Fan Clubs

Toughest Games

Guest Dutt

What are some games you've played, that have made you want to throw the controller at the wall out of frustration?

I'll start with a couple of obvious choices:

Ninja Gaiden (series): Wow, where to start, you need mad skills to play this game! It's hard as nails at times, but it's FAIRLY hard in that you need to practice, practice and of course practice dodging, rolling, parrying and pulling off insane combos. All while trying to fend off the 8 spider ninja's circling around you that want your blood! It's tough, but I can't get enough of it!

Contra (series): All I have to say about this game.. One hit kills? UNNECCESSARY! :info7:

Guest Black Knight
Scareface: This game is very challeging and hard too beat. I have had the game for about 8 months and still can't beat the game. This is a good game and I strongly recommend it but its very hard. The first mission is real easy since all you have to do is take care of the people who are trying to murder at the house. After that mission you are in a world of trouble.

Guest Fiona
Any wrestling game. I can't remember all the moves and end up getting beaten to a pulp. And any driving game. Walls and other cars are my favourite targets and I usually end up dead last.:lol

Guest Aholda
The Silver Surfer game for NES. I remember back in the day it was the most nerve racking frusterating piece of garbage ever....but I couldn't stop playing until I beat it.

Here's a few more extremely tough games...

Super Ghouls n' Ghosts and it's spiritual successor, Maximo!

Castlevania: Dracula X for the SNES can also be extremely unforgiveable..

Play them.. You'll see exactly what I mean!

Guest KingCobra
Scareface: This game is very challeging and hard too beat. I have had the game for about 8 months and still can't beat the game. This is a good game and I strongly recommend it but its very hard. The first mission is real easy since all you have to do is take care of the people who are trying to murder at the house. After that mission you are in a world of trouble.

It is not really hard all you have to do is think tactically and use some of the cheats. But there was one really hard mission and in this mission you had to kill Nacho Contreras on a boat and I kept getting killed and it was so long but I finally beat it without the cheats.

Thank you for applauding me on my amazing acheivements.

Guest Evil Monkey
Gauntlet!! Ok, so not particularly tough if you have more than one player, but as a one player game - you have to be quick to get yourself back from the dead before it says game over!

Commandos (any one of the series) on the PC was just brick hard. Commandos 2 in particular was a bit of a sod

F-22: Air Dominance Fighter was a bugger as well, I mean your a stealth fighter but when you kick on the afterburner to get to a way-point quicker you suddenly find a SU-27 Flanker shoving a long range missile up your tail pipe!

When I was a kid we had Zelda 2 on the NES, but it was a bootlegged cart of the Japanese Gold edition so not only was it brick to begin with, it was also in Japanese... my 6 year old brain ached trying to play that one.

Guest Kanenite

Mine would have to have been Kingdom Hearts, fighting Malificent Dragon was just insane. I couldn't do it no matter what, I remember getting so pissed off, bare in mind this was 5 years ago I was biting the analog sticks and throwing it at the floor and door.

I'm a bit more chilled now but can still have some rage at games that are hard.

Guest Black Knight
It is not really hard all you have to do is think tactically and use some of the cheats.
I never really use cheat codes on video games because it defeats the whole purpose of the game. But I will look into it. :xyx

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter (PS2)- This game is too hard, because of the ridiculous Dragon Counter thingy. When the counter gets to 100%, it's an immediate game over. To actually counter this, you are expected to restart the game over and over again. I got quite far into the game, then the counter hit 100%, and I could'nt be bothered starting again...:lol

WWF Rage in the Cage (Sega Mega CD)- The controls in this game are confusing! It's nearly impossible to counter your opponents moves, and if you actually manage to win, it just gets harder!:doh32:

Edited by ShaolinHandLock