Velocity as shows where talent can experiment with new gimmicks/ring styles/entrances,sort of a testing ground for fan reaction.

- Scrap the One Night Stand PPV

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raven who I'm sure would be a great commentator (didn't he do a bit of color commentary in WWE?)

I'll do my five points later, but Raven was Johnny Polo in WWF on commentary, and yes, he was brilliant.

We've all got ideas as to what would make TNA and WWE better whether that be booking suggestions,hiring/firing suggestions,movesets and various other things so list your top 5 here for each company.

TNA

Don't watch anymore but I'm well updated and aware I'm missing out on sweet.F.A.

WWE

- Use the ECW brand as a home for the clumsiest,botchiest and otherwise difficult to make money from talent such as Henry,Khali,Snitsky,Big Daddy V and Chuck Palumbo. This way Vince's big man fetish is appeased.

- Release all cruiserweights with the exception of Rey Mysterio because let's face it most of them are employed to job week after week and other than Rey they're never allowed to do anything that might set them apart from the rest of the roster.

- Move JR back to RAW but partner him with Scott D'Amore as I think the pair could enjoy the sort of chemistry JR had with Paul Heyman a few years back and make the show feel edgier.

- Bring back WWE Heat and Velocity as shows where talent can experiment with new gimmicks/ring styles/entrances,sort of a testing ground for fan reaction.

ECW already is what you described is it not? Or is there Champion not a huge fat man with a grudge against that ******* of a gift called movement?

Suppose you could cut all the cruisers go. But why not just EVERY person who doesn't have anything to do in WWE? I mean, release people on the basis of their weight class? Punk better start looking for a new job..

Moving J.R back... I mean like the idea personally but Scott D'Amore? Where in oblivion did you get that from? Why not just stick J.R. with JBL and both men can do what they're best at.

Nah Heat was the only ever worthwhile pre-event show. It had promos, added build-up and even a WWF Title match. The rest deserve to be forgotten.

One Night Stand? Hmm fair enough if you don't like it. Is it because of the actual idea for the entire card being tricked out or is it because it's not in the ballroom anymore?

Edited by JC

- Dedicate at least an hour of Impact each week to the X Division as it used to be the company's best attraction and still could be.
I don't know what you'd hope to achieve by giving 50% (at least?) to one set of wrestlers; a set that are not the main attraction in the company.

Sure, the X-Division was/is something that set TNA apart, but it is still the star names that draw in the viewers.

Take a look at TNA's current X-Division and tell me who in that bunch could seriously make TNA must-see TV?

WWE

Or you could have the cruisers fight over a title and only really face each other. Besides, Evan Bourne is getting to do more than any cruiser in recent memory. Hopefully, if Bourne doesn't injure anyone, WWE will relax the restrictions.
I don't know how this would really improve anything (as there would be a different PPV to replace it).

My five things are -

TNA

1) Put Raven on the booking team.

2) Do whatever it takes to get Paul Heyman on the booking team (but keep him away from the money).

3) Get rid of the six-sided ring.

4) Make them learn that one gimmick per match is enough.

5) Bring back Jeff Jarrett and use him to take the title from Samoa Joe... maybe that'll stop him being a whinging sh*t.

WWE

1) Do whatever it takes to get Paul Heyman on the booking team (there would be no worry about Vince letting him near the money).

2) Go forth and commit to a serious cruiserweight division.

3) Eliminate some PPVs so that Wrestlemania and Summerslam have six-week builds.

4) Make Survivor Series a PPV that only has traditional elimination tag matches.

5) Unify the World/WWE/ECW titles and the WWE/World Tag Titles.

Guest AngryRich

TNA

1) Hire Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff. Vince fears these guys, and that's why he bought them out. Heyman and Bischoff = Great storylines.

2) Sack the announce team. I don't buy them.

3) One gimmick per match. One gimmick match per show/PPV.

4) Sack all 'old' wrestlers and focus the show on the young guys.

5) Let the X-Division/Knockouts main event things every now and then.

WWE

1) Rebrand the ECW show so that it becomes a cross-show of Raw and Smackdown talent who don't get enough air time. It is not a separate brand, but more of a cross show competition.

2) Hire decent tag teams and decent cruiserweights to re-value these divisions.

3) Go back to an 8 PPV year.

4) Fire Michael Cole.

5) Fire wrestlers who can't work/fans don't care about.

--------------------

TheWrestlingBlog.net

TNA

1) Hire Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff. Vince fears these guys, and that's why he bought them out. Heyman and Bischoff = Great storylines.

I wouldn't say Vince bought either one out. Eric Bischoff had been gone from WCW and was in the process of buying the company himself (until the deal went through). It wasn't until Eric wasn't interested in WCW anymore that Vince went forward with the buyout. Even if Vince didn't buy WCW, the company would still have went under IMO.

ECW, like WCW, was dead and buried before Vince purchased the rights and video library. Add in the fact McMahon was part-bankrolling ECW when it was a separate entity and you have a situation where he didn't buy Heyman out either.

4) Sack all 'old' wrestlers and focus the show on the young guys.
It's the majority of the 'old' wrestlers who are the main draws (relatively speaking) for the company, so getting rid of them would make TNA more indy-looking than it is just now.

Sting, Jarrett (when he returns), Angle, Booker, Nash, Rhyno, Christian and Team 3D (as well as Tomko) are in the main angles for the company and attract the biggest reaction from the crowds. Get rid of them and you would have bland characters (outside of James Storm, AJ, Joe and Daniels when they bring him back) that, while good in the ring, can't connect with the audience away from it.

5) Fire wrestlers who can't work/fans don't care about.
This is ok in principal, until you realise that Steve Austin and The Rock weren't cared about when they first started out in WWE.

Even going lower in the card, someone like Santino would be sent packing, denying us the delights he puts out whenever he has a microphone near his face.

Firing people the fans don't care about mean the wrestlers don't get the chance to in the first place. By all means, get rid of people who have had chance after chance, but it can't be a blanket ban.

Guest ScottyB

Here's a quick list.

TNA:

1) Stop putting Ex-WWE talent above homegrown, especially when the Ex-WWE talent have only just arrived.

2)Fire Russo.

3)Attempt to increase production values. In my opinion, the current production doesn't shout top level, but it's a step up from indie production.

4)Tenay and West have to go. They're pretty annoying.

5)Less gimmick matches, people can then actually use the "TNA are focused mainly on wrestling" argument.

WWE

1)Tactically move the roster's around over the next 3 -5 years. Get the cruisers on ECW and make sure smackdown and Raw have a nice balance of lower mid-card through main event talent.

2)Fire the TV writers and hire wrestling writers, not just Bishoff and Heyman, but anyone who's got an incline into the industry.

3)Lose some PPVs.

4)Keep the superstars Brand Exclusive, make inter-promotional appearances and matches special.

5)Build a new tag division.

I've kinda outlined this before but:

Tna

1. Get rid of the ring.

2. get rid of the has beens

3. Find their niche

4. Develop what could be a watchable women's division.

5. Neverever do a fish match again...

WWE

1. Bring back the gimmicks

2. invest in tag teams

3. invest in the cruiser weights

4. Keep it wrestling and less angles

5. Stop using one company to develop talent

Guest Bryp13
I've kinda outlined this before but:

Tna

1. Get rid of the ring.

2. get rid of the has beens

3. Find their niche

4. Develop what could be a watchable women's division.

5. Neverever do a fish match again...

WWE

1. Bring back the gimmicks

2. invest in tag teams

3. invest in the cruiser weights

4. Keep it wrestling and less angles

5. Stop using one company to develop talent

I agree with you wwe changes, but TNA has bigger problems than their ring and their women's division is watchable and much better than wwe's as the women's division has given us some of the best matches not just women's matches in the US. Hence any Awesome Kong vs. Gail Kim match. They actually treat the women's division seriously. The women's matches have been some of the most highest rated segments on Impact lately. So pleanty think that the division is watchable. Do not believe me about them getting the highest rating segments, just check out Wrestlezone's TNA Impact Ratings news.

I agree with you wwe changes, but TNA has bigger problems than their ring and their women's division is watchable and much better than wwe's as the women's division has given us some of the best matches not just women's matches in the US. Hence any Awesome Kong vs. Gail Kim match. They actually treat the women's division seriously. The women's matches have been some of the most highest rated segments on Impact lately. So pleanty think that the division is watchable. Do not believe me about them getting the highest rating segments, just check out Wrestlezone's TNA Impact Ratings news.

two female wrestlers don't make a whole division watchable, yes awesome Kong adds a lot, but I am talking in general they need several serious players in the female division to make it entirely watchable.

Women's wrestling should be that, not just pretty girls pretending to wrestle. TNA shows promise, so investing in it makes sense in my book.

Guest Bryp13
two female wrestlers don't make a whole division watchable, yes awesome Kong adds a lot, but I am talking in general they need several serious players in the female division to make it entirely watchable.

Women's wrestling should be that, not just pretty girls pretending to wrestle. TNA shows promise, so investing in it makes sense in my book.

They do have more like ODB, Roxxi, and the Beautifal people

They do have more like ODB, Roxxi, and the Beautifal people

Nobodies I'm afraid, if they could they could really search for some female wrestling talent that has an image or a gimmick.

Would awesome Kong manage in WWE? No, *** it's all about divas and the look (which to be fair is what the male wrestling is currently about) she's toofat and ugly for WWE, but she has an image and a gimmick.

I think that TNA could invest in great female talent, if they manage to pull victoria across that would be a great boon!

Guest Jimmy Redman
I think that TNA could invest in great female talent, if they manage to pull victoria across that would be a great boon!

Not to me :(

Guest DarkMatchJobber
One Night Stand? Hmm fair enough if you don't like it. Is it because of the actual idea for the entire card being tricked out or is it because it's not in the ballroom anymore?

The reason I'd scrap One Night Stand is because it's a waste of space and besides which if it was scrapped there'd be more time to hype a unique ppv like Night of Champions.

As for Scott D'Amore it's common knowledge that he is through with TNA and someone with the heel heat he's capable of getting would settle in nicely on commentary plus I can picture JR calling him 'canadian bacon' on a regular basis :lol

Guest Bryp13
Nobodies I'm afraid, if they could they could really search for some female wrestling talent that has an image or a gimmick.

Would awesome Kong manage in WWE? No, *** it's all about divas and the look (which to be fair is what the male wrestling is currently about) she's toofat and ugly for WWE, but she has an image and a gimmick.

Really they are nobodies, to bad that they can wrestle better than Victoria. You obviously do not watch them so you can not say that the division is bad. Anyone that has seen them wrestle know that they are nobodies. They have greater talent in TNA in their women's division and you said it's all about divas and their look which is ver hilariuos.

Edited by Bryp13

Really they are nobodies, to bad that they can wrestle better than Victoria. You obviously do not watch them so you can not say that the division is bad. Anyone that has seen them wrestle know that they are nobodies. They have greater talent in TNA in their women's division and you said it's all about divas and their look which is ver hilariuos.

Charlie Haas can wrestle. But he's a nobody.

That make any sense to you?

Guest Bryp13
But ODB and Roxxi are well known in the indys and in the mainstream. What is with you jung, every post I make you have to knit pick at it rudely. Does it make you feel better? Obviously you want to try and bury someone who has only been around for about 4 months. And as a nobody, do you mean a jobber? Because ODB and Roxxi are not jobbers. Let me answer your question: NO. Because I do not know what you mean about a nobody. So please say what you mean when you say "he's a nobody". Edited by Bryp13

But ODB and Roxxi are well known in the indys and in the mainstream. What is with you jung, every post I make you have to knit pick at it rudely. And as a nobody, do you mean a jobber? Because ODB and Roxxi are not jobbers. Let me answer your question: NO. Because I do not know what you mean about a nobody. So please say what you mean when you say "he's a nobody".

I'm not nitpicking, you just don't seem to understand.

They are well known on the indies? So? so is Koko B.Ware?

And every post you make? I'm sorry, don't give yourself that much credit, I couldn't point out 98% of your posts you've ever made.

Roxxi and ODB aren't stars, they aren't well known even in TNA. She's just another random woman in their women's division. Who cares if she's a decent wrestler. To the mainstream audience or even to the TNA audience, she isn't high profile, or a star. She's a nobody.

Thus Charlie Haas is also a nobody. Decent enough wrestler, but not the mainstay of any division or any level, if he left, its no big loss and you'd barely notice. I mean I'll give you ODB, she's starting to get somewhere, but still she isn't established. Thus a nobody at the moment.

I'm not nitpicking, you just don't seem to understand.

They are well known on the indies? So? so is Koko B.Ware?

And every post you make? I'm sorry, don't give yourself that much credit, I couldn't point out 98% of your posts you've ever made.

Roxxi and ODB aren't stars, they aren't well known even in TNA. She's just another random woman in their women's division. Who cares if she's a decent wrestler. To the mainstream audience or even to the TNA audience, she isn't high profile, or a star. She's a nobody.

Thus Charlie Haas is also a nobody. Decent enough wrestler, but not the mainstay of any division or any level, if he left, its no big loss and you'd barely notice. I mean I'll give you ODB, she's starting to get somewhere, but still she isn't established. Thus a nobody at the moment.

What he said...

Plus I have seen enough of the women's division to know as a viewer that it isn't right, I don't care about them, granted I probably appreciate their wrestling skills better than the WWE counterparts, but don't go making wild statements about me not seeing them.

All I am not seeing is what you see Bryp.

Jung put it more eloquently than I, they have the talent, but what we need are characters and personalities to really add feeling to the TNA women's division. Kong has gone a long way to help that, but what I am looking for is a roster full of personalities.

Even if it's bringing back the cheap gimmicks of the late 80s and early 90s to give them a running start.

Guest AngryRich
Sting, Jarrett (when he returns), Angle, Booker, Nash, Rhyno, Christian and Team 3D (as well as Tomko) are in the main angles for the company and attract the biggest reaction from the crowds. Get rid of them and you would have bland characters (outside of James Storm, AJ, Joe and Daniels when they bring him back) that, while good in the ring, can't connect with the audience away from it.

This is ok in principal, until you realise that Steve Austin and The Rock weren't cared about when they first started out in WWE.

Even going lower in the card, someone like Santino would be sent packing, denying us the delights he puts out whenever he has a microphone near his face.

Firing people the fans don't care about mean the wrestlers don't get the chance to in the first place. By all means, get rid of people who have had chance after chance, but it can't be a blanket ban.

Nash never drew. Never. The most over he ever was, was when he was in nWo, but people saw nWo for Hogan, not Nash. Cage and Angle's arrival in TNA did nothing to ticket purchases or TV ratings. They only marginally changed the PPV numbers. AJ vs Daniels vs Joe is the most watched TNA PPV match. And you can see why. This is why they should push the old names aside and let these young dogs go at it.

And by getting rid of those who fans don't care about, I'm on about the likes of Kozlov. Dude gets no reaction. At least The Rock got "Die Rocky Die" chants. However negative a comment is, at least they have one. I have nothing to say to Vladimir apart from YAWN.