Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

What matches Happened But You Wish They Never Did?

Paul

As it says, maybe its a bog standard WWE Raw/SD match thet was so bad you wanted to cry. Maybe a dream PPV match was ruined by shitty booking or wrestling, leaving you to wish it had never happened.

Me, I wish the Goldberg/Brock match hadnt happened. OK it wasnt as bad as it seemed at teh time, but it could, no, should have been so much more.

Anything including Justin Credible or X Pac wont need to be mentioned as we take that for granted. :P

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Boss
Every single Goldust match. I sued to be a fan of Dusten Rhodes. But when he sold out and went limp wrested it made me puke. I refused to watch any WWF programming that involved him.

Hogan/Warrior at 98.

If something was perfect for the time, the period and the setting, don't ever try it again because even if it's good, it will be miles inferior for all those aforementioned reasons.

The fact it was one of the worst matches in the last 30 years only makes it sadder and perhaps takes away from their initial confrontation. Leaves a bad memory and makes you think of the first one perhaps as lucky or a 1 shot thing, which is very unfair.

Sting/Hogan at Starrcade 1997. Just couldn't live up to the incredible hype job, and the controversy surrounding it was a lousy end to what had been the rewriting of "Perfect Booking 101".

Goldberg/Nash at Starrcade 1998, mostly for the ending. Just shouldn't have happened.

Guest Black Knight
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar is the only match that comes to my mind. The whole match was slow and terrible. The only part I liked about the match was Stone Cold hitting the stunner on both of them after the match.

Guest The Boss
Hogan/Warrior at 98.

If something was perfect for the time, the period and the setting, don't ever try it again because even if it's good, it will be miles inferior for all those aforementioned reasons.

The fact it was one of the worst matches in the last 30 years only makes it sadder and perhaps takes away from their initial confrontation. Leaves a bad memory and makes you think of the first one perhaps as lucky or a 1 shot thing, which is very unfair.

While their Holloween Havoc match was terrible as far as technical wrestling goes. There is another side of it that you could watch if from. I'm talking to all of you who hate the Ultimate Warrior wimp. Think of all the reasons that you hate him. Because he suddenly left, because he squashed Hunter Hearst Helmsley, because you can't understand his promoes, because he refuses to job, because you hate his character, because you think he has no technical skill... or whatever the reason may be. Think of those reasons and focuss on how much you hate him. Then watch the match.

Notice that for the first and only time in his career, the Ultimate Warrior wimp is being dominated from bell to bell. He barely gets a move in. Think of that hate through out the match and you'll find yourself cheering for every kick, puck choke etc. that he recieves. Your mouth will water as you hear him scream "STOP! YOU'RE KILLING ME!" I remember watching that. I was laughing like Ted DeBiasie with my fingers turned inward like claws. HAHAHAHAHAAH!

Goldberg vs Lesnar. If they couldn't do it properly they shouldn't have done it at all..

CM Punk vs Big Daddy V (No Mercy, I think), what was the point at that length, honestly...

Kane vs Chavo (WM24), same as above.

I'll likely think of more later.

Guest The Beltster

Hogan vs Slaughter at WMVII, we should have had Hogan/Warrior 2 which would have then stopped the WCW Hogan/Warrior match from ever happening as Hulk would have got his win back in the Collesium.

Hogan vs Sid at WMVIII too, it sucked and we should have had Hogan/Flair pretty much in their semi-primes, with Hogan going over for the WWF title. F'n steroid scandal!

Guest Jericho123
Batista v Umaga WM 24. Im pretty sure Batista was sulking because he was not in a main event match, because he sleepwalked his way through.

The "Kennel from Hell" match. The concept, on paper, could have been interesting (if featuring talent worth caring about), but the execution was Wrestlecrap at its peak.

Also, virtually any face-Doink (w/Dink) match in existence (especially the "Four Doinks" debacle at Survivor Series). It's doubly annoying because heel-Doink (Matt Bourne edition) was awesome. If you haven't seen it, try and find his match against Bret Hart from (I believe) Summerslam '93.

Edited by DC

Guest Jimmy Redman

Goldberg v Lesnar, and to a lesser degree Batista v Umaga, as people have said, they were huge disappointments.

Matt Hardy v MVP on Smackdown, right after his return at Wrestlemania. Matt beat MVP cleanly in a random TV match, just like that, and then won the title at Backlash. Just such a letdown after their great feud, and after Matt's great return.

Uncensored '96 - Tower of Doom steel cage match

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs The Alliance to End Hulkamania (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Meng, The Barbarian, Lex Luger, Kevin Sullivan, Z-Gangsta and The Ultimate Solution)

Yeah.. that was another pretty bad one.

Guest Jayfunk
Any Petey Williams match.

Basically would have saved me from clawing at my own eyeballs.

petey williams isn't that bad i have seen hundreds worse, he has had some great battles with chris sabin in late 04 and early 05 (which got me back into wrestling after the dull years 03-05). His is work with scott steiner was good as well,

also he is in ring work is exiciting and solid. His finisher is also very good

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Batista v Umaga WM 24. Im pretty sure Batista was sulking because he was not in a main event match, because he sleepwalked his way through.

I didn't think the match was actually that bad,it wasn't a classic or even greatness personified but it was alright for what it was.

Guest Al Stevens

Brock vs Goldberg - I guess it would have been less painful rubbing my ballsack up and down a rusty razorblade with lemon juice on it.

Joe vs Kurt Angle - For myself it was vastly over hyped and that was the biggest let down in ages.

Triple Cage of Doom - the only good thing about this match was when Mike Awsome, Awsomebombed Kayon off the stage and "Crippled" him

Guest The Bisch
The match in which David Arquette won the WCW World Championship...how did anyone at WCW think that this would improve the product?

Guest Jayfunk
Joe vs Kurt Angle - For myself it was vastly over hyped and that was the biggest let down in ages.

i think they should have waited until angle got to used to working TNA's Style before letting this one out of the bag

Guest Al Stevens
i think they should have waited until angle got to used to working TNA's Style before letting this one out of the bag

I still think it would have been a terrorable match. For example look at the first match between Mick Foley and Sabu. Everyone had hyped it up beyond belief and it was no where near as good as there second or 3rd encounter. The fact is the IWC and TNA fans would have built it up to a level where well it wouldn't have been able to match there hopes and it would have turned out to be as equally as bad as Brock Goldburg

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity