Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Saturday Night's Main Event Discussion Thread - 2nd August 2008

Guest FreeSpirit

What Did You Think of Saturday Night's Main Event XXXII?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think of Saturday Night's Main Event XXXII?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:

The Verizon Center - Washington D.C

TV Schedule:

UK: Sky Sports 3 at 11pm

USA: NBC at 9/8c

WWE will tape the next the next Saturday Night's Main Event on Monday 28th July 2008 at The Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. Saturday Night's Main Event will be taped that night along with RAW.

The show is scheduled to air in the UK on Saturday 2nd August at 11pm![/Quote]

Edited by FreeSpirit

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Black Knight
I am really looking forward to watching this year's Saturday Main Event. Saturday Main Event is going to be near my area!

Guest Black Knight
Did they have one at the start of the year?
No, the last Saturday Night Main Event was on 8/18/07.

Guest The Beltster
Anyways, SNME. It shows how much faith NBC have in SNME drawing a number these days when its taped at RAW and shown later. Sad really. Edited by FreeSpirit

Guest Fiona
Jimmy if you are attending the taping can you give us a run down of what happens. Thanks Edited by FreeSpirit

Guest Black Knight
Jimmy if you are attending the taping can you give us a run down of what happens. Thanks
No, im not attending the taping but I will be watching it. Last year's Saturday Night Main Event was ok but never like the first one.

Guest KingCobra
I hope this SNME is better than MNR has been in the past few weeks. If it is then I will definetely watch it.

Guest FreeSpirit

Right I've deleted all the Washington "geography lesson stuff". If we can keep this thread on topic about Saturday Night's Main Event, it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks Folks :xyx

Guest Black Knight
Sorry about that G2G. Do anyone here think that there will be Saturday Night Main Event spoilers before the show? Not that I want to read them, I just think there shoulden't be any since Saturday Night Main Event is something similar to a ppv.

Guest Redneck Messiah

I had six hours of SNME on a tape that accidently got erased a few years ago which sucks. It had the one I attended live in Hershey PA in 87 that had the following card:

- I-C Title: Randy Savage beat Champion Honky Tonk Man by DQ. After the match, Elizabeth was shoved to the floor and Hulk Hogan made the save.

- WWF Title: Champ Hulk Hogan beat Sika

- King Kong Bundy beat Paul Orndorff

- Tag Team Title: Champs The Hart Foundation beat Paul Roma & Jim Powers

Elizabeth getting pushed down was a big deal back then and was awesome to see live. Women hardly ever had any physical alteractions with male wrestlers back then. The gained a ton of heel heat for HTM. I was also a huge Honkey Tonk Man fan and still can fondly recall it in my head. I saw many house shows in Hershey and even had Honkey Tonk Man acknolodge us chearing for him in crowd as I thnk my friend and I were the only ones in the arena cheering him :) Also remember watching a Wrestlemania on the a big screen there and had other fans get mad that we were chearing HTM. It was back in the day when some people still thought it was real so pretty funny to see crowd reactions to certain things. I remember seeing a Hart Foundation vs British Bulldogs in a cage there too which totally rocked!

The tape also had some other really good ones from that timeperiod on it so kicking myself over losing them :( The new ones they recently started up don't even come close. SNME was special back in the day and they can't recapture that. Also hurst most of the new ones have been lackluster.

Edited by Redneck Messiah

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Do anyone here think that there will be Saturday Night Main Event spoilers before the show? Not that I want to read them, I just think there shoulden't be any since Saturday Night Main Event is something similar to a ppv.
There will be on all the usual news sites (F4WOnline, Wrestlezone. PWInsider etc) but not sure if anyone will post them here in this thread, can't remember from the last few threads for SNME

Guest Jericho123
It will be on Sky Sports, and i hope it will be better than the last few SNME because they have been awful.

Guest The Boss

Sadly I have little hope for Saturday Night's Main Event. It no doubt be more talk than wrestling, and the matches themselves will br throw aways that will end quickly so that they can show more skits.

If Saturday Night's Main Event is ever going to generate good ratings again, it will need a major overhall. Right now it's just another commercial for Vince McMahon's so called "entertainment".

Guest Black Knight
Sadly I have little hope for Saturday Night's Main Event. It no doubt be more talk than wrestling, and the matches themselves will br throw aways that will end quickly so that they can show more skits.
I doubt it. I have a feeling Saturday Night's Main Event is going to be way better than the previous ones. I'm not saying the last SNME's weren't good but I expected better. With Cm Punk as WHC champion and Triple H as WWE champion, I think they will have a match against each other.

Guest The Boss
I doubt it. I have a feeling Saturday Night's Main Event is going to be way better than the previous ones. I'm not saying the last SNME's weren't good
But they weren't. Bikini Bull riding contest? Bear drinking contests? There are places to go to watch this stuff for real and you will see a lot more. When you turn on pro wrestling you want to see wrestling.
but I expected better. With Cm Punk as WHC champion and Triple H as WWE champion, I think they will have a match against each other.
I doubt it. It will more than likely be some rediculous tag team match comprised of guys fighting each other on the next PPV. And instead of having a great match, they will be focussed on whomever ther opponent will be and the match will be a wash out.

Long gone are the days of 10 + ratings.

But they weren't. Bikini Bull riding contest? Bear drinking contests? There are places to go to watch this stuff for real and you will see a lot more.
I really want to go and see someone drink a bear.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity