Fan Clubs

Spanking Children, your opinions?

Guest Jayfunk

Guest Jayfunk
Where did it all go wrong

when perants were told you can't hit there children. After that it went to pot, pain is a great teacher and pain is remembered, not no TV for a week and go to your room (the one with the internet and a nice PC in it)

and i don't mean go and abuse them but you should be aloud to hit them without getting into trouble yourself. people have far to many rights these days

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Al Stevens

Well i suppose you could say "new labour" is the reason why the UK is in the pits so much.

However if your a daily mail reader then it will be down to Voilent video games and the growth of people coming into this country :lol

Guest The Beltster
when perants were told you can't hit there children. After that it went to pot, pain is a great teacher and pain is remembered, not no TV for a week and go to your room (the one with the internet and a nice PC in it)

and i don't mean go and abuse them but you should be aloud to hit them without getting into trouble yourself. people have far to many rights these days

While I agree that a smack on the ass if a kid is playing up big time isnt a bad thing, I dont smack my son and he does what he's told for the most part.

I think its the upbringing a child has that dictates their attitude and general behaviour, not whether they get a smacked ass or not. Set them a good example of how to behave, and it will rub off for the most part. Call them a c*nt, whack them more often than not and generally show them no love and they wont respect you or care what you think, and end up the same way you are. The cycle then continues.

Guest Aholda
While I agree that a smack on the ass if a kid is playing up big time isnt a bad thing, I dont smack my son and he does what he's told for the most part.

I think its the upbringing a child has that dictates their attitude and general behaviour, not whether they get a smacked ass or not. Set them a good example of how to behave, and it will rub off for the most part. Call them a c*nt, whack them more often than not and generally show them no love and they wont respect you or care what you think, and end up the same way you are. The cycle then continues.

I agree 100%.

It all matters with the upbringing. My parents raised me to respect my elders, say my 'sirs and ma'ams'. What people are missing these days is respect and integrity. The media plays a big role in people's lives these days and all the crap you see on TV affects you. Putting celebrities on a pedastal, that is one thing I find disgusting. We're all people, no one is better than anyone else when it comes down to the come down. We all live and we all die. I just don't buy into gossip about celebs and bullsh*t like that.

Guest Al Stevens

Count me in with statment i completely agree

Guest ScottyB

I beg to differ with a lot of you.

I think for the most, the UK has great Family Values.

Its the bigger towns and cities that don't in my opinion.

Being from Wales, the majority of my immediate (Grandparents, Aunts + Uncles, Cousins) family all live within a 10 minute drive, heck I live on the same street as one lot of grandparents. And to me family come before all.

Oh, and Men shouldn't smack children, they don't realise how hard their strike is. And even if you was to hit with the same force as a Woman, the man's hand is probably a lot bigger and will still cause more pain.

Guest Jayfunk
Oh, and Men shouldn't smack children, they don't realise how hard their strike is. And even if you was to hit with the same force as a Woman, the man's hand is probably a lot bigger and will still cause more pain.

that might be inpractical, for example if a father and his child was out on there own and the child is oh need of a smack then you can't say wait to you get home for the smack from your mother, men can also control there force. also they would loss there authority.

If smacks are need then they should be delievered with just enough force to prove the point and teach them a lesson no more and no less.

Oh, and Men shouldn't smack children, they don't realise how hard their strike is.

Tosh, utter tosh. Most men are fully aware how hard they strike. Theres a difference between not knowing and not caring though.

Guest ScottyB
that might be inpractical, for example if a father and his child was out on there own and the child is oh need of a smack then you can't say wait to you get home for the smack from your mother, men can also control there force. also they would loss there authority.

If smacks are need then they should be delievered with just enough force to prove the point and teach them a lesson no more and no less.

To a degree yes. And there are other ways of disipling children, a stern change in vocal tone may work just as well as a slap.

Tosh, utter tosh. Most men are fully aware how hard they strike. Theres a difference between not knowing and not caring though.

You do have a point, but I can't see it being true for all men, some may not actually realise their own force, to them it may seem like just "a tap".

Back on topic, Italians make good food.

You do have a point, but I can't see it being true for all men, some may not actually realise their own force, to them it may seem like just "a tap".

Oh of course, not everyone is the same.

I think a physical punishment is certainly acceptable before they can understand what you tell them, and still in situations after that, i think banning it is stupid.

Hell, look at our family. Me, Did and Lolleybelle were all smacked when it was needed. Our brother was very rarely spanked.

Guess which one ended up in the clink?

edit: thread split.

Edited by Paul

Guest Ruderz

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Me and my brother were both smacked when we were naughty and we have never been in any trouble our entire lives and have no mental problems from it either which also goes for the other kids around here, they were all smacked and it snever done them any harm thus far

I don't see a problem in a smack on the arse when its needed personally if/when I have kids I don't care what the govenment says I will bring them up my way which will mean a swift smack if they are doing wrong

Guest Aholda

It gives children discipline when used properly.

Now beating the sh*t out of your kid is not cool whatsoever. But if they disrespect you or do something that you find as a parent unsuitable, then I find nothing wrong with a stiff pop to the ass.

It's the kids that were never disciplined who end up little sh*ts. It's the ones who's parents said goto your room and "no nintendo for 2 hours mister" who don't learn their lesson. I always found time out the most worthless punishment ever.

But, a firm voice isn't always enough. It is after your children have learned to respect you, but if there is no respect, sometimes you have to spank that ass.

Guest Black Knight
My parents didn't believe in spanking kids, but they believe in punishments and restricting privileges. I never got a spanking from my mother or father because mainly I always got punished. They would take the plug from my game systems, take the internet rouder, take my TV, etc.

I grew up in a house where if you done something wrong you got a slap, normally from whatevere adult was in the room at the time be it mum dad or gran, never done me any harm.

I have 2 kids and when a tap is needed it is given screw the laws I challenge any politician who spends time with their children (most have nannies and au pairs) not to raise their hand to a naughty child.

Its down to these laws that kids nowadays talk to adults like crap and have no respect for themselves or those around them. 1 child in my street swears and mouths off so bad I've even threatened to slap him myself he's that damn bad I've stopped my kids hanging around with him and its worked he's now quiet and polite whenever he see's me and the boys and no and again I may let him into the back yard as long as he promises to behave I dont want that **** round my kids as influence counts for a lot in a childs life.

If I hadn't had a few good hidings when I was younger I'd probably grown up badly, I've watched my Aunt do it my gran spoilt her and she has no job never wants to work and talk about foul mouthed and rude its unbelievable that with my nan's 4 other kids to look at that she could ever have let the youngest get away with what she has. I do solidly think that had she had a few slaps as a kid she wouldn't be the way she is, now its left to me to put her in her place at age 20 I think its too late.

xXx

Guest Black Knight
But spanking isn't child abuse. It is if taken too far, but a light popping isn't abuse even by the farthest stretch of the word.

Guest Laffy
I was smacked occasionally when i was a kid and apart from once never did me no harm, on the one occassion it went too far i got hit accross the face with quite a bit of force. I could not see out of my eye for almost three hours. It was the last time either me of my little brother was smacked. i do not see a problem as long as it is immediate and the kid knows why they are being smacked. As i remember being a kid not knowing why i had been smacked and the anger because of that. I do not think i would do it to my kids but would not rule it out.