Fan Clubs

THQ losing the rights to make WWE games!!!!

Guest nWoHitman

Guest nWoHitman

Just found out THQ is probably losing it's licence to make WWE games after it's contract runs out in 2010 so does this mean the smackdown series is ending? or will we get better of worse wrestling games in the future who knows now!!!

It seems there making the WWE legends of wrestlemania game now so they can cash in while they still have a WWE contract and they have aqquired the rights to make UFC games in the future.

Who will take over the WWE games contract i suppose it might be EA electronic arts but there previous attempts with WCW games failed to impress such as Mayhem and backstage assault.

So any thoughts on this i suppose it's time someone else was given a chance with the WWE licence.

Guest Rebekah
I'm not too sure who would get the license. Maybe its a good thing that THQ have lost it, the last few Smackdown games (all after HCTP) have been utter crap.

Guest The Beltster
This has been well known for a while now, its something to do with Yukes who also have something to do with Jakks Pacific, who have also lost the licence to make WWE toys to Mattel.

Guest Al Stevens
Hopefully whoever picks up the rights will give the next game in 2011 a complete graphical and control reset. As Bebekah said after here comes the pain they have gone down hill pretty quickly (Even though i do think SDvR 2007 was the slightly better game)

Guest MojoPogo
THQ/Yukes are the guys who did No Mercy I believe.

I think the original team who came up with the engine for it, moved to EA though. Im sure they did the Def Jam games...at the very least they did Def Jam: Fight for New York....

Guest KingCobra
I think EA have stepped up big time in theselast few years therefore I wouldn't mind if it did go to EA or to rockstar. Rockstar are so great they have made GTA and on the contrast they have made the Midnight Club series a completely different genre so I think that wwe should either give it to EA or Rockstar. Edited by KingCobra

Guest Jayfunk
Who will take over the WWE games contract i suppose it might be EA electronic arts but there previous attempts with WCW games failed to impress such as Mayhem and backstage assault.

i liked mayhem the commentry was good, mayhem was the best PS WCW game by far although i did like thunder eventhough it was basic

Guest KingCobra
Rockstar are likely to be brought by EA soon though Cobra.

Why would rockstar agree with this rockstar have got so many big names so why would they want to be brought by EA.

I suppose EA "Sports" is a good call.

I recall EA doing the WCW games but not EA Sports

Yeah, EA and EA Sports are two different divisions (like Sky One and Sky Sports for example).

When I heard that EA were doing WCW Mayhem, I automatically assumed it would be EA Sports (who, at least, would be big on the presentation side of things). I was less than thrilled when it turned out it wasn't the sports division and my fears were fulfilled when every wrestler appeared on screen as a limp-wristed semi-representation of who they were meant to be.

Why would rockstar agree with this rockstar have got so many big names so why would they want to be brought by EA.

Rockstar really only have one big hitter games wise, and that's the Grand Theft Auto game.

EA purchasing Rockstar wouldn't mean that EA make the games, they just publish and distribute them. For the money EA are offering to buy Rockstar Games, it's make a lot of sense really. EA are pretty much one of the top 3 publishers in gaming really. A Grand Theft Auto game under the EA header, might not really make much difference to us the consumers, but from a marketing standpoint, Rockstar get more publicity and more marketing on their product, and EA get increased profits from one hell of a great selling game.

Guest KingCobra
Rockstar really only have one big hitter games wise, and that's the Grand Theft Auto game.

EA purchasing Rockstar wouldn't mean that EA make the games, they just publish and distribute them. For the money EA are offering to buy Rockstar Games, it's make a lot of sense really. EA are pretty much one of the top 3 publishers in gaming really. A Grand Theft Auto game under the EA header, might not really make much difference to us the consumers, but from a marketing standpoint, Rockstar get more publicity and more marketing on their product, and EA get increased profits from one hell of a great selling game.

Yes but you have forgot the Midnight Club series they are awesome and if people think that EA made it they are going to think it will be just like NFS Prostreet which was utter utter rubbish. Good thing I didn't buy it though.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Y'know it's not entirely out of the question that THQ will bid and win the new license. WWE games are extremely lucrative for them.